Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ImOctavius View Post
    And then he meets a Pauline.
    Can’t wait for MJ to get the Goblin Sins and become the Jackpot Who Gobbles.
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    Can’t wait for MJ to get the Goblin Sins and become the Jackpot Who Gobbles.
    Mary Jane possessed by Osborn's sins would be interesting and horrifying to see, especially given she's suffered as much at Osborn's hands as Peter has, in a manner of speaking. Gwen and Harry were her friends, too, after all, and Gwen's death along with Harry becoming the second Green Goblin (and later Kindred, if we count certain revelations at the end of Nick Spencer's ASM run) traumatized her as well as Peter. Not to mention, even if Marvel won't aside from that throwaway line in Marvel Knights Spider-Man #1-12 by Mark Millar, Osborn's machinations resulted in her losing her and Peter's baby at the end of the Clone Saga, so that's even more trauma for her, on top of how, in that same Marvel Knights saga, Osborn tried to repeat what he did to Gwen with her, just to spite and torment Peter even more. (To her credit, she did actually shoot him with a gun, and hit her mark, even though he was basically bulletproof thanks to some unholy combo of enhanced durability, Goblin armor, and accelerated healing.) In a nutshell, we are long overdue for a deep dive into MJ's psyche and how she really thinks and feels about everything she's been through.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Can someone explain the appeal of this Rek-Rap to me? It's like an unfunny joke that keeps being retold.

Quote Originally Posted by Man With No Name View Post
    Can someone explain the appeal of this Rek-Rap to me? It's like an unfunny joke that keeps being retold.
    hes just a bizarro version of Spider-man so a nice stupid character
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Even the other demons can't stand him . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

A comedy relief character needs explaining? And it's not like he's in every issue.

Gang War is coming, so we will return to doom and gloom soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    A comedy relief character needs explaining?
    Jar-Jar Binks was a comedy relief character and Jar-Jar Binks needs explaining.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    Jar-Jar Binks was a comedy relief character and Jar-Jar Binks needs explaining.
    If you say so.

Rek-Rap doesn't appear to be a complicated character. I can understand those that don't like him but not sure there is really much to explain.

Enjoy him while he's here; miss him when he's gone!

Spectacular Member

If you say so.

Rek-Rap doesn't appear to be a complicated character. I can understand those that don't like him but not sure there is really much to explain.

Enjoy him while he's here; miss him when he's gone!
    I mean comedy can be analyzed just like any other form of writing. I sure as hell can't do it. But for someone who is frustrated that a month or two of ASM is dominated by what are (to them) pretty unfunny jokes. Asking for some insight from people who like it as to how the jokes work / are appealing is actually really reasonable!

Keep Rek-Rap (really, change his name-- if he gets 616 earth publicity as "Rek Rap", somebody's going to figure out what his name in reverse spells.
    Call him Nam Redips ! I guess.. (blah).. better than Rek Rap, anyway. I'm tired of the goofy destructive pal trope. Too much bad comedy ruins the strip. Save him for the All-Ages specials aimed at younger kids.

Astonishing Member

As I’ve said about RekRap before, he’s a hodgepodge of other better ideas. He steals his look from Spidercide, his speech patterns from Yoda, and his gimmick from Bizarro Superman. I don’t get his appeal either, but hey whatever. Just like Paul, he’ll probably never appear again once this run finally ends.

A comedy relief character needs explaining? And it's not like he's in every issue.

Gang War is coming, so we will return to doom and gloom soon enough.
    Especially when you see the new Beetle costume. Yeesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Save him for the All-Ages specials aimed at younger kids.
    Younger kids deserve better. So do their parents who have to watch the stuff alongside them.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Keep Rek-Rap (really, change his name-- if he gets 616 earth publicity as "Rek Rap", somebody's going to figure out what his name in reverse spells.
    Call him Nam Redips ! I guess.. (blah).. better than Rek Rap, anyway. I'm tired of the goofy destructive pal trope. Too much bad comedy ruins the strip. Save him for the All-Ages specials aimed at younger kids.
    Change his name to Redrum
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Astonishing Member

Theyre trying so hard to make this character into a beloved lolrandom/meme type character and its so forced and lame. I felt my brain cells dying as I read the last issue.