Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Rogue actually debuted in an Avengers Annual. The lead story printed a shortened version of what should've been Ms. Marvel #25 (the book had been cancelled at #23). Claremont just took Rogue, Mystique and Carol over to X-Men after Ms. Marvel's cancellation. She's like Scarlet Witch in reverse - Wanda debuted in X-Men but is mostly an Avengers character. She does sometimes appear in X books. Likewise, Rogue debuted in Avengers, is mostly an X character, but still turns up in Avengers books.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I prefer the smaller characters, (though I like Thor , Cap, IM etc as well) . Sterns run was my favorite Avengers run, that introduced one of my favorite characters Monica Rambeau. It was Logans and Spidey's inclusion that drew me away.
    This guy gets it. With a few notable exceptions, Avengers generally hasn’t been as good since it became Marvel All-Stars when Bendis took over.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I can't say I am super familiar with her writing. I did pick up the 1st two issues of her Domino series but it was really not my thing so I dropped it. I've said it a few times on here that I would love McKay to have a shot in the X-Books, his Moon Knight has been stellar and so far his Avengers run has been a blast so maybe somewhere down the road Breevort will bring him over. I'd also like to see James Tynion IV take a crack at a team book. All his stuff has just been fantastic so far.
    Found this old interview of James talking about the two X-book issues he wrote back in 2014. His excitement about the franchise was so palpable. It'd really be a win if Marvel could get him on an ongoing X-book. https://www.cbr.com/tynion-shifts-th...-logan-legacy/
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 12-09-2023 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Rogue doesn't need her connection to the Avengers spelled out; she has been on multiple Avengers teams at this point.
    So is Logan and far more team ups and Avengers team books that actually creates more chemistry and history.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I wouldn't want her on the main avengers roster either. On a book like Uncanny Avengers, which is inherently a team-up book, that is fine.
    If you are asking for 'teamup' that goes along for more than 20 issues then I wouldnt call it a team up. Heck even Remember knows that these team book doesn't work, that is why there was schism within few issues in his first UA run
    Last edited by Keno; 12-09-2023 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Found this old interview of James talking about the two X-book issues he wrote back in 2014. His excitement about franchise was so palpable. It'd really be a win if Marvel could get him on an ongoing X-book. https://www.cbr.com/tynion-shifts-th...-logan-legacy/
    I feel like it would be hard to lure him back into Big Two comics after his experience with DC but maybe for X-Men...

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Found this old interview of James talking about the two X-book issues he wrote back in 2014. His excitement about franchise was so palpable. It'd really be a win if Marvel could get him on an ongoing X-book. https://www.cbr.com/tynion-shifts-th...-logan-legacy/
    I remember this interview and it's funny how that little (but very good) story from Amazing X-Men starring Anole, Northstar and Nightcrawler was penned by future Batman superstars Tynion and Jimenez.

Tynion is enjoying immense success with his creator-owned comics however he's shown to be willing to go back to corporate comics for projects/franchises he's passionate about, for example Sandman Universe: Nightmare Country. He would certainly be a huge "get" for Brevoort as one of the most successful writers working these days and one able to move the needle with his name. Most of his creator-owned books are limited series by the way so it probably wouldn't be impossible for him to take over an ongoing book...

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    If you are asking for 'teamup' that goes along for more than 20 issues then I wouldnt call it a team up. Heck even Remember knows that these team book doesn't work, that is why there was schism within few issues in his first UA run
    Except the premise itself is a "unity team" so it's not a regular Avengers branch in that respect. While typically symbolizing the X-Men and Avengers working together, it also does not shy away from including other groups such as Inhumans either.

As for how Remember felt about the team, well, his run and thoughts about it I don't think aligned very well with what it was touted as either way.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Except the premise itself is a "unity team" so it's not a regular Avengers branch in that respect. While typically symbolizing the X-Men and Avengers working together, it also does not shy away from including other groups such as Inhumans either.

As for how Remember felt about the team, well, his run and thoughts about it I don't think aligned very well with what it was touted as either way.
    Of course it isn't regular branch for either of them. That's exactly why this team up doesn't work because Avengers and X-Men represent different ideas and mottos. Thats where Remender did wrong and right at the same time about the idea of M word but simultaneously doing schism for the team.
    We all know Captain Krakoa is Hydra Steve Rogers but it didn't made much sense to me how he got aligned with Orchis. Because his sole purpose was serving Hydra. Of course there is mention of Orchis having 'Hydra agents' but i havent seen any known. I guess he only wanted to piss Cap lol

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’ll give it a look, but I’m not a fan of Gail’s Marvel work. Loved her BoP tho.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Of course it isn't regular branch for either of them. That's exactly why this team up doesn't work because Avengers and X-Men represent different ideas and mottos. Thats where Remender did wrong and right at the same time about the idea of M word but simultaneously doing schism for the team.
    We all know Captain Krakoa is Hydra Steve Rogers but it didn't made much sense to me how he got aligned with Orchis. Because his sole purpose was serving Hydra. Of course there is mention of Orchis having 'Hydra agents' but i havent seen any known. I guess he only wanted to piss Cap lol
    Orchis cloned him, and brought him back to life. I guess they insisted he work for them to return the favor.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Orchis cloned him, and brought him back to life. I guess they insisted he work for them to return the favor.
    Characters like him always have ulterior motives and ulterior 'endgame' to serve That's exactly what was shown during Secret Empire. I haven't seen any and it seems like he doesn't even care. He seems more like a mercenary every since he first appeared on FCBD issue
    Last edited by Keno; 12-11-2023 at 01:14 AM.

Characters like him always have ulterior motives and ulterior 'endgame' to serve That's exactly what was shown during Secret Empire. I haven't seen any and it seems like he doesn't even care. He seems more like a mercenary every since he first appeared on FCBD issue
    Wat? He absolutely has an ulterior motive. Spoiler scan from Uncanny Avengers #4: https://thumbs-us-east-1.myalbum.io/...451511d356.jpg
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Wat? He absolutely has an ulterior motive. Spoiler scan from Uncanny Avengers #4: https://thumbs-us-east-1.myalbum.io/...451511d356.jpg
    Why he wants to take down Orchis anyway? It seems vague. As a Hydra agent no one should get the benefit unless the agent says 'hail hydra' lmao.
    Last edited by Keno; 12-11-2023 at 08:56 AM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Five Ways That Gail Simone Has Actually Impacted the World of Comics

Very nice article by CBR, for a change (but the excellent Brian Cronin always delivers)