Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaker1610 View Post
    Thanks for reminding me of that scene with the Red Skull, Red Wasp, and her baby.. why dude, why?
    Yeah, I'm astounded they got away with that. Also, the story where it's revealed Fury slept with literally every woman his wife knew, including relatives, was so gross and made Fury despicable rather than "morally ambiguous." Everybody in that series was depicted as a full blown sociopath.

Prior to that, I thought Fury was probably one of the better Ultimate characters. That one kinda ruined him for me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    You are so right and I miss him, but I’m excited for this Tony and to see how this new Tony grows as a character.
    Me too. Youthful, idealistic Tony in the red and silver Kang-esque armor has a lot of potential. I'm very interested to see where they take him and his inevitable confrontation with his father (who I really liked in Ultimate Invasion). I've been a little blah with Hickman lately, but there's a lot of interesting stuff set up in this new Ultimate Universe that I'm excited about.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ultimate Tony was cool.
    Oddly one of the most heroic Tony alts considering the rep Ultimate had for being the douchebag universe.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Me too. Youthful, idealistic Tony in the red and silver Kang-esque armor has a lot of potential. I'm very interested to see where they take him and his inevitable confrontation with his father (who I really liked in Ultimate Invasion). I've been a little blah with Hickman lately, but there's a lot of interesting stuff set up in this new Ultimate Universe that I'm excited about.
    Couldn’t agree more. This new UU is full of possibilities and I’m looking forward to seeing them play out.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Looks like Ultimate Storm and Killmonger show up in Ultimate Black Panther...

Ultimate Storm & Ultimate Killmonger In Ultimate Black Panther
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/ulti...black-panther/

So this means that some of the X-men are out there in this new Ultimate Universe, and will show up in the other books. Yay! Can't wait to see this version of Ultimate Wolverine/Logan.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Not feeling Storm's new design.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

She looks like a pirate, arrrrrg

Spectacular Member Trapgodthanos's Avatar

In the Marvel press release it says that there will be more ultimate books announced during this year. I don't want the line to be too big so I hope the other titles are just some minis

Quote Originally Posted by Trapgodthanos View Post
    In the Marvel press release it says that there will be more ultimate books announced during this year. I don't want the line to be too big so I hope the other titles are just some minis
    We’re definitely getting an Ultimates book at least, but the rest of them will probably be minis for the Ultimates members just like they did with 1610.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Ultimate Universe and it's dubious design sense still lives on .

Fantastic Member Hurricane Billy's Avatar

One possibility that stands out to me is potentially an Ultimate Doctor Strange. I could also maybe see an Ultimate Fantastic Four title, albeit one presumably with an entirely original lineup of characters.

I just went back to revisit the chart Hickman gave during Ultimate Invasion that laid out the statuses of many key Marvel heroes and I noticed that Stephen Strange is listed as being "captive" in Earth-6160, the same as Thor previously was going into Ultimate Universe #1, and that the Illuminati possess the Eye of Agamotto. Moreover, I noticed that while Sue, Johnny and Ben are all dead, the Maker has blood samples of all three of them for some reason.

So depending on how far down the rabbit hole Hickman and co. want to go with Earth-6160, we could maybe see those corners of the world explored via a UDS or UFF series.

Spectacular Member Trapgodthanos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Billy View Post
    One possibility that stands out to me is potentially an Ultimate Doctor Strange. I could also maybe see an Ultimate Fantastic Four title, albeit one presumably with an entirely original lineup of characters.

I just went back to revisit the chart Hickman gave during Ultimate Invasion that laid out the statuses of many key Marvel heroes and I noticed that Stephen Strange is listed as being "captive" in Earth-6160, the same as Thor previously was going into Ultimate Universe #1, and that the Illuminati possess the Eye of Agamotto. Moreover, I noticed that while Sue, Johnny and Ben are all dead, the Maker has blood samples of all three of them for some reason.

So depending on how far down the rabbit hole Hickman and co. want to go with Earth-6160, we could maybe see those corners of the world explored via a UDS or UFF series.
    Yeah I think there's alot of interesting things that could be explored in this universe I just don't want them to rush and overwhelm us. If the 3 main books are a huge hit I could see marvel publishing like 10 ultimate books a month by the end of 2024 which I think would bloat the line. I think 6 books should be the max with maybe 4 ongoing and 2 rotation minis.

Fantastic Member Hurricane Billy's Avatar

Yeah I think there's alot of interesting things that could be explored in this universe I just don't want them to rush and overwhelm us. If the 3 main books are a huge hit I could see marvel publishing like 10 ultimate books a month by the end of 2024 which I think would bloat the line. I think 6 books should be the max with maybe 4 ongoing and 2 rotation minis.
    Agreed. Hopefully we'll have a better idea of what to expect in the next couple months once we start seeing the initial issues of the first wave of Ultimate ongoings with Spider-Man, Black Panther and X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Ultimate Universe and it's dubious design sense still lives on .
    I actually liked most of the original UU designs, but every new design from the Black Panther series looks bad so far. BP and Storm's costumes are too busy and full of elements that clash. Caselli is a great artist, but I think he could use some help in the design department, assuming he's the one responsible for these.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I actually liked most of the original UU designs, but every new design from the Black Panther series looks bad so far. BP and Storm's costumes are too busy and full of elements that clash. Caselli is a great artist, but I think he could use some help in the design department, assuming he's the one responsible for these.
    Oh, I honestly liked a lot of the original UU designs as well (I don't think they held a candle to 616, but that's another story), though sometimes they could veer a little too off base.

Ultimate Black Panther also has too much going on and you can't convince me on a BP suit with an exposed mouth.