Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Lightbulb Gail Simone is a new x-writer?!

Marvel updated the FCBD solicits and looks like Simone is writing the X-Men story so expect her to be on at least one of the new books I guess.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Default Gail Simone is writing X-Men for FCBD; potentially the new flagship writer

Marvel revealed the writers for its upcoming FCBD issue. The Blood Hunt / X-Men issue is written by Jed MacKay and Gail Simone. MacKay is writing Blood Hunt which means Simone is on X-Men. Based on how Marvel usually uses these issues, Simone is almost certainly on a big X-title for the new era, potentially even the flagship book.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...bd-titles-2024

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Yassss! I've been claiming for Gail to get an ongoing X-book for ages, I'm very much looking forward to whatever she'll be writing.

What has she been doing? I loved her Birds of Prey back in the day. Her recent Domino was not my favorite... but the art and the white hair streak hurt my interest.

Also Gail with the Orlando and Foxe could have potential.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

I've never really read her stuff, but I've heard good things. If she is indeed the main x-men writer I may at least check out the first couple of arcs.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    What has she been doing? I loved her Birds of Prey back in the day. Her recent Domino was not my favorite... but the art and the white hair streak hurt my interest.

She's been writing stuff here and there - did a Jessica Jones mini last year and has had a few one-shot stories since. Nothing super huge for the Big Two lately - she's one of those writers that sort of hit the ceiling of what kinds of titles the Big Two let women write, this would be the first chance she's ever had for a real flagship-tier book if she is on Uncanny / whatever the flagship is titled.

This is great, I love Simone! I'd love for her to write Beast next!
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

I really do hope she's the big writer of the next era ! With maybe Foxe, Lavalle and Ewing obviously.

Oooh this is exciting! I like that the article confirms the Jubilee story is a "prelude to the X-Men's new era." Gail is awesome!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    This is great, I love Simone! I'd love for her to write Beast next!
    If she could turn Catman from a joke to a badass, she should certainly be able to rescue Beast from what Percy has done to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    She's been writing stuff here and there - did a Jessica Jones mini last year and has had a few one-shot stories since. Nothing super huge for the Big Two lately - she's one of those writers that sort of hit the ceiling of what kinds of titles the Big Two let women write, this would be the first chance she's ever had for a real flagship-tier book if she is on Uncanny / whatever the flagship is titled.
    The Variants! That's right. I read that.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

*rolls out conspiracy board*

Could just be coincidental but in the last two weeks Gail Simone included the X-Men in some of her tweets/question of the day posts.

Nov 15: Posts a gif of the X-Men arcade game featuring Dazzler.

Nov 14: "We all know Cyclops is awesome. Please tell a reason why he is the greatest. Please use hashtag #CyclopsIsAwesomeBecause"

Nov 6: "Question of the day: who are your all-time favorite X-Men? They have to have been officially on the team at some point, being a mutant alone doesn’t qualify. Three only, any medium is fine. Go! Please use hashtag #MyTop3Xmen"

And yesterday she posted: "I am working on one of the most thrilling comics projects I’ve ever been part of with incredible collaborators and it’s like rainbows everywhere I look. I always enjoy making comics but this is special. Let’s be happy!"

Again, could just be coincidental but it's rather interesting.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Gail is a big fan of Rogue and Storm. I'm ready for a writer who let's the X-women shine together again.

Liked her on Birds of Prey and The Six back in the day. She was really good back then. I think she wrote Red Sonya after that.

No clue how she will do on the X-men these days though.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post

These are my exact thoughts. I tuned out of Domino completely when they gave her that white streak. I also tire of characters like her getting "My powers aren't working" stories.