Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    How did folks like Ultimate Black Panther? I haven’t read too much 616 T’Challa stuff so I’m curious how his fans feel. To me this issue felt a little too similar to MCU Black Panther, but I’ll definitely be tuning in next month.
    Loved it. Not sure if it's because the last decade(?) of BP comics in the MU616 have been bad but either way, was a great read. May it last many many issues (and maintain the quality).

Yes it's a little similar to the MCU. But that's not necessarily a bad thing. BP (and Wakanda) in the MCU was very well portrayed.

I know there were seeds planted about the world beyond Wakanda. I'm all up for that though I'd prefer a tighter approach to story telling with a focus on Wakanda and the other various "kingdoms" within Marvel-lore like Latveria, Atlantis, Asgard, the City etc. Give me GoT/Dune and not same old "BP in New York or wherever".

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Pretty good start. Lotta set-up but I'm interested in seeing where all the pieces go. Plus T'Challa is pretty cool here which is very refreshing considering how mistreated he's been in the main 616 books.

Well maybe wait until more issues come out. I mean this is probably a very complicated concept for you but its called READING THE STORY AS IT GOES.

Spidey may be bad, it could also be good, who knows. We just have to read it as it goes on like literally any other book. Its how literature works.
    No, that's how comic books work. Literature? A book is way, WAY longer than a comic book issue. It is a work in itself, even if part of a series, and can be evaluated as a standalone work. Ongoing comic books' way of publication is more similar to TV series, but even a single TV episode is longer and has more content.

But perhaps you meant to follow a franchise into whatever direction it takes? That's a way to do it, yes, but not the only one. Some people prefer to follow creators instead (writers, directors, actors), even if there is no in-story relation between their works. And others do a mix of both, as in this case. Yes, perhaps Hickman can write a good story about an everyday man that is faced with the weird stuff and still remains with his feet on the ground... but he couldn't do it in gods, so let me doubt it.

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/02/08/ul...r-man-3-cover/

Bullseye pops up in issue 3 of ultimate Spider-Man.

Spectacular Member Trapgodthanos's Avatar

Something interesting that I just realized is that in a Cerebro cast interview last year Hickman said that he originally wanted each dawn of x book to be released slow dripped style. One new book each month and marvel said no.I guess marvel listened to him this time because that's what they're doing for 6160 and I think it's working well. I don't think ult black panther would have gotten this much attention if it has released the spiderman. The hype and anticipation ultimate spider-man created seems to have somewhat transferred to black panther. Time will tell if it happens to x-men (I think it's guaranteed to but you never know).

Quote Originally Posted by Trapgodthanos View Post
    Something interesting that I just realized is that in a Cerebro cast interview last year Hickman said that he originally wanted each dawn of x book to be released slow dripped style. One new book each month and marvel said no.I guess marvel listened to him this time because that's what they're doing for 6160 and I think it's working well. I don't think ult black panther would have gotten this much attention if it has released the spiderman. The hype and anticipation ultimate spider-man created seems to have somewhat transferred to black panther. Time will tell if it happens to x-men (I think it's guaranteed to but you never know).
    It absolutely would’ve been crushed, no one is competing with Hickman on Spider-Man in terms of interest. Plus it also helps build hype, Hickman USM was a hit which likely translates into greater interest for the other Ultimate titles.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    https://aiptcomics.com/2024/02/08/ul...r-man-3-cover/

Bullseye pops up in issue 3 of ultimate Spider-Man.
    I don't think I'm crazy about Bullseye having a tech suit, but the design is super slick nonetheless.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=317144674

And discover the mysterious Maystorm’s origin in Peach Momoko’s ULTIMATE X-MEN #3. Mei Igarashi was a regular girl until she discovered her unusual abilities and her hair changed from brown to white… Now, learn how and why she came to idolize a mysterious freedom fighter in Africa who also harnesses the power of the storm!

In Bryan Hill and Stefano Caselli’s ULTIMATE BLACK PANTHER #4, Shuri seizes the throne! With T’Challa missing and presumed dead, Wakanda needs a new leader. Shuri wants war against Ra and Khonshu more than T’Challa ever did, but at what cost? Meanwhile, Black Panther must learn from his new allies, the freedom fighters Killmonger and Storm!

In ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #5, Jonathan Hickman digs into the secret history of Harry Osborn! How does the heir apparent of Oscorp become a masked vigilante? And what does Green Goblin know of the true status of the world he lives in? In ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #4-5, Hickman will be joined by acclaimed artist David Messina (STAR WARS: THE HIGH REPUBLIC), with regular series artist Marco Checchetto returning in June’s ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #6.
    Holy **** are we getting villain Shuri?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Spectacular Member Trapgodthanos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Marco Checchetto needing a break after 3 issues is kinda crazy (the 1st issue was oversized but still)
    I like the little connective tissue between x-men and black panther regarding storm.
    I don't know if shuri will be a villian but I could definitely see her being very extreme considering she belives Ra and Khonshu killed her father and brother

Spectacular Member AlligatorSky's Avatar

The press release ends with the promise that we’ll hear about new series in the coming weeks, that’s exciting. I wasn’t expecting anything other than Ultimates for a bit (to let the line settle in a bit), any thoughts/predictions on what else we might get soon?

Quote Originally Posted by AlligatorSky View Post
    The press release ends with the promise that we’ll hear about new series in the coming weeks, that’s exciting. I wasn’t expecting anything other than Ultimates for a bit (to let the line settle in a bit), any thoughts/predictions on what else we might get soon?
    Maybe Defenders, Midnight Sons or Guardians of the Galaxy?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Shuri entering her villain era could be interesting, especially since in her original appearances as the new Black Panther after T'Challa got incapacitated by Doctor Doom in what turned out to be the leadup to Doomwar, she did seem a lot harder-edged compared to T'Challa. Maybe Hill's riffing on that, though I'll admit I am (also) looking forward to seeing how Harry Osborn turned himself into a vigilante Green Goblin and what he knows about what's really going on with this world in Hickman's Ultimate Spider-Man.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ultimate Dr. Strange maybe? He was the other Maker prisoner besides Reed going off of the lists in Ultimate Invasion, and Hickman likes using him. Otherwise we can probably guess going off of movie synergy - maybe Ultimate Thunderbolts, Ultimate Daredevil, or a series focusing on the Maker’s Council.

Ultimate Doctor Strange by Christian Ward would be cool.

The Maker's council could be the focus of an Illuminati relaunch. Maybe the Thunderbolts could be their enforcers?

Ultimate Daredevil could follow the path of Hickman's Ultimate Spider-Man with adult Matt getting his powers as an adult rather than as a child.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-10-2024 at 07:47 AM.

I would love something like an Ultimate Ghost Rider or Ultimate Punisher series.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Fantastic Member

How about a new Ultimate book that’s actually set in the Ultimate Universe?