Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

She's a lying pirate. Where was this influence before.

Why do we care about Bea again?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Why do we care about Bea again?
    She's a cool character, a good thing in a bad moment for Nightwing and since the only good thing to say about Tom Taylor is that he's better than Ric Grayson, he wants to ruin that too.

LoL, ya. Wouldn't want him to ruin Ric.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    She's a cool character, a good thing in a bad moment for Nightwing and since the only good thing to say about Tom Taylor is that he's better than Ric Grayson, he wants to ruin that too.
    Yeah, i'm sure the guy that is making one of the most successful Nightwing runs is plotting to ruin Bea, of all characters, just cause you don't like his book.
    Last edited by Drako; 11-22-2023 at 01:34 PM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I did see a pretty good critique of this arc is that making Bea a pirate queen does take away from her simply being a regular civilian who is trying to help.

By doing a thing where she's actually super influential superperson and using her pirate stuff to make changes in the city, it just makes her another extraordinary person because only extraordinary people can make any sort of difference in this city.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I did see a pretty good critique of this arc is that making Bea a pirate queen does take away from her simply being a regular civilian who is trying to help.

By doing a thing where she's actually super influential superperson and using her pirate stuff to make changes in the city, it just makes her another extraordinary person because only extraordinary people can make any sort of difference in this city.
    That is fair, actually. Maybe i just don't care cause she was a minor character and it's not really important to the Nightwing mythos.

Well, i could live in a world where everything that had to do with Ric Grayson was forgotten.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

What does it matter if it takes away from her simply being a regular civilian who is trying to help, she wasn’t actually helpful, and is only now claiming to be helpful. Plus no one is here for regular people.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-22-2023 at 02:41 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    That is fair, actually. Maybe i just don't care cause she was a minor character and it's not really important to the Nightwing mythos.

Well, i could live in a world where everything that had to do with Ric Grayson was forgotten.
    Yeah I don't care about Bea either, but I found it interesting to mention cause it does make some sense when put that way.

I think my issue with making Bea a pirate queen is like, so is Dick going to be going on more nautical adventures? Does Dick even going on sea-faring adventures a lot? Cause it feels like a niche that won't be used much. If it was for a seafaring character like Aquaman it would make sense, but Dick isn't really a water guy.

Yeah I don't care about Bea either, but I found it interesting to mention cause it does make some sense when put that way.

I think my issue with making Bea a pirate queen is like, so is Dick going to be going on more nautical adventures? Does Dick even going on sea-faring adventures a lot? Cause it feels like a niche that won't be used much. If it was for a seafaring character like Aquaman it would make sense, but Dick isn't really a water guy.
    Bludhaven’s history is that of a whaling town. It’s a port city.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-22-2023 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    What does it matter if it takes away from her simply being a regular civilian who is trying to help, she wasn’t actually helpful, and is only now claiming to be helpful. Plus no one is here for regular people.
    I love me good civilian characters.

Emphasis on "good."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    What do think of the Dick only being able to do all his social projects, because Bea used her influence behind the scene.

Isn't that kind of undermining what Dick has done.
    No she just venting cuz she still mad. Sure helped him along the way, but he still had to do everything else he did like clean out the bad cops and take down blockbuster. It’s not like she was capable of changing Bludhaven on her own she did what she could.

It opens more niches for him to go into. Or we should just leave everything that has water to Aquaman?

My issue with this arc is that It could be a fun pirate adventure, with Nightwing doing some pirates of the caribbean ****, but it's not, he became just Nightwing on a boat. We didn't even see another pirate ship.

Hell, Spy X Family did a awesome arc about them in a cruise that had a lot more action than this.

But it only has one more issue to go and, like i said, i'm only interested in what is in his vault now.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    It opens more niches for him to go into. Or we should just leave everything that has water to Aquaman?

My issue with this arc is that It could be a fun pirate adventure, with Nightwing doing some pirates of the caribbean ****, but it's not, he became just Nightwing on a boat. We didn't even see another pirate ship.

Hell, Spy X Family did a awesome arc about them in a cruise that had a lot more action than this.

But it only has one more issue to go and, like i said, i'm only interested in what is in his vault now.
    Dang, I wish Taylor could write like SpyxFamily .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I love me good civilian characters.

Emphasis on "good."
    So how many books a month about civilians doing charity do you buy a month?
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-22-2023 at 09:03 PM.