Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Well I mean say this is true and we are starting with a Reed this old. Then Sue will have to start at what at least 35+ and I would say the kids have to either be born already or she would have to be pregnant at least in the first one if they plan on expanding the family.

And I think it would be a mistake not to come into it prepared for success, a hit and leaving yourself room for the kids at some point.

Rumours are that Vanessa Kriby will be Sue. She is 35.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Maybe they got mixed up and he is really Doom...
    In the comics and many adaptations I think he's roughly the same age as Reed as they were college classmates.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by mburns View Post
    Rumours are that Vanessa Kriby will be Sue. She is 35.
    That's no issue they can age her up or stress the difference in age in their marriage and since she is rumoured to be the lead it could be an interesting team dynamic.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

So it sounds like they are doing the FF in their prime. Not an origin movie (probably flashbacks for that)
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Pedro=great actor
    Pedro as Reed is just not the right choice.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by mburns View Post
    Huh? I thought they didn't just cast John Krasinski in the role becuase he was too old but Pascal is 4 years older than Krasinski.
    Krasinski's cameo was disappointing. I don't think he did a particularly good job as Reed, but they also didn't give him much to work with.
    I like Pascal, but he seems like an odd fit for Reed. He doesn't come across as the cerebral type and is usually a lot more... sexual? I can't see the man the internet calls "daddy" as Reed Richards LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Wasn't Adam Driver and Matt Smith also in "Final talks" a while back too?
    Yeah, but they both bowed out.

I'm more concerned with just getting a good movie. Love Pedro, looking forward to his Reed.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    I'm more concerned with just getting a good movie. Love Pedro, looking forward to his Reed.
    Same.

Not like they can't use makeup to age people up or down like they have been doing throughout the entire history of cinema.

And part of me wants this to hurry up so I can get me a Silver Surfer movie.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

I have no problem with this casting. Actually got me thinking I am not sure I have had a problem with any casting marvel has done. I mean as long as the material is good thats fine by me. I am sure there is one of two castings that haven't worked for me but I am going to have to think about it.

He is not the first person I would cast but that's because I've mostly seen him as bad or morally ambiguous characters. I thought he was great in the movie Prospect as well as the Last of Us TV series. He has a more rugged look and that's not my image of Reed. But he's a good actor and if they are adapting the Hickman stuff I can see him really embodying that Reed.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Extraordinary Member

I think Jay Harrington from S.W.A.T woulda made a good Reed. And Kenneth Johnson from the same show would make a good Ben. But Pedro should be able to pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I think Jay Harrington from S.W.A.T woulda made a good Reed. And Kenneth Johnson from the same show would make a good Ben. But Pedro should be able to pull it off.
    Interesting. I didn't know who Harrington was. After looking at his photo I said yeah, he looks like Reed. And he's four years older than Pedro! He's so fit that he looks younger. (But I'm not advocating for anyone whose acting I'm unfamiliar with. And Marvel is probably looking for someone with cachet.)
    Last edited by Largo161; 11-16-2023 at 11:44 AM.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Pascal is 48, RDJ was 43 when Iron Man came out in 2008 and Patrick Stewart had just turned freaking 60 when X-Men 2000 came out and Samuel L. Jackson a few months shy of 60 when Iron Man came out and all played the characters for years.

As for Reed well he was either knocking on 40's door or well into it when he was introduced in the comics in 1961 both him and Ben were originally WW2 vets. Why do you think he had the hint of white in his hair? It was to convey he wasn't young.
    Pedro will be 50 by the time this movie comes out, if we're lucky. That's seven years older than RDJ was. Fury and Xavier are characters I would expect to be at or past middle-age at the time we meet them. Their character arcs do not include getting married and having kids.

If the aim is to have--at minimum--a trilogy over the next 7 to 10 years, I would shoot for an actor who's 40.

I'm not totally against Pedro. Just not hyped.
    Last edited by Largo161; 11-16-2023 at 10:15 AM.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    Pedro will be 50 by the time this movie comes out, if we're lucky. That's seven years older than RDJ was. Fury and Xavier are characters I would expect to be at or past middle-age at the time we meet them. Their character arcs do not include getting married and having kids.

If the aim is to have--at minimum--a trilogy over the next 7 to 10 years, I would shoot for an actor who's 40.

I'm not totally against Pedro. Just not hyped.
    I'd imagine that when the F4 is introduced in the MCU, Reed and Sue will already be married with children.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them