Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    That could be anyone, Even the clone from RYV
    Nevermind. Now that I look back at it...is that spoilers:
    Mayday?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 11-28-2023 at 07:35 AM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Spectacular Member 9AlphaOmega1's Avatar

Just read it, just the first part, I doubt RYV MJ will meet 616 Peter, but I am okay with it, if they do not meet. I was confused with the narration at first it was 616 Peter than other person narration.

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

Damn it seems like 616 Peter might not even travel to the RYV universe it kinda leaves him on a depressing note

Basically it sets up the story with 616 Peter reminiscing when he saw the RYV Spider-fam during Spidergeddon, and that it sucks that he knows there’s a world out there where everything went how it should have gone. And then it ends with Peter saying “I bet im a great dad” before switching to RYV Peters perspective it’s kinda really sad honestly lol 616 Pete has basically been through more than most every other Peter and is still trucking along

Kind of reminds me of when Peter B Parker visits earth 1610 in ITSV and is in awe at how much better that Peter’s life was, it’s kinda sadder cause it seems like our 616 Peter wants to be a dad
    Last edited by Crazyspideyfan; 11-28-2023 at 08:32 PM.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyspideyfan View Post
    Basically it sets up the story with 616 Peter reminiscing when he saw the RYV Spider-fam during Spidergeddon, and that it sucks that he knows there’s a world out there where everything went how it should have gone. And then it ends with Peter saying “I bet im a great dad” before switching to RYV Peters perspective it’s kinda really sad honestly lol 616 Pete has basically been through more than most every other Peter and is still trucking along

Kind of reminds me of when Peter B Parker visits earth 1610 in ITSV and is in awe at how much better that Peter’s life was, it’s kinda sadder cause it seems like our 616 Peter wants to be a dad
    Seems? He always has and almost was, but...well...

Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 11-28-2023 at 09:23 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Seems? He always has and almost was, but...well...

Yup I thought about this moment right after posting lol, 616 Peter has wanted to be a dad for a while

Yup I thought about this moment right after posting lol, 616 Peter has wanted to be a dad for a while

Still does. Perhaps one day.
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post

I really loved Spencer’s run Peter getting ready to propose at the beginning of Sinister War issue 1 never really got picked up on, wonder if that’s coming back eventually. I don’t even care about OMD being undone at this point I just want Peter and MJ to regain their memories of how things originally went, and then progress the characters from there with the two separate sets of memories rolling around. Also if I remember correctly OMIT made MJ not want to ever have kids, although the abduction of the baby still would have happened after even in the rewritten timeline since the big thing that changed was Peter and MJ not being married, everything still happened the same way. I think the best way to start a storyline following up on everything would be to bring back the baby if it is still alive, and go on from there to make a really interesting mystery storyline. We know it still happened since it was referenced in Gold Goblin as one of Normans many sins.

Spectacular Member 9AlphaOmega1's Avatar

Got to love that status quote.

I really loved Spencer’s run Peter getting ready to propose at the beginning of Sinister War issue 1 never really got picked up on, wonder if that’s coming back eventually.
    I think during that time Marvel and the Spidey office was planning to bring the marriage back. But I also think Wells made his Spidey pitch and MJ getting powers was a better idea and went with that instead.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I remember this one. Really hit hard. It was like Spencer himself was calling out Marvel for sticking Peter in that rut and being content to keep him there for so long.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I remember this one. Really hit hard. It was like Spencer himself was calling out Marvel for sticking Peter in that rut and being content to keep him there for so long.
    kinda hypocritical now thinking about it. Since he was the one who made Peter lost his job and degree at the beginning of the run and didn't resolve it in the end
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    kinda hypocritical now thinking about it. Since he was the one who made Peter lost his job and degree at the beginning of the run and didn't resolve it in the end
    To be somewhat fair to Spencer, the job and the degree were fruits of the poisoned tree that was Superior Spider-Man and Otto hijacking Peter's body and life, so Peter just accepting and rolling with them as if they were his own accomplishments was an irresponsible act.

To be somewhat fair to Spencer, the job and the degree were fruits of the poisoned tree that was Superior Spider-Man and Otto hijacking Peter's body and life, so Peter just accepting and rolling with them as if they were his own accomplishments was an irresponsible act.
    I dont feel like it was an irresponsible act. He was given something "bad" and made it his own.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I dont feel like it was an irresponsible act. He was given something "bad" and made it his own.
    He was living even more of a lie than when he was technically taking selfies and passing them off as a separate person from himself for The Daily Bugle. Frankly, I wouldn't have gone with completely dismantling Parker Industries, but I would have had Peter take a step back out of realizing there was no way he could ethically and honestly present himself as the face and head of that company when its creation stemmed from Otto Octavius fraudulently exploiting his good name and the trust he'd built up over the years to establish it in the first place.

He was living even more of a lie than when he was technically taking selfies and passing them off as a separate person from himself for The Daily Bugle. Frankly, I wouldn't have gone with completely dismantling Parker Industries, but I would have had Peter take a step back out of realizing there was no way he could ethically and honestly present himself as the face and head of that company when its creation stemmed from Otto Octavius fraudulently exploiting his good name and the trust he'd built up over the years to establish it in the first place.
    Peter dismantled Parker Industries under Slott, for reasons unconnected to the ethics of its creation. (*)
    It's true that having a PhD that Peter didn't actually do himself is probably unethical, though it's hard to see how Peter could have done anything about it. I personally just want Peter to finish his doctorate before doing anything else, but I agree that science editor at the Daily Bugle was a workable job for him to have from a narrative perspective.

(* I think being a CEO ages Peter more than being married does, but maybe that's just me. The implied fact that anybody with sufficient STEM aptitude could found a successful major company without any previous wealth strikes me as highly implausible and as having various unfortunate implications.)
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi