Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Anime would be more common to our generation so another go would be great.
    Uh-huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    The mangaverse, early 2000's "Japanimation" vibes, woof. I honestly think that The Hulk could be a riff on JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Where the Hulk is essentially Bruce's Stand, Immortal Hulk played up the supernatural elements of the character, so it would be sort of the same.
    Or something like Attack on Titan's Titan Shifters, who could generate what in essence were giant organic exoskeletons around their real bodies, which controlled the exoskeletons from inside, only scaled down closer to human size.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    ???? What?
    that art style is the closest thing to Peanuts I have seen from Marvel. That, and the space guys crossover against the Great Pumpkin.

Astonishing Member

Maystorm isn't really Storm. So female Cyclops wouldn't be Scott either, it's a new inspired character anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Yeah, that was a nice moment, too. I always have a soft spot for Ultimate Tony. When they asked him if it was smart to be drinking before armoring up for a mission and he gestures to the armor and says, "Who in their right mind is going to climb into it sober?" That part always gave me a laugh. But despite his debauchery and glib attitude, he always seemed like he actually cared about his friends and helping people. I recall that he fell into a deep depression after Magneto forced him to kill Wolverine.
    That gives me an idea that Tony Stark was like his real father, the Hydra father that is. It answers a lot of questions about Tony’s drinking, about Why he thought Civil War was a good idea, his using Earth-buster missiles in Incursions, and why Tony was unapologetic to Steve Rogers at the end of their Time Runs Out fight. Tony was a proto-Hydra personality.

It also puts Tony at odds to his investment in SHIELD that was always fighting Hydra. If his father was Hydra, Tony being pro-SHIELD was some subconscious rejection of his fathers philosophy as being Nazi. Howard Stark, being Tony’s step-father, (sort of), turned Tony towards Howard’s philosophy, but couldn’t take the Hydra out of Tony’s personality. Tony may have been ultruistic, but he couldn’t escape his genes.
    Last edited by jackolover; 04-02-2024 at 07:20 PM.

Spectacular Member Trapgodthanos's Avatar

18 one and done issues that introduce new ultimate versions of characters sounds sick to me. It's cool hearing from all creative teams that Marvel has given them creator owned type of freedom for their books. The big question is will this universe continue after the 18 months or will they wrap it up? If the success continues I don't see how they could just wrap it up lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapgodthanos View Post
    18 one and done issues that introduce new ultimate versions of characters sounds sick to me. It's cool hearing from all creative teams that Marvel has given them creator owned type of freedom for their books. The big question is will this universe continue after the 18 months or will they wrap it up? If the success continues I don't see how they could just wrap it up lol.
    Up to Hickman and the other creators I assume. If he wants to keep going they’ll let him, the success has been too big not to. Otherwise I hope Marvel avoids repeating the mistake they made with Krakoa. Let the story Hickman wants to tell play out instead of extending it.
    Last edited by Vordan; 04-03-2024 at 12:48 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

I hope Cap is more like his old Ultimate Cap counterpart.

In the preview, you can see Hawkeye's costume in the trash, homage to Amazing Spider-Man 50 vol 1 cover. There's a version of Carol Danvers shown too, exploding.

If that's really Hank Pym, it would be nice to not have the domestic violence baggage for this version.

They had me at Ant-Man and Wasp looking like Hank and Jan !

(Though is that a bit of a dad bod on Hank?)

Also looks like Clint has quit and Carol is already Captain Marvel but in space?

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

This sounds like it is going to be a lot of fun. I can't wait to see who else turns up in the new Ultimate Universe.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

This Ultimates book looks bland. Those pages have nothing of the impact of Ultimates v1.
    Even Ultimate Spider-Man seems better.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    That gives me an idea that Tony Stark was like his real father, the Hydra father that is. It answers a lot of questions about Tony’s drinking, about Why he thought Civil War was a good idea, his using Earth-buster missiles in Incursions, and why Tony was unapologetic to Steve Rogers at the end of their Time Runs Out fight. Tony was a proto-Hydra personality.

It also puts Tony at odds to his investment in SHIELD that was always fighting Hydra. If his father was Hydra, Tony being pro-SHIELD was some subconscious rejection of his fathers philosophy as being Nazi. Howard Stark, being Tony’s step-father, (sort of), turned Tony towards Howard’s philosophy, but couldn’t take the Hydra out of Tony’s personality. Tony may have been ultruistic, but he couldn’t escape his genes.
    In Time Runs Out, Tony was still morally inverted from AXIS by Rick Remender, so I wouldn't put too much stock in his actions there being reflective of who he really was at his core, aside from perhaps the darker parts of his personality given free reign from his ethics and conscience. Not to mention, the idea that one's genes are a determining factor of one's moral compass has been rebuked and refuted in real life, even if we were to take that part seriously.

The Ultimates as an outlaw force against the Maker's Council is definitely an intriguing inversion of their original Ultimate Universe status quo where they were an elite superhuman squad employed by S.H.I.E.L.D., which was explicitly an American governmental agency rather than an international military/intelligence organization like in 616, positioning them as fighting the power, to coin a phrase, as opposed to fighting for the power. Will be looking forward to seeing how that shakes out.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    This Ultimates book looks bland. Those pages have nothing of the impact of Ultimates v1.
    Even Ultimate Spider-Man seems better.
    Meh that was over 20 years ago, times have changed.

Its time to see what the new stuff can do.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 04-04-2024 at 11:26 PM.

Yes, times have changed... nowadays, things made 20 years ago (give or take some extra years) are revered as masterpieces.

Mighty Member

I'm here to watch Alt Hank be great, and that's about it.