Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

“Once the world sees you as a monster, they’ll never be able to see anything else”

Is Johns being a tad meta about his fall from Grace with DC’s fandom there?

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    “Once the world sees you as a monster, they’ll never be able to see anything else”

Is Johns being a tad meta about his fall from Grace with DC’s fandom there?
    I don't know if he'd get that on the nose about himself .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know if he'd get that on the nose about himself .
    I don’t know about that. He showed that he had far more self-awareness than Whedon about the whole thing (in at least so much as shutting up and letting WB/PR spokesmen do the talking etc), and it was almost certainly a factor in his permanent departure to Image.

While the delays were almost certainly self-inflicted, some of his Manhattan stuff in the later Doomsday Clock does seem to express a certain amount of frustration with how his career had more or less yanked by that point

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I don’t know about that. He showed that he had far more self-awareness than Whedon about the whole thing (in at least so much as shutting up and letting WB/PR spokesmen do the talking etc), and it was almost certainly a factor in his permanent departure to Image.

While the delays were almost certainly self-inflicted, some of his Manhattan stuff in the later Doomsday Clock does seem to express a certain amount of frustration with how his career had more or less yanked by that point
    Honestly thats probably his fault since he decided to take up an executive position. And when he decided to write again, he clearly couldn't manage his executive responsibilities and lead to delays.

Like he got successful and he can do what he wants with it, but **** happens when you decide to make yourself a boss.

Well now we know that he's been trying to set up his own imprint. It seems like DC/WB wasn't biting so he went independent.

I know Salem the Witch Girl will be related to Wotan but can't she take over from Khalid please!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Kent Nelson View Post
    I know Salem the Witch Girl will be related to Wotan but can't she take over from Khalid please!
    Lol…no. If anything she’s the only Lost Child on the path to become a villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Kent Nelson View Post
    Seriously?

She's the whiniest, most annoying of the "Lost Children" and needs to be banished into limbo, never-ever to be heard or seen again!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Seriously?

She's the whiniest, most annoying of the "Lost Children" and needs to be banished into limbo, never-ever to be heard or seen again!
    Yeah, Salem is kinda the worst character among the Lost Children, I can't find anything interesting about her design nor her personality nor her background. Even her broom with no lines is more charismatic than her.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I don't have a problem with Batman being around because:

1.) He's interacting with his daughter Helena.

2.) The JSA is in Gotham.

3.) They're fighting Solomon Grundy who Batman has fought solo.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

If this leads to Grundy joining the JSA I’d be very happy. He obviously joins in the future according to this story. I love the idea of the team having its own “hulk”.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    If this leads to Grundy joining the JSA I’d be very happy. He obviously joins in the future according to this story. I love the idea of the team having its own “hulk”.
    The original Golden Age superhero team copying from a Marvel Silver Age team makes so much sense . . . NOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Yeah, Salem is kinda the worst character among the Lost Children, I can't find anything interesting about her design nor her personality nor her background. Even her broom with no lines is more charismatic than her.
    Corky Baxter says "Hi".

About Salem, though, I hate her but spoiled whiny hero becoming a villain seems like a trope we really don't see as much as we could.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Was the development about Grundy having different personalities in each iteration as shown in Robinson's Starman still a thing? If so getting a Grundy with an earlier (and probably nastier) version seem even odder.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Amusingly I can imagine her to be most popular of the new additions purely because people like cute witch girls.

A decent design especially for a female character can go a long way for some people.