Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    We are witnessing the end of Randy+Janice.
    Does anyone care since we've spent less than a handful of pages with them over the course of their "romance?"

With the exception of the Spencer run, characterization in post OMD Spidey is merely plastic action figures being smushed together and then torn apart by the capricious hand of the author playing with the dolls.
    “I always figured if I were a superhero, there’s no way on God's earth that I'm gonna pal around with some teenager."

— Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Does anyone care since we've spent less than a handful of pages with them over the course of their "romance?"

With the exception of the Spencer run, characterization in post OMD Spidey is merely plastic action figures being smushed together and then torn apart by the capricious hand of the author playing with the dolls.
    we spend enough time with them considering their roles
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    we spend enough time with them considering their roles
    To be literal paper dolls we don't care about?

That's true!
    “I always figured if I were a superhero, there’s no way on God's earth that I'm gonna pal around with some teenager."

— Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    We are witnessing the end of Randy+Janice.
    Well, that early preview from the prologue "Gang War: First Strike" issue nailed at telling us that. As well as the covers for future ASM issues of the event that Janice is aiming to be at the top for the crime boss position.

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    To be literal paper dolls we don't care about?

That's true!
    just say yourself pretty sure there are people who care about the ship. who just dont visit these parts of the fandom
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    just say yourself pretty sure there are people who care about the ship. who just dont visit these parts of the fandom
    Personally, I really liked what I read of their relationship in Nick Spencer's ASM. And Wells having Randy and Janice get married was something that I could get excited about. But the story is mostly in stasis until ASM #31 where the wedding is ruined. Like he shows up to try on a suit in ASM #10 and we see him for like a panel in dead language. After that point we are mostly just told that Randy and Janice aren't working out. And they have some kind of argument in #34 that was just kind of whatever.

So like yeah, imo they are victims of ASMs larger problem of not really wanting to write side characters most of the time. They propped them up for an arc in the aftermath of blowing up PeterMJ (so cool, love when they do this) but really had no plans for them until it was time to blow up their relationship as well. (And they say spidey editorial hates weddings!)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moxxi517 View Post
    And they have some kind of argument in #34 that was just kind of whatever.
    I will at least say that their conflict in #38 is an extension of their conflict in #34. So I guess that's their dynamic now.

Quote Originally Posted by Konnik92 View Post
    Well, that early preview from the prologue "Gang War: First Strike" issue nailed at telling us that. As well as the covers for future ASM issues of the event that Janice is aiming to be at the top for the crime boss position.
    And in a terrible new costume. Yay .

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    A comedy relief character needs explaining? And it's not like he's in every issue.

Gang War is coming, so we will return to doom and gloom soon enough.
    I guess this three-issue story is a fun diversion between the whole “Spider Who Gobbles” saga before it and the Gang War after this.

“The Queen of Limbo always pays her debts.” Is Wells just trolling us at this point? Did he just forget about how she basically threw Ben away after he helped her so she could get the memories from Jean that she wanted. Ben even called her on how she didn’t help him over in Dark X-Men.

Fantastic Member

the rek-rap nonsense is over at last, now hopefully gang war will be good, well's has been pretty good at the street level stuff so far.
    DC: Action Comics, Batman, Batman/Superman, Batman and Robin, Batman Off World, Detective Comics, Flash, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, JG: Flash, JL vs. Godzilla, JSA, Nightwing, Shazam, Superman, Titans, Beast World

Marvel: Amazing Spider-Man, Fall of the House of X, Fantastic Four, Resurrection of Magneto, Spectacular Spider-Men, Ultimate Spider-Man, WolverineL Madripoor Knights, X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    “The Queen of Limbo always pays her debts.” Is Wells just trolling us at this point? Did he just forget about how she basically threw Ben away after he helped her so she could get the memories from Jean that she wanted. Ben even called her on how she didn’t help him over in Dark X-Men.
    She pays the debts that are convenient to her .

SPIDER-MAN: "His face...why didn't I notice it before?"
    ME: "Probably because the Collections Agent was such a nothingburger of a subplot virtually everyone wouldn't even know who he was, and literally everyone couldn't have cared less about him or what happened to him in Dark Web, Spidey. That and he was originally drawn by John Romita Jr whose faces don't look anything like McGuinnes' faces."

Also, I'm definitely not alone in thinking spoilers:
    Norman Osborn is already back as the Green Goblin and that he's the one who took out Count Nefaria and Silvermane at the end of this issue. The purple boots are a dead giveaway, after all.
    end of spoilers
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

Damn Rek-Rap shoudve stayed around for gang war he could’ve been a good unpredictable asset for the heroes lol

Quote Originally Posted by Man With No Name View Post
    Can someone explain the appeal of this Rek-Rap to me? It's like an unfunny joke that keeps being retold.
    I totally agree with this.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime