Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Fair enough. Who would you have in mind?
    Nakia is my preference but I’m open-minded. Could do Madam Slayy or Monica/Photon or anyone else.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Nakia is my preference but I’m open-minded. Could do Madam Slayy or Monica/Photon or anyone else.
    Madam Slay would be an interesting one. Could bring in Monica Lynne, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Does Black Panther need a "love interest"? Isn't he already married?
    I dont really care about BP's love life. But regarding to his marriage status, I think it's just one made for political reasons, no more. (and she's giving serious big traitor-vibes imo)

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Does Black Panther need a "love interest"? Isn't he already married?
    No one needs anything. Its just what fans want and think is a good idea for a character.

By that logic no character should get a love interest cause "do they need em?".

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

A world with no love would be such a sad place...
    As Spider-Man can attest to in his current run. Hell, the first TPB collection of it was explicitly subtitled, "World Without Love," and it was indeed very sad.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Nice to see a good BP book selling well .

Ultimate Universe seems to be doing well.

Spectacular Member Trapgodthanos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Nice to see a good BP book selling well .

Ultimate Universe seems to be doing well.
    Yeah I know people were very skeptical on the ultimate universe returning but you can't deny the enthusiasm and sales it's bringing.
    I know there's rumors of DC doing an Ultimate style universe, I wonder if the success of Marvel's will overshadow theirs or maybe it will help.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapgodthanos View Post
    Yeah I know people were very skeptical on the ultimate universe returning but you can't deny the enthusiasm and sales it's bringing.
    I know there's rumors of DC doing an Ultimate style universe, I wonder if the success of Marvel's will overshadow theirs or maybe it will help.
    My hope is that it will help. The MCU initially brought a wave of enthusiasm for superhero movies in general which is how the DCEU made lots of money despite being of much lesser quality. Since “Ultimate DC” is going to be launching much later than this first wave of Ultimate Marvel, people might check it out out of a desire to get a similar “in” with DC.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    My hope is that it will help. The MCU initially brought a wave of enthusiasm for superhero movies in general which is how the DCEU made lots of money despite being of much lesser quality. Since “Ultimate DC” is going to be launching much later than this first wave of Ultimate Marvel, people might check it out out of a desire to get a similar “in” with DC.
    I really don’t get how an Ultimate DC would work in a place where they so fully embraced the multiverse and already have many sort of “contemporary” out of continuity takes. What would differentiate an Ultimate DC.

Spectacular Member Trapgodthanos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    I really don’t get how an Ultimate DC would work in a place where they so fully embraced the multiverse and already have many sort of “contemporary” out of continuity takes. What would differentiate an Ultimate DC.
    This was my thought as well. The ultimate universe works because its the only alternative to 616, so let's say you don't like amazing spiderman, heres ultimate spiderman. If you don't like Zdarsky's batman, there's at least 5 other batman books you could read (both in and out of continuity) at any given time. How will the ultimate DC be different?

This was my thought as well. The ultimate universe works because its the only alternative to 616, so let's say you don't like amazing spiderman, heres ultimate spiderman. If you don't like Zdarsky's batman, there's at least 5 other batman books you could read (both in and out of continuity) at any given time. How will the ultimate DC be different?
    They could tie to Gunn's DCU.

Ultimate Gwen is making her debut - and she’s married to Harry Osborn!
    Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Because it would be a shared ongoing universe with multiple other books featuring new takes on characters who don’t have anything right now. Most of the current Elseworld books are Batman solos, or JL. They’re not telling an ongoing shared universe story. Plus it’s rumored to be Scott Snyder’s brainchild and he remains one of those creators who excites people. Fair to be skeptical but people were skeptical of Hickman’s Ultimate reboot too, no reason not to let Snyder try his hand at revamping the DCU. Plenty of people are not paying any attention to the current Elseworlds, DC’s sales are pretty weak right now. Scott Snyder coming back to do a new line of DC books would attract attention and hype just like Hickman.
    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    They could tie to Gunn's DCU.
    No way will they be directly tying in but having a new line of books with no continuity in the hopes of attracting people interested in Gunn’s reboot is probably also a factor in why they might be doing this.
    Last edited by Vordan; 03-19-2024 at 02:12 PM.