Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    I'm here to watch Alt Hank be great, and that's about it.
    I'm so glad it looks like Hank and Janet instead of Scott and Hope .

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Yes, times have changed... nowadays, things made 20 years ago (give or take some extra years) are revered as masterpieces.

Though its the reverse for the Ultimate Universe.

Started out with reverence, but nowadays its a lot more mockery and disgust over all the excessively dark and jerky characterizations in. So little nostalgia there except from the really uber-fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Meh that was over 20 years ago, times have changed.

Its time to see what the new stuff can do.
    I'm not asking something similar, that would be boring. If anything, the line-up is way too similar to Ultimates v1.
    But a comics from the ultimates line should make me say "Wow, that looks great and that looks nothing like 616 comics!" That's what I felt when Millar and Hitch's Ultimates were published.
    So far, only Ultimate X-Men gave me that "really cool and different" vibe.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I'm not asking something similar, that would be boring. If anything, the line-up is way too similar to Ultimates v1.
    But a comics from the ultimates line should make me say "Wow, that looks great and that looks nothing like 616 comics!" That's what I felt when Millar and Hitch's Ultimates were published.
    So far, only Ultimate X-Men gave me that "really cool and different" vibe.
    And then you have the people who hate, or at least have serious reservations about, the new Ultimate X-Men because it is that different from X-Men as we've come to know them, though kudos to Peach Momoko for having (and executing) a vision for X-Men that doesn't rely entirely, if at all, on the usual standbys.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

I have nothing against the old Ultimate Universe. They should have combined more parts and elements of 1610 Earth post-Secret Wars with 616 Earth.

The older I get, I would also rather have the 1610 Earth over the current 616 Earth or even Hickman's Battleworld concept or new retro 616 world, over what we got going on on current day 616 now.

Right now 6160 reminds me of a milder Flashpoint. So would we get a New 52 style launch at the end of it?
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-08-2024 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm so glad it looks like Hank and Janet instead of Scott and Hope .
    The previews name them as Pym and Jan, so that part is confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Right now 6160 reminds me of a milder Flashpoint. So would we get a New 52 style launch at the end of it?
    Probably not. If they were going to do that, the best place would have been at the ending of Ultimate Invasion, having them fix what Maker broke rather than moving forward with it. Honestly, a New 52 style reboot for 1610 could have been an interesting thing for this Ultimate relaunch both justifying the Ultimate branding and giving new stories to tell with it like what they did with 2099 though in an ongoing fashion rather than a series of minis.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    The previews name them as Pym and Jan, so that part is confirmed.
    Yay! That's great !

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Probably not. If they were going to do that, the best place would have been at the ending of Ultimate Invasion, having them fix what Maker broke rather than moving forward with it. Honestly, a New 52 style reboot for 1610 could have been an interesting thing for this Ultimate relaunch both justifying the Ultimate branding and giving new stories to tell with it like what they did with 2099 though in an ongoing fashion rather than a series of minis.
    Wait are you referring to the current Ultimate Universe as a series of minis?

There's no indication that any of the U books, X-Men, SM, BP, and Ultimates are miniseries. They all look to be ongoings.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Wait are you referring to the current Ultimate Universe as a series of minis?

There's no indication that any of the U books, X-Men, SM, BP, and Ultimates are miniseries. They all look to be ongoings.
    I believe they were reffering to 2099's recent miniseries not the current Ultimate Universe.

I believe they were reffering to 2099's recent miniseries not the current Ultimate Universe.
    Ah my mistake then, that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    So we might get "All new All Different Ultimates" instead...

So we might get "All new All Different Ultimates" instead...
    We already have them!

"Ultimate Rebirth" or "MarvelUS" then.