Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    She does team dynamics really well and she writes characters with great interiority which the X-men have been lacking big time. Currently they sound like DBZ characters.

Who?
    I was being facetious. That is the Attack On Titan mangaka.

Astonishing Member

A general solid writer, but perhaps not what the X-men need for a flagship title.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I was being facetious. That is the Attack On Titan mangaka.
    Didn't the series ended in a way that left many fans (at least those in the west) highly dissatisfied?

Furthremore, while there was clearly a hype for Attack on Titan when the first season of the anime was released (to the point of Marvel making a Spiderman crossover with it), it also seems that this popularity quickly waned and the show never regained that kind of momentum.

Gail Simone's Uncanny X-Men?

we're so back

I've been re-reading Secret Six (please check it out if you never did), so this is an odd synergy. She would certainly do a good job, if this is true.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    A general solid writer, but perhaps not what the X-men need for a flagship title.

Didn't the series ended in a way that left many fans (at least those in the west) highly dissatisfied?

Furthremore, while there was clearly a hype for Attack on Titan when the first season of the anime was released (to the point of Marvel making a Spiderman crossover with it), it also seems that this popularity quickly waned and the show never regained that kind of momentum.
    I dunno, seemed like people were big into the series. As far as the ending, yes, it made people mad. Don't say how it ends though because I don't know how either version ends and I'm rewatching the anime. I'm assuming I will be mad though lol

Oh sweeeet sign me up for whatever this turns out to be. A cool all-female team hopefully.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Thunderbird View Post
    The creator of Attack on Titan.
    ah, thanks.

Hmm... what book would you guys like to see her on?
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Wonder if she will be a part of the next big launch or the interim (like how Rosenberg and others were on the books before Hickman took over)?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Definitely, more Agency X (LOL):

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    Wonder if she will be a part of the next big launch or the interim (like how Rosenberg and others were on the books before Hickman took over)?
    I can’t take any more transitional periods. We’ll have gotten a year of minis already. Nothing could be worse than something similar to the Rosenberg era.

Mighty Member

I hope she's writing Storm in some book if or when Ewing leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Simone on the flagship would be kind of surprising, I love Simone but I would've expected a younger and more "blockbuster" writer, but I'd be interested in it.

It would definitely be more original than just having her come in and do a full female X-Team.

Between X-Terminators and now Dead X-Men (with an Unlimited story here and there) it's been a solid few years for Dazzler.
    I think you and I are in agreement. Simone is a great writer but any pick who had their heyday in the 2000s is a boring and safe pick for the main book, and I’d be saying the same thing if it was Carey or Yost (although even worse with them because they’ve both done X-Men before).

Ultimately I think the big clincher in her potentially not getting the main book is that it makes more sense to put a younger writer on the title who’s currently having their moment as opposed to someone who, despite continuing to put out good work, is not at flagship level popularity anymore. Also, idk how much 90s nostalgia we’re in for with the cartoon coming back but it’s a really bad idea to put a writer on the books that doesn’t seem to care for the 90s or at least characters associated with the 90s. This ties back in with my first point, as a younger writer would have nostalgia for the 90s (I just hope they don’t go overboard with it).

Another reason it’ll likely be someone younger is that Marvel needs to rebuild their stable of talent. They lost a bunch of the Dawn of X group to DC, the group before that all went to DC (although Brisson is still somewhat around), Zdarsky’s last book is Avengers Twilight, Gillen’s leaving again after this era ends, hell they’re lucky Hickman and Ewing are still around. That’s why Lanzing and Kelly are doing the Timeless one-shot and Deniz Camp is getting involved in the Ultimate Universe. They need new talent, and more importantly, they need to keep new talent. What’s a good way to keep that new talent around? Give ‘em the X-Men and back away slowly.

Gail’s probably involved in the new line, which despite everything I just wrote I will read whatever she writes because she is a great writer (unless she fucks up Gambit, then it’s over), but she’s a better pick for a niche side book where she can use her name to drive sales for a title that might not do as well if say Steve Foxe (who I also love) was writing it.

My money is still on the Sentinel of Liberty creative team relaunching Uncanny X-Men. Lanzing and Kelly mentioned that they’re still working with Carmen Carnero on stuff and that Captain America book was well received enough that it makes the three of them a good creative team to market the book around and based on Star Trek and the first issue of Outsiders they’ve got the chops for a team like the X-Men. Also, you don’t move Carnero from Captain America to say New Warriors, you put her on something bigger. They all worked with Brevoort before so they’re in his rolodex. Idk we’ll see, Marvel could go crazy and give Tynion an entire bus filled with money to write X-Men but I doubt that would happen.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I think she would be great on a mainline X-Men team but alternatively, based on her Secret Six run I wouldn't mind seeing her take on a new X-Force team.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Simone on the flagship would be kind of surprising, but I would've expected a younger and more "blockbuster" writer, but I'd be interested in it.

It would definitely be more original than just having her come in and do a full female X-Team.
    Pretty much this. I don't know much about Simone but I like her Domino. I would rather want an all out female x-team than flagship from her.