Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Nightwing #108 Preview

Nightwing #108 Preview
    Writer: Tom Taylor
    Artist: Stephen Byrne
    Backup Writer: Michael W. Conrad
    Backup Artist: Serg Acuna

Bryne does their best Redondo impression and it's...lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Bryne does their best Redondo impression and it's...lacking.
    Ya, i kind of wish they just had him do his own thing.

Spectacular Member 9AlphaOmega1's Avatar

Just realized what is the point of Dick being on a boat beside of having a pirate adventure and him showing his chest again.

Yeah, this issue was okay i guess. I was expecting more of a pirate adventure in this arc, but this story is more about them on a boat.
    The Hold is a cool mythology for the city, tho. I'm still interested in what is on Dick's vault, but other than that, the story is kinda forgettable.

The art is also okay.

The back-up story is all over the place and i really don't care about it.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Yeah, this issue was okay i guess. I was expecting more of a pirate adventure in this arc, but this story is more about them on a boat.
    The Hold is a cool mythology for the city, tho. I'm still interested in what is on Dick's vault, but other than that, the story is kinda forgettable.

The art is also okay.

The back-up story is all over the place and i really don't care about it.
    I feel like Seeley would've made this more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like Seeley would've made this more fun.
    Well, Seeley was at his best when Nightwing wasn't in Bludhaven, while i think Taylor is the opposite.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Well, Seeley was at his best when Nightwing wasn't in Bludhaven, while i think Taylor is the opposite.
    Yeah, but pirates? Seeley would've been all over that .

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Yeah this doesn't really have as much pirate adventures as advertised. It all feels like a slog overall.

"Anti-Atlantean defenses" pfffft yeah sure like you guys can protect yourselves from an Atlantis attack. Those recreations of Manta and Orm's helmets is the definition of try-hard alright.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 11-21-2023 at 02:16 PM.

Taylor isn't even trying anymore. It's impressive how it comes with a "pirate adventures" plot and can't do anything with it. Not to mention the dialogue in this issue is horrible, Bea is another character, and not a better one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Yeah this doesn't really have as much pirate adventures as advertised. It all feels like a slog overall.

"Anti-Atlantean defenses" pfffft yeah sure like you guys can protect yourselves from an Atlantis attack. Those recreations of Manta and Orm's helmets is the definition of try-hard alright.
    I'm sure they think they can take Amazons too (and under Taylor's pen probably could) .

The helmets reminded me of how Taylor had all the X-Men in X-Men Red wear Magneto helmets which...yeah.

Spectacular Member 9AlphaOmega1's Avatar

The back up, I've enjoyed and hope for more, the style is similar to web comic or paper strip comic. I want more stories similar to the Batfamily adventures.

I was kind of frustrated with Dick having to explain himself for ditching her. Rather then have to work with Jurgen's nonsense, all Dick had to say was lady i didn't know you, and you didn't know me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I was kind of frustrated with Dick having to explain himself for ditching her. Rather then have to work with Jurgen's nonsense, all Dick had to say was lady i didn't know you, and you didn't know me.
    Too bad she wasn’t originally fleshed out before. Since now she has no excuse for not telling him about this side of herself after his secret was revealed. Thus her secret keeping is what ruined the relationship.

Did not care for the literal cliffhanger, it’s not 2010 you can’t kill off a lady like that much less one of color. So when she emerges to fight her brother won’t really be a suprise. Still want to know what is in Dicks vault. If Bea can return then hopefully Malcolm can too.

Extraordinary Member

What do think of the Dick only being able to do all his social projects, because Bea used her influence behind the scene.

Isn't that kind of undermining what Dick has done.