Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

The Ultimates is definitely going on my pull list.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah that Ant-Man and Wasp are definitely on the younger side and their suits resemble their MCU counterparts. Safe bet it’s Scott and Hope.
    It may be just the artist’s style, though. Everyone ends up looking “cuter” under this cover artist, for lack of a better word.
    What’s interesting to me is that they’re only showing their faces in one cover. I was even considering that maybe they’d be androids because the main cover completely covers their faces. But looks like they’re pretty close to regular and MCU versions, at least in looks.

Spectacular Member Trapgodthanos's Avatar

The writer on Twitter acknowledged the lack of poc characters and said to give him an arc, that makes me wonder if the cast will be rotating. Like maybe Tony cap and thor are consistently on the team and the rest of the team changes as they give other characters their powers/catalyst.
    Last edited by Trapgodthanos; 02-23-2024 at 07:54 PM.

Yeah that Ant-Man and Wasp are definitely on the younger side and their suits resemble their MCU counterparts. Safe bet it’s Scott and Hope.
    When will they stop trying to make Hope a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She’s who casuals think of as Wasp thanks to the MCU, so never.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

And the funny thing is that Hope actually/originally comes from MC2, where she's a villain motivated by bitterness toward the (next generation of) Avengers for "disrespecting" her parents' contributions to their storied history.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Different universe, so it makes more sense to do it here than over in the 616. At least IMO.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Trapgodthanos View Post
    The writer on Twitter acknowledged the lack of poc characters and said to give him an arc, that makes me wonder if the cast will be rotating. Like maybe Tony cap and thor are consistently on the team and the rest of the team changes as they give other characters their powers/catalyst.
    Right now we have 7, I could easily see that growing to 10 or even 12. Only question is who would be a good fit? Thus far they haven’t racebended anyone, although I do think we could see a more “brown” Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch were they to show up. Otherwise who would be good non-white choices who were created as such? I’m thinking a lineup addition of:

- Scarlet Witch
    - Quicksilver
    - Black Panther (he’s going to join at some point)
    - Blue Marvel
    - Echo

Feels possible. Also I expect Ultimate Spider-Man to team up with them if he’s not a regular member. If Hickman was writing Ultimates we would definitely see Sunspot join.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Right now we have 7, I could easily see that growing to 10 or even 12. Only question is who would be a good fit? Thus far they haven’t racebended anyone, although I do think we could see a more “brown” Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch were they to show up. Otherwise who would be good non-white choices who were created as such? I’m thinking a lineup addition of:

- Scarlet Witch
    - Quicksilver
    - Blue Marvel
    - Echo

Feels possible. Also I expect Ultimate Spider-Man to team up with them if he’s not a regular member. If Hickman was writing Ultimates we would definitely see Sunspot join.
    BP and Scarlet Witch would be the most obvious choices IMO, but here are some other ones:
    - Monica Rambeau
    - Shang Chi
    - Falcon
    - Manifold
    - War Machine
    - White Tiger (any of them)
    - Sunspot
    - America Chavez
    - Kamala
    - Luke Cage
    - Firebird

And these are just on the Avengers side, but Reed and Sif set the precedent to add characters who are more associated with other franchises. If they consider adding the X-men who are probably not appearing in Momoko’s UXM, the list of options grows even more.

Ultimate x-men previews are out, hoping surge shows up in this series

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/02/29/ex...imate-x-men-1/

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trapgodthanos View Post
    Ultimate x-men previews are out, hoping surge shows up in this series

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/02/29/ex...imate-x-men-1/
    Surge would be cool, yeah.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Do casuals even care about her? She's such a boring Wasp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Different universe, so it makes more sense to do it here than over in the 616. At least IMO.
    Well, she's basically a blank slate so Camp can do whatever with her, but I'd still rather we get Janet.

- Scarlet Witch
    - Quicksilver
    - Blue Marvel
    - Echo

Those are some good choices, I want to get characters that haven't gone alot to do in 616 in awhile, maybe 6160 can elevate them. I'm thinking:

- Cloak & Dagger
    -ironfist
    -Power Man
    White tiger

Astonishing Member

I wann see Jimmy Hudson. Maybe Jean Grey later.

Wasn’t going to get Ultimate X-Men, because the premise made it seem totally disconnected from the rest of the Hickman overarching plot, but I decided to get the first issue and give it a chance. As a Peach Momoko comic I thought it was great - beautiful art. As an X-Men comic it was… well really this is not an X-Men comic. It should be called Ultimate Armor because this isn’t a team book or really even about mutants at all. Unlike USM and UBP which have clear ties through the Maker’s Council, this feels like it’s set on its own Earth. This will be the first Ultimate book to get cancelled/relaunched I expect, because right now the appeal for me is seeing Momoko’s interiors and once she has to start bringing in filler artists the plot isn’t strong enough to carry it. It’s written like a manga with very sparse details, which works when you’re coming out weekly, but for a monthly comic it’s too decompressed.