Incredible Member

Default A History of Jon Kent

I'm trying to compile some information on this character. From what I'm told, his first appearance was in Superman: Convergence #1 in 2015, when Lois Lane gives birth.

1st) Was there any story previously told of when Lois became pregnant, or is this the first it was ever mentioned?

2nd) Reading about the story, it talks about a giant dome around Gotham City. What story does this come from? What should I read before this that sets up this plot point?

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

That's absolutely the beginning of the character, not connected to anything else before it. The Convergence event features two Superman tie in comics that handle his beginning, and then it continues with a miniseries called Lois & Clark

From there Jon enters the main line with Final Days of Superman and takes center stage both in Superman and Action Comics (2016} as well as Supersons.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

So, is the dome around Gotham part of the Convergence arc?

Also: Superman & Lois apparently had their child, then existed in the N52-verse for ten years, so John was 10, right?

When the New 52 started, it was stated that that version of Superman had been around for 5 years, so we were currently in year 6 of his career at the outset in 2011. So I assume Post-Crisis Superman was retroactively said to have entered the N52-verse in Year 1, giving them time to age up Jon to the 10 years old he was in 2015/16. Correct?
    Last edited by Slimybug; 11-16-2023 at 12:28 PM.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

According to the timeline in Lois and Clark, they'd arrived to New 52's Earth just before the JL first fought Darkseid, and Jon was an infant. I think that's kind of a continuity error related to other books though
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

Hey, thanks, man. That all helps a ton.

Astonishing Member

When post-Crisis Superman entered the New 52 universe (from the Convergence Dome), there was already a New 52 Superman, so post-Crisis Superman didn't let his presence be known. He still did superhero feats, but secretly, and no other supers were aware of his existence. This period of living on a farm in California allowed Clark and Lois to raise Jon from an infant to school-age in private, before he finally revealed himself to the other supers and replaced the New 52 Superman when that character flamed out. Those early years of Jon's life are covered in the Lois & Clark miniseries. (At least that's how I remember it, but I haven't re-read any of the comics since they were first published, so apologies if I got things mixed up.)