Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Considering she’s writing Jubilee in the FCBD issue and posted a gif of Dazzler, I’d be down for an X-Terminators sequel by her. Expand the cast a little and the mission statement and it could be a hit.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I think she would be great on a mainline X-Men team but alternatively, based on her Secret Six run I wouldn't mind seeing her take on a new X-Force team.
    I'm still holding out hope for Deniz Camp on X-Force, but if he's not coming back to the X-line for the relaunch would take Gail in a heartbeat. She'd write a really fun book.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Considering she’s writing Jubilee in the FCBD issue and posted a gif of Dazzler, I’d be down for an X-Terminators sequel by her. Expand the cast a little and the mission statement and it could be a hit.
    I like this idea too.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I'm still holding out hope for Deniz Camp on X-Force, but if he's not coming back to the X-line for the relaunch would take Gail in a heartbeat. She'd write a really fun book.

I like this idea too.
    It sounds like Deniz Camp has been stolen away to do something Ultimate... I'm guessing it'll be a new Ultimates book. Depending on his availability, that wouldn't prevent Camp from also penning a new X-book but I have a feeling Brevoort might go with all new writers at least at the start of his tenure.

Simone on X-Terminators starring Jubilee and Dazzler would be tons of fun however her presence on the FCBD issue implies a certain importance and a bigger book perhaps? I think she's high-profile enough to write one of the core X-Men books, presumably alongside other and even bigger names. Now that this cat is out of the bag I'm hoping we get to hear some more about Brevoort's plans...

BANNED

Is the FCBD a Brevoort-led book?

If it is, I would not expect continuation of something that was canceled/limited under JDW.

I'm imagining whatever is happening with Jean/Phoenix won't last, as he is not a fan of Phoenix being on the X-Men. I wonder if he plans to keep Betsy as Captain Britain. It seems like people didn't take to that well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Is the FCBD a Brevoort-led book?

If it is, I would not expect continuation of something that was canceled/limited under JDW.

I'm imagining whatever is happening with Jean/Phoenix won't last, as he is not a fan of Phoenix being on the X-Men. I wonder if he plans to keep Betsy as Captain Britain. It seems like people didn't take to that well.
    I think it is because the main part of it is the Blood Hunt event by MacKay which Brevoort has been working on. So I can see him editing that story along with the Jubilee story as the transition is happening.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    It sounds like Deniz Camp has been stolen away to do something Ultimate... I'm guessing it'll be a new Ultimates book. Depending on his availability, that wouldn't prevent Camp from also penning a new X-book but I have a feeling Brevoort might go with all new writers at least at the start of his tenure.

Simone on X-Terminators starring Jubilee and Dazzler would be tons of fun however her presence on the FCBD issue implies a certain importance and a bigger book perhaps? I think she's high-profile enough to write one of the core X-Men books, presumably alongside other and even bigger names. Now that this cat is out of the bag I'm hoping we get to hear some more about Brevoort's plans...
    You're probably right. I'd love to see both Dazzler and Jubilee on one of the main teams then. Loved their banter in X-Terminators. Throw in Laura too. Boomer is also hilarious, but probably overkill to have her there too.

If you've read her BoP or Secret Six book, she would be perfect for X-Terminators .

Biggest plot twister: Gail Simone is writing a Cyclops solo.

She hasn't written a good book in 15 years. Hate this.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If you've read her BoP or Secret Six book, she would be perfect for X-Terminators .
    Or a fun, crazy, high octane take on X-Force with some of those characters... Dazzler, Laura and Boomer perhaps... plus Domino, Cable, Deadpool... a few others. Could be rowdy.

Never saw the appeal of this writer - overrated imo.

Tbh, I'm iffy. Her Domino was hot garbage, aside from some of the middle parts. It gave me a bad impression on her work. Maybe that was a rough patch in her career, or she improved since then.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

I loved her BOP & Secret Six, love to see her do a X-book especially if it has Warpath & Thunderbird as a part of a new Exiles book I am so in
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

I haven't enjoyed a single thing she has written since Secret Six so I wouldn't be thrilled if she is the flagship writer.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

I really doubt that we are getting only one main x-book under Brevoort so she could definitely be taking over ONE of the new books. I am sure we'll get Uncanny, adjectiveless, and a few satellite books.
    Last edited by Technopriest; 11-18-2023 at 10:20 PM.