Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    Interesting. I didn't know who Harrington was. After looking at his photo I said yeah, he looks like Reed. And he's four years older than Pedro! He's so fit that he looks younger. (But I'm not advocating for anyone who's acting I'm unfamiliar with. And Marvel is probably looking for someone with cachet.)
    Yeah Pedro is the bigger name. Which their probably gonna need to launch the FF.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Yeah Pedro is the bigger name. Which their probably gonna need to launch the FF.
    I wouldn't say he is bigger in comparison to Driver or Gyllenhaal but he has a bigger likability factor than them.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I wouldn't say he is bigger in comparison to Driver or Gyllenhaal but he has a bigger likability factor than them.
    Eh, I think Pascal and Gyllenhall are probably tied in that respect. But maan they should just cast Nic Cage as Reed.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Eh, I think Pascal and Gyllenhall are probably tied in that respect. But maan they should just cast Nic Cage as Reed.
    Cage is too weird for a 4 quadrant movie and If they finalize the casting of Pascal it just signals that they will be mining his goodwill for his numerous dad roles.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    For one thing, it matters if they want him to do multiple movies. A much younger actor would be able to do it longer.
    What you don't think he can so this past 60?

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Well I mean say this is true and we are starting with a Reed this old. Then Sue will have to start at what at least 35+ and I would say the kids have to either be born already or she would have to be pregnant at least in the first one if they plan on expanding the family.

And I think it would be a mistake not to come into it prepared for success, a hit and leaving yourself room for the kids at some point.
    Why does she have to be 35+ people date marrie older people all the time.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I was just putting her guesstimate age in terms of maybe having 2 kids if they want to go that route. I didn't say it was weird or anything. If they want her to be 20s whatever lol. But it could be weird visually if the discrepancy is too jarring. Storywise I would assume they want to keep the comic "rivalry" of their relationship with Doom as well. So they would need to be at an age where it makes sense they met and worked together.
    Last edited by kidfresh512; 11-16-2023 at 01:25 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Cage is too weird for a 4 quadrant movie and If they finalize the casting of Pascal it just signals that they will be mining his goodwill for his numerous dad roles.
    Cage is def too weird. But it would be funny af lol.

Astonishing Member

For one thing, it matters if they want him to do multiple movies. A much younger actor would be able to do it longer.
    Good lord! He may be older than the age traditionally cast for superheroes -- but I don't think he's gong to rest home any time soon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    It's a bad look in Hollywood. They have a bad reputation of pairing younger actresses with older actors -- and forcing actresses of the same age to take supporting roles instead.

This is disappointing. I would have hoped for a younger cast to really be able to center the MCU around these characters for at least 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Funny, I don't think of Reed as awkward and nerdy. (maybe when he was young, but if they cast Pascal it likely won't be that) He's too accomplished and confident for that. I see him as brilliant and appearing detached, but someone who feels deeply. Essentially like Spock more than anything. But of course, it will all depend on the story they want to tell and how this Reed will be presented.
    Yeah, I think of Reed Richards as quite sophisticated, smoking a pipe and so on. Then again, I've been rereading the very early F.F.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    I'd imagine that when the F4 is introduced in the MCU, Reed and Sue will already be married with children.
    Kind of curious if they might be taking the approach I think the new Ultimate Spider-Man comic is, that maybe they actually get their powers after that's already happened.

The first FF movie kind of did that with the Thing.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 11-17-2023 at 07:42 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Good lord! He may be older than the age traditionally cast for superheroes -- but I don't think he's gong to rest home any time soon.
    As we've seen, these movies can take years each to get off the ground. Isn't Marvel fond of 4 picture deals?

As we've seen, these movies can take years each to get off the ground. Isn't Marvel fond of 4 picture deals?
    I hate to bring up something tragic but Chadwick Boseman's death shows even when casting young it's not a guarantee.