Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Gail Simone & Dave Marquez would be a perfect team for any X-title really. We can assume the Brevoort line is going to have around a dozen books at least so I would expect multiple flavours and teams to be spotlighted.

As a fan of Gail's work on Birds of Prey, Wonder Woman, Secret Six and Welcome to Tranquility (just to name a few), I'm very excited at the prospect of having her on an X-book. And Marquez's art is literally the highlight of any books he works on plus his style is perfectly suited for the X-Men. Win-win.

I love Simone but I have a feeling she isn’t the person in charge. Maybe she’ll get a book, but I doubt it’s Uncanny or anything similar to that. I just hope people don’t get upset if it turns out that the main books are going to someone else.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I’m optimistic. I’ve been saying I wanted a woman to write the flagship to have a fresher take on the team, so Simone is promising, even if her best work isn’t so recent.
    David Marquez is a perfect choice for a flagship X-team. He was wasted on Bendis.
    Whoa, I didn't realize Marquez was on the solicit. Where has that guy been the past few years?

I loved his art during Bendis.

I don't know if this is common knowledge anymore, but most of the bubbles in that second image are quotes from this forum lmao
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 11-17-2023 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Whoa, I didn't realize Marquez was on the solicit. Where has that guy been the past few years?

I loved his art during Bendis.

I don't know if this is common knowledge anymore, but most of the bubbles in that second image are quotes from this forum lmao
    I believe his last big book was Bendis’s Justice League.
    LOL I had no idea the quotes came from here. Love it.

As a Cyclops fan I'm going from full apathy towards the x-books to slightly worried.

I know she was mostly kidding about her dislike for Cyclops, but it would be a waste if she not sneak in some of those jokes in her x-book.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I meant moreso things she's written online about the X-Men, not directly writing X-men. Like where she's said she loves Storm & Rogue.
    It's mostly just been sprinkled throughout her Twitter. She talks a lot about comics in general there.

It is weird knowing how she likes and dislikes characters. I can’t say that hearing that she dislikes Gambit doesn’t affect me. It makes me worried.

It’s not that I don’t trust her to be a professional. I also think one of her strengths are her strong opinions. I just never expected to find myself as a reader on the wrong end of one of those.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    As a Cyclops fan I'm going from full apathy towards the x-books to slightly worried.
    You shouldn't.

The new editor is a Cyclops stan.

Astonishing Member

Oh Dazzler is definitely on her lineup, whatever book she's writing. That gif of arcade game Dazzler she posted and talking about her collaborators and 'rainbows everywhere she looks' - Gail loves word play in her tweets, I would not at all be shocked that she's literally describing art of Dazzler using her powers.

Hope this means better treatment for my favorite characters. This era has not been kind to them.

It's nice hearing Gail likes Rogue, just hope it's different from Duggan being a "fan" of the character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Oh Dazzler is definitely on her lineup, whatever book she's writing. That gif of arcade game Dazzler she posted and talking about her collaborators and 'rainbows everywhere she looks' - Gail loves word play in her tweets, I would not at all be shocked that she's literally describing art of Dazzler using her powers.
    Just posting what you're referencing for the class

Someone go make her hint if this is about X-Men.

Simone on the flagship would be kind of surprising, I love Simone but I would've expected a younger and more "blockbuster" writer, but I'd be interested in it.

It would definitely be more original than just having her come in and do a full female X-Team.
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Between X-Terminators and now Dead X-Men (with an Unlimited story here and there) it's been a solid few years for Dazzler.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Simone on the flagship would be kind of surprising, I love Simone but I would've expected a younger and more "blockbuster" writer, but I'd be interested in it.

It would definitely be more original than just having her come in and do a full female X-Team.

Between X-Terminators and now Dead X-Men (with an Unlimited story here and there) it's been a solid few years for Dazzler.
    Who is a blockbuster comic writer in today's world?

Put Hajime Isayama on the flagship

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She does team dynamics really well and she writes characters with great interiority which the X-men have been lacking big time. Currently they sound like DBZ characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Who is a blockbuster comic writer in today's world?

Put Hajime Isayama on the flagship
    Who?

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    She does team dynamics really well and she writes characters with great interiority which the X-men have been lacking big time. Currently they sound like DBZ characters.

Who?
    The creator of Attack on Titan.