Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Justice Society of America #7 Preview

Justice Society of America #7 Preview
    Writer: Geoff Johns
    Artist: Marco Santucci

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

This looks nothing short of AMAZING! I'm really looking forward to this issue!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Why do we need Batman with the Justice Society of America?
    Where's Jade? Didn't she have a connection with Solomon Grundy in the past?

And what's going on with "Harlequin's Son"?
    How old was he when he was part of the Justice Society of America twenty-six years from now?

How old is he in the "present day"?

And how old was his mother when he was born?

Astonishing Member

Book looks incredible I hope it can hold up the quality once Johns is gone. I wish he would stay on it indefinitely.

At this point this book feels more about Batman, Huntress, and Johns' new OC's than the actual JSA.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At this point this book feels more about Batman, Huntress, and Johns' new OC's than the actual JSA.
    That's an easy conclusion to come to, as that's the case. I can totally get behind the emphasis on Helena Wayne being the actual daughter of Batman returning to the JSA being a brobdingnagian part of the first arc. I also get Batman sells books. I don't like it as much, but I understand. The new sidekicks that were seemingly designed to be Stargirl's backup singers do a lot to water down the JSA without presenting their own characters yet. Sure, they should get some play, but the team itself relies on the personalities of jay, Alan, Ted, Kent, even Khalid and Karen (I ain't going Paige, yet. Marvel's Black Leopard only lasted one issue.)

This reminds me a lot of the All New X-Men. Little connection to the old cast, with new characters taking the team name. Will it be X-Men, or JLDetroit? I really dislike a major change here as the JSA has legacy and old characters as their thing. I'm also not sure what i happening with the writing chores. How much Johns is there? Who's taking over? Will DC be even continuing the book?

Ah, I'll read the issue and see what I think when I get the whole story. The JSA has been a $#!+load of questions for years and not in a good "Wow, I can't wait to see what happens next!" but a "WTF is going on?" way.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Why do we need Batman with the Justice Society of America?
    Where's Jade? Didn't she have a connection with Solomon Grundy in the past?

And what's going on with "Harlequin's Son"?
    How old was he when he was part of the Justice Society of America twenty-six years from now?

How old is he in the "present day"?

And how old was his mother when he was born?
    Since Molly had no powers and Alan isn't Michael's father, he shouldn't have a longer than normal lifespan. So I feel like time displacement is in play here. Which frankly most of Infinity Inc needs anyway else they should all be much older than they are.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Great addittion to DC Universr..feel vibes of Rorschach in him.

Extraordinary Member

Slaughter Swamp is right outside of Gotham City. So I understand him being there for that and Grundy as we get more dialogue between him and Huntress. It’s not like we didn’t have Kingdom Come Superman in the last volume, and then main Superman and Lois guest starred in the comic to talk to him. Remember that?

With Helena tracking down her future teammates in the present day, I wonder if we’ll see Jack Knight and little Kyle?
    Last edited by Will Evans; 11-18-2023 at 06:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Slaughter Swamp is right outside of Gotham City. So I understand him being there for that and Grundy as we get more dialogue between him and Huntress. It’s not like we didn’t have Kingdom Come Superman in the last volume, and then main Superman and Lois guest starred in the comic to talk to him. Remember that?

With Helena tracking down her future teammates in the present day, I wonder if we’ll see Jack Knight and little Kyle?
    I get it, but it just doesn't feel very JSA here. We've barely gotten time with the actual team as is and now we're focusing on Helena trying to recreate her future team or them bouncing off new sidekicks?

I get it, but it just doesn't feel very JSA here. We've barely gotten time with the actual team as is and now we're focusing on Helena trying to recreate her future team or them bouncing off new sidekicks?
    I hadn't read the preview as I knew I was getting the book this week, but recreating the future team seems like a really bizarre idea. "Oh, yeah, in 25 years or so, we're all gonna be teammates..." Sure, a comic booky reason why this action is needed can certainly be created, but you're right, this isn't anywhere near the traditional JSA team. The one thought I have is the time this was marketed as a 12 issue mini series. All this Johns stuff may be this 12 issue arc stuff and hopefully leaving the end of 12 to be the gateway to the "we're back after nu52" series.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Since Molly had no powers and Alan isn't Michael's father, he shouldn't have a longer than normal lifespan. So I feel like time displacement is in play here. Which frankly most of Infinity Inc needs anyway else they should all be much older than they are.
    But we also have had Johns cramming the JSA's past into their actual publication dates
    so, how would that impact the history of Infinity Inc.?
    Star-Spangled Kid was involved in forming the original Infinity Inc. group, and Johns has confirmed he was around in 1976 (after being rescued from 50,000 years in the past by the JSA and . . . the Justice League of America?). So how would all that work out? Star-Spangled Kid (and Power Girl) did not go to fight the unending Ragnarök with the other members of the Justice Society of America at the end of Last Days, so there's no good time shift for Star-Spengled Kid at that point in time.

Helena just recently became a part of the present-day team, but she's already trying to take control of it . . . seems like she's on her way to becoming a Bat-Bitch (like father, like daughter, I guess).

Johns has created so many continuity issues with this new run, that the next one will probably have to be similar to WW’s “The Lies” and wipe a lot of it clean.
    Bringing Earth-2’s 70s history to the main Earth is one of the dumbest ideas ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Johns has created so many continuity issues with this new run, that the next one will probably have to be similar to WW’s “The Lies” and wipe a lot of it clean.
    Bringing Earth-2’s 70s history to the main Earth is one of the dumbest ideas ever.
    The only dumb thing about that was giving it the specific time stamp of "1976", which was already 46 years ago when The New Golden Age one-shot was published.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    The only dumb thing about that was giving it the specific time stamp of "1976", which was already 46 years ago when The New Golden Age one-shot was published.
    Yeah, I’m not even counting that scene as 1976. Just say it was so and so years ago.