Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334 LastLast

The New Ultimates being the equivalent of the 1610 Liberators is exactly what I was hoping they would do, excited to see this unfold!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    In Time Runs Out, Tony was still morally inverted from AXIS by Rick Remender, so I wouldn't put too much stock in his actions there being reflective of who he really was at his core, aside from perhaps the darker parts of his personality given free reign from his ethics and conscience. Not to mention, the idea that one's genes are a determining factor of one's moral compass has been rebuked and refuted in real life, even if we were to take that part seriously.
    Thanks for your input. I took into account your points, but I have to disagree in that I myself have experienced my character flaws, despite my healthy upbringing. I also have to see through Tony Starks inversion in AXIS and discount that argument, knowing Tony threw Steve under the bus in CW. I have now completed an article on this subject, including Reed Richards into the theme of spoiled characters.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The New Ultimates being the equivalent of the 1610 Liberators is exactly what I was hoping they would do, excited to see this unfold!
    Only this time, they're the good guys.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Thanks for your input. I took into account your points, but I have to disagree in that I myself have experienced my character flaws, despite my healthy upbringing. I also have to see through Tony Starks inversion in AXIS and discount that argument, knowing Tony threw Steve under the bus in CW. I have now completed an article on this subject, including Reed Richards into the theme of spoiled characters.
    You're welcome, though I would still contend that while predisposition to certain flaws or failings of character might be genetically inherent or inherited, people still have (and can make) choices in whether or not they lean into those flaws or failings as opposed to working to overcome them. That said, un-inverted Tony did regret what he'd done in Civil War, more than we could say for Inverted Tony in Time Runs Out.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Did Hickman acknowledge the whole "Inverted" thing? He has a nasty habit of ignoring or retconning continuity details that get in the way of his story...

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Did Hickman acknowledge the whole "Inverted" thing? He has a nasty habit of ignoring or retconning continuity details that get in the way of his story...
    It’s more thematic, the Ultimates of the OG universe were fighting for the government while the new Ultimates are fighting against the government

I was asking about the actions of 616 Tony Stark during Time Runs Out. He was "inverted" in the axis crossover (made evil), and technically he still was during TRO. But did Hickman acknowledged that, or was it just a pragmatic Stark vs. idealistic Rogers as in Civil War?

I was asking about the actions of 616 Tony Stark during Time Runs Out. He was "inverted" in the axis crossover (made evil), and technically he still was during TRO. But did Hickman acknowledged that, or was it just a pragmatic Stark vs. idealistic Rogers as in Civil War?
    A fair question. He was wearing the Endo-Sym Armor from Superior Iron Man throughout those final issues before Secret Wars, which would indicate he was still morally inverted, something that didn't get reversed until after Secret Wars destroyed and rebuilt the Marvel Multiverse, albeit with no explanation for how that reversion happened . . . another wasted opportunity, I'd suppose.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Pretty much everyone has been ignoring the Superior Iron Man phase of the character.

It wasn't even actually resolved, SIM ended with Inverted Tony on top and after Secret War he's back to normal with no transition point.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Pretty much everyone has been ignoring the Superior Iron Man phase of the character.

It wasn't even actually resolved, SIM ended with Inverted Tony on top and after Secret War he's back to normal with no transition point.
    Alas, yeah. Speaking of Iron Man, with the solicits for July's Ultimate offerings coming out today . . . what do you think of Tony Stark possibly clashing with a newly awakened Captain America in Ultimates and "checking in" on Peter over in Ultimate Spider-Man?

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-panther-x-men

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #7
    Written by JONATHAN HICKMAN
    Art and Cover by MARCO CHECCHETTO
    On Sale 7/3

Jonathan Hickman and Marco Checchetto continue to spin the Spidey story of the decade in ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #7. The start of an all-new arc, the issue picks up after Green Goblin and Spider-Man’s intense battle with the Kingpin, where they learned they aren’t as ready to reshape the world as they hoped. Harry and Peter get to work, while Ben and Jonah work on “the truth”… And problems for their resistance arise when Tony Stark checks in on Peter!

ULTIMATES #2
    Written by DENIZ CAMP
    Art by JUAN FRIGERI
    Cover by DIKE RUAN
    On Sale 7/10

More shocking secrets of the Ultimate Universe are revealed in Deniz Camp and Juan Frigeri’s ULTIMATES #2. Captain America reckons with the Maker’s dismantling of nations… by visiting the White House. Cap’s arrival leads to a massive brawl between the villain known as Midas and this young band of freedom fighters, but Midas has been holding a superhuman hostage as a power source! Plus, discover the dark history of what used to be the United States on Earth-6160…

ULTIMATE X-MEN #5
    Written by PEACH MOMOKO
    Art and Cover by PEACH MOMOKO
    On Sale 7/17

The Ultimate Universe’s new generation of mutants face their first enemy in Peach Momoko’s ULTIMATE X-MEN #5. Maystorm isn’t the only mutant with electric powers—and Noriko Ashida, AKA Surge, is here to make sure she knows it! A fun summer festival turns haunted and dangerous as spirits and surges collide! And, the shadow who has been haunting Armor finally reveals his true face!

ULTIMATE BLACK PANTHER #6
    Written by BRYAN HILL
    Art by CARLOS NIETO
    Cover by STEFANO CASELLI
    On Sale 7/24

Black Panther undertakes a daring trial to face Ra and Khonshu in Bryan Hill and guest artist Carlos Nieto’s ULTIMATE BLACK PANTHER #6. While T’Challa has sought to grow his power, so too have the forces of Moon Knight… and with access to a unique new resource, Ra and Khonshu are stronger than ever! How will Wakanda stand in its resistance against the kings of the Upper and Lower Kingdoms? And is T’Challa prepared to bear the consequences of tapping into such dangerous wells of power?

Thanks for sharing these, Harpoon. Especially excited for Ultimate Spider-Man, particularly given the hint of Ultimate Otto Octavius and what role he could be playing in this. Ultimates and Black Panther should be something, too. And X-Men . . . well, Surge was one of my favorites in the Academy X cast, so . . .

So what would've The Maker done with Miles, had he accepted his offer to go with him to the new Ultimate Universe? He wanted a universe without heroes, right? Did he think he could corrupt miles somehow and have him oversee a section of the world, or something? Would he have imprisoned him or taken away his powers, somehow? I just don't get why he even offered it to him, because Miles wouldn't have been down for what The Maker intended. He would've fought him! So why even invite him in the first place?

It was required for the false advertising stunt to work. Check the trailers and press releases of the time, they all mention Miles despite showing up just for a mere cameo

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuraddoRun View Post
    So what would've The Maker done with Miles, had he accepted his offer to go with him to the new Ultimate Universe? He wanted a universe without heroes, right? Did he think he could corrupt miles somehow and have him oversee a section of the world, or something? Would he have imprisoned him or taken away his powers, somehow? I just don't get why he even offered it to him, because Miles wouldn't have been down for what The Maker intended. He would've fought him! So why even invite him in the first place?
    He probably would have allowed him to be Spider-Man but a Spider-Man he can control like the rest of the Illuminati.