Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 197
  1. #61
    Braddock Isle JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    16,721

    Default

    Considering she’s writing Jubilee in the FCBD issue and posted a gif of Dazzler, I’d be down for an X-Terminators sequel by her. Expand the cast a little and the mission statement and it could be a hit.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

  2. #62
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    13,830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I think she would be great on a mainline X-Men team but alternatively, based on her Secret Six run I wouldn't mind seeing her take on a new X-Force team.
    I'm still holding out hope for Deniz Camp on X-Force, but if he's not coming back to the X-line for the relaunch would take Gail in a heartbeat. She'd write a really fun book.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Considering she’s writing Jubilee in the FCBD issue and posted a gif of Dazzler, I’d be down for an X-Terminators sequel by her. Expand the cast a little and the mission statement and it could be a hit.
    I like this idea too.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

  3. #63
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Krakoa
    Posts
    5,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I'm still holding out hope for Deniz Camp on X-Force, but if he's not coming back to the X-line for the relaunch would take Gail in a heartbeat. She'd write a really fun book.



    I like this idea too.
    It sounds like Deniz Camp has been stolen away to do something Ultimate... I'm guessing it'll be a new Ultimates book. Depending on his availability, that wouldn't prevent Camp from also penning a new X-book but I have a feeling Brevoort might go with all new writers at least at the start of his tenure.

    Simone on X-Terminators starring Jubilee and Dazzler would be tons of fun however her presence on the FCBD issue implies a certain importance and a bigger book perhaps? I think she's high-profile enough to write one of the core X-Men books, presumably alongside other and even bigger names. Now that this cat is out of the bag I'm hoping we get to hear some more about Brevoort's plans...

  4. #64
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    4,017

    Default

    Is the FCBD a Brevoort-led book?

    If it is, I would not expect continuation of something that was canceled/limited under JDW.

    I'm imagining whatever is happening with Jean/Phoenix won't last, as he is not a fan of Phoenix being on the X-Men. I wonder if he plans to keep Betsy as Captain Britain. It seems like people didn't take to that well.

  5. #65
    Braddock Isle JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    16,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Is the FCBD a Brevoort-led book?

    If it is, I would not expect continuation of something that was canceled/limited under JDW.

    I'm imagining whatever is happening with Jean/Phoenix won't last, as he is not a fan of Phoenix being on the X-Men. I wonder if he plans to keep Betsy as Captain Britain. It seems like people didn't take to that well.
    I think it is because the main part of it is the Blood Hunt event by MacKay which Brevoort has been working on. So I can see him editing that story along with the Jubilee story as the transition is happening.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

  6. #66
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    13,830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    It sounds like Deniz Camp has been stolen away to do something Ultimate... I'm guessing it'll be a new Ultimates book. Depending on his availability, that wouldn't prevent Camp from also penning a new X-book but I have a feeling Brevoort might go with all new writers at least at the start of his tenure.

    Simone on X-Terminators starring Jubilee and Dazzler would be tons of fun however her presence on the FCBD issue implies a certain importance and a bigger book perhaps? I think she's high-profile enough to write one of the core X-Men books, presumably alongside other and even bigger names. Now that this cat is out of the bag I'm hoping we get to hear some more about Brevoort's plans...
    You're probably right. I'd love to see both Dazzler and Jubilee on one of the main teams then. Loved their banter in X-Terminators. Throw in Laura too. Boomer is also hilarious, but probably overkill to have her there too.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

  7. #67
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    114,075

    Default

    If you've read her BoP or Secret Six book, she would be perfect for X-Terminators .

  8. #68
    Astonishing Member Ra-El's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    2,445

    Default

    Biggest plot twister: Gail Simone is writing a Cyclops solo.

  9. #69
    Fantastic Member BESTXMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    354

    Default

    She hasn't written a good book in 15 years. Hate this.

  10. #70
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    13,830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If you've read her BoP or Secret Six book, she would be perfect for X-Terminators .
    Or a fun, crazy, high octane take on X-Force with some of those characters... Dazzler, Laura and Boomer perhaps... plus Domino, Cable, Deadpool... a few others. Could be rowdy.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

  11. #71
    Spectacular Member Magnetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Never saw the appeal of this writer - overrated imo.

  12. #72
    Julian Keller Supremacy Rift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    Hellionsville, Canada
    Posts
    3,210

    Default

    Tbh, I'm iffy. Her Domino was hot garbage, aside from some of the middle parts. It gave me a bad impression on her work. Maybe that was a rough patch in her career, or she improved since then.
    2023: The Year of Hellion

  13. #73
    Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Avalon & Belfast N. Ireland
    Posts
    808

    Default

    I loved her BOP & Secret Six, love to see her do a X-book especially if it has Warpath & Thunderbird as a part of a new Exiles book I am so in
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

  14. #74
    Astonishing Member Steroid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    3,500

    Default

    I haven't enjoyed a single thing she has written since Secret Six so I wouldn't be thrilled if she is the flagship writer.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

  15. #75
    Incredible Member Technopriest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    969

    Default

    I really doubt that we are getting only one main x-book under Brevoort so she could definitely be taking over ONE of the new books. I am sure we'll get Uncanny, adjectiveless, and a few satellite books.
    Last edited by Technopriest; 11-18-2023 at 10:20 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •