Extraordinary Member

Default Catwoman #59 Preview

Catwoman #59 Preview
    Writer: Tini Howard
    Artist: Stefano Raffaele

So it actually is the 90's suit, except without the long hair it just...doesn't look right.

And I just don't think this was the right art to bring it back. Not compared to Jiminez or Janin drawing it.

Spectacular Member 9AlphaOmega1's Avatar

After the Batman and Catwoman crossover: Gotham War, it really was just setting up both characters story lines, oh well.

All I can hope, they do end up together, because I'm team catxbat.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So it actually is the 90's suit, except without the long hair it just...doesn't look right.

And I just don't think this was the right art to bring it back. Not compared to Jiminez or Janin drawing it.
    I feel not having the long hair makes sense.

Why would a thief go around risk leaving her hair around the crime scenes! Plus, long flowing hair would just get in the way of her sneaking maneuvers, like suppose she is moving through laser grids and her hair trips the alarm.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    I feel not having the long hair makes sense.

Why would a thief go around risk leaving her hair around the crime scenes! Plus, long flowing hair would just get in the way of her sneaking maneuvers, like suppose she is moving through laser grids and her hair trips the alarm.
    She did it for years though. This is comics, practicality can be left out the door .

If they didn't want the long hair they shouldn't have brought back a costume known for long hair.

Extraordinary Member

And why would a thief go around in an eye catching purple suit, either? Or (since artists tend to be unable to help themselves) high heels?

I still like the idea that her purple costume is her showing off, so longer hair would fit with that.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    And why would a thief go around in an eye catching purple suit, either? Or (since artists tend to be unable to help themselves) high heels?

I still like the idea that her purple costume is her showing off, so longer hair would fit with that.
    Oh yeah, they're still drawing the boots with heels .

Spectacular Member 9AlphaOmega1's Avatar

Read the issue, I would recommend this issue if you are a Catwoman fan and want to read about Catwoman and her adventures and not so connect to the Batman world. Will they bring Catwoman back to deal the fallout of Gotham war, probably, eventually, but for me, no rush.

Extraordinary Member

I hope this suit (and especially those awful boots) doesn't stick around for too long. The '90s belong exactly where we left them.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I hope this suit (and especially those awful boots) doesn't stick around for too long. The '90s belong exactly where we left them.
    Or at least get a better artist to draw it.

Fantastic Member

I read the issue and liked it for the most part. I think the villain was interesting, and I think could be a lasting member for Catwoman's Rogues.