Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

I can't say I am super familiar with her writing. I did pick up the 1st two issues of her Domino series but it was really not my thing so I dropped it. I've said it a few times on here that I would love McKay to have a shot in the X-Books, his Moon Knight has been stellar and so far his Avengers run has been a blast so maybe somewhere down the road Breevort will bring him over. I'd also like to see James Tynion IV take a crack at a team book. All his stuff has just been fantastic so far.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Lol what is this marvel is really living in the past. Is it really that difficult to get a star writer for you flagship. Like tynion, tom king, hell drop a bag an get scott snyder. They are enough writers like brian k. Vaughn out there and hickman already showed if the money is good they will come to marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_fury View Post
    Lol what is this marvel is really living in the past. Is it really that difficult to get a star writer for you flagship. Like tynion, tom king, hell drop a bag an get scott snyder. They are enough writers like brian k. Vaughn out there and hickman already showed if the money is good they will come to marvel.
    In what universe is Simone not a star writer? And if hiring Simone is living in the past, what would you call bringing in the likes of Brian K. Vaughan who hasn't written for Marvel since 2007?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    In what universe is Simone not a star writer? And if hiring Simone is living in the past, what would you call bringing in the likes of Brian K. Vaughan who hasn't written for Marvel since 2007?
    When has Simone ever written a flagship book for the big two or written anything as good as saga or paper girls??

When has Simone ever written a flagship book for the big two or written anything as good as saga or paper girls??
    She wrote Wonder Woman from 2007 to 2010.

As far as writing anything as good as Saga or Paper Girls, we are talking about the woman whose runs on Birds of Prey and Secret Six is counted among DC's best content of the 90s and 2000s. She has more than earned a chance on an X-Men book.

You are not doing yourself any favors with mentioning Brian K Vaughan. He has Saga and most comics fans knows this. While much of this thread has been people wondering what Gail has been up to since Secret Six. This is not a comment on the quailty of either of them, just their general profile. Vaughan has kept a high profile while Simone hasn't.

Personally I think Simone edges out Vaughan just a tad when it comes to my own tastes. I haven't read Saga though and I haven't read anything from Gail since her follow up to Secret Six. A follow up that didn't capture the great chemistry she had in the first run. A very lackluster follow up sadly.

She wrote Wonder Woman from 2007 to 2010.

As far as writing anything as good as Saga or Paper Girls, we are talking about the woman whose runs on Birds of Prey and Secret Six is counted among DC's best content of the 90s and 2000s. She has more than earned a chance on an X-Men book.
    If that's her resume then that does not do her any more favours of give her such big title. Because in terms of writing a Wonder Woman book and an X-Men book, X-Men are up and above by a lot. I doubt Diana has more than one book either most of the time. So that's not a high profile run even if as a character she is iconic. Accordingly Simone might not deserve more than a x-women team up book rather than such a big title as this.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    You are not doing yourself any favors with mentioning Brian K Vaughan.
    I wasn't the one who brought him up.

He has Saga and most comics fans knows this. While much of this thread has been people wondering what Gail has been up to since Secret Six. This is not a comment on the quailty of either of them, just their general profile. Vaughan has kept a high profile while Simone hasn't.
    We are talking about the quality of their work, not their profiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    If that's her resume then that does not do her any more favours of give her such big title. Because in terms of writing a Wonder Woman book and an X-Men book, X-Men are up and above by a lot. I doubt Diana has more than one book either most of the time. So that's not a high profile run even if as a character she is iconic. Accordingly Simone might not deserve more than a x-women team up book rather than such a big title as this.
    The X-Men are much more popular than any character Vaughan has written but that didn't stop the user I responded to from mentioning him. By their logic, writing the Fantastic Four should have prevented Hickman from getting the Avengers (who were nowhere near as popular as the X-Men until recently) and the X-Men.

Simone is one of the most well-known and celebrated female comic book writers of all time here, not someone who only started working at Marvel yesterday. And she already has experience writing X-Men characters.

The X-Men are much more popular than any character Vaughan has written but that didn't stop the user I responded to from mentioning him. By their logic, writing the Fantastic Four should have prevented Hickman from getting the Avengers (who were nowhere near as popular as the X-Men until recently) and the X-Men.

Simone is one of the most well-known and celebrated female comic book writers of all time here, not someone who only started working at Marvel yesterday. And she already has experience writing X-Men characters.
    Vaughn has already written X-Men, quite a bit more than Simone has. Also Vaughn's writing is much better than Simone according to the masses, obviously personal tastes may vary, but the guy has better selling books and more acclaimed books and even got a TV show for one of his books.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I don't think it's an either-or situation - there's going to be a gazillion X-titles under Brevoort and more than enough room for Gail Simone AND Brian Vaughn, James Tynion, Scott Snyder or whoever Marvel will open their wallet for.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I don't think it's an either-or situation - there's going to be a gazillion X-titles under Brevoort and more than enough room for Gail Simone AND Brian Vaughn, James Tynion, Scott Snyder or whoever Marvel will open their wallet for.
    Oh for sure this is correct. Money talks.

I wasn't the one who brought him up.
    No but you mentioned him. You compared him to Simone.

We are talking about the quality of their work, not their profiles.
    Nah you were doing both. A star writer can’t rest on laurels from decades ago. Vaughan is and was a star writer. Saga is keeping his profile visible and his star shining. Simone has not achieved that. For whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    No but you mentioned him. You compared him to Simone.
    No I didn't.

Nah you were doing both. A star writer can’t rest on laurels from decades ago.
    And yet, you're using a story Vaughan has been writing since 2012 as a mark in his favor.

Vaughan is and was a star writer. Saga is keeping his profile visible and his star shining. Simone has not achieved that. For whatever reason.
    Simone hasn't stopped producing critically acclaimed work just because you haven't read anything she's written since Secret Six.

What critical acclaimed work did Simone do?