Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334 LastLast
    BANNED

Reading that interview made me more hyped. This feels like the most important book (along with USM) and it feels the most thematically similar to the old Ultimate Universe. It's kind of funny how both this as Ultimate Spider-Man are kind of "inversions" of their predecessors.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    I was asking about the actions of 616 Tony Stark during Time Runs Out. He was "inverted" in the axis crossover (made evil), and technically he still was during TRO. But did Hickman acknowledged that, or was it just a pragmatic Stark vs. idealistic Rogers as in Civil War?
    He did address it by having the spy Avengers discover him trapped in Necropolis but then leaving him when they realized he was too far gone.

And the climax of the story though he still used that inverted Tony but I don’t think it mattered since even uninverted (at least at that point) Tony would not have regretted his actions anyway. So Cap ended up as an old man , and Tony was technically evil but both still represented life and death.

Astonishing Member

I wonder how the cosmic side will be handled?

I was right that the line is in real time like the New Universe was.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post

We have "Phil Dunphy: Spider-Man", some Japanese teenagers, a war in Africa between local warlords, and soon a guerrilla. The right question is not "how", but "if".

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

It would be very interesting to see the cosmic state of things and whether Maker influenced any of it. The origins of characters like Nova and Star Lord maybe got interrupted.

Also trailer for the Ultimates came out.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    It would be very interesting to see the cosmic state of things and whether Maker influenced any of it. The origins of characters like Nova and Star Lord maybe got interrupted.

Also trailer for the Ultimates came out.

Is that the Android Human Torch being lit on fire? Did the Invaders exist on Earth 6160, I already knew about Jim existing. But the Maker took his brain?

The Pym Pest Control vehicle. Hank Pym and Janet being alive doesn't match up with the post Ultimatum status quo, the rag tag X-Men with no Xavier, no Cyclops, no Wolverine and lack of any F4 kinda does.

Is that the Android Human Torch being lit on fire? Did the Invaders exist on Earth 6160, I already knew about Jim existing. But the Maker took his brain?

The Pym Pest Control vehicle. Hank Pym and Janet being alive doesn't match up with the post Ultimatum status quo, the rag tag X-Men with no Xavier, no Cyclops, no Wolverine and lack of any F4 kinda does.
    This is not the real Ultimate universe, just a cheap knockoff version of it, with its own continuity

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

This is not the real Ultimate universe, just a cheap knockoff version of it, with its own continuity
    Earth-6160 isn't even remotely similar to Earth-1610. So, no, it isn't a cheap knockoff or a knockoff at all. It is a completely separate world that has been poisoned by the twisted ideals of an inhabitant of 1610.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 04-17-2024 at 06:21 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Astonishing Member

You misinterpreted what I wrote. The status quo is sorta homage of post Ultimatum from the old Ultimate Universe. But isn't fully.

I'm aware Earth 6160 and Earth 1610 are two different worlds belonging to their own respective universes.
    Last edited by D.Z; 04-17-2024 at 07:03 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Earth-6160 isn't even remotely similar to Earth-1610. So, no, it isn't a cheap knockoff or a knockoff at all. It is a completely separate world that has been poisoned by the twisted ideals of an inhabitant of 1610.
    It has some similarities with the old Ultimate Universe, but also does its own things. It also takes things from 616 as well.
    Last edited by D.Z; 04-17-2024 at 06:59 PM.

Amazing Member

I think 1610 Hank and Janet were actually revived post Secret Wars, in the 616 Ultimates book where they and the other Ultimates meet the 616 team and fight them

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juffuj5 View Post
    I think 1610 Hank and Janet were actually revived post Secret Wars, in the 616 Ultimates book where they and the other Ultimates meet the 616 team and fight them
    Yeah, and then they were supposed to be hunting the Maker across the Marvel Multiverse at the end of that. Still wondering what happened there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by juffuj5 View Post
    I forgot about that. Thanks.

I'm thinking of mirror reflections between the two Ultimate Universes, the similarities.

Fantastic Member

I’m really curious why Reed writes ‘Ultimates 2.0”. Do they find out about the original 1610 team that fought the Maker on his earth or was there already an existing Ultimates on 6160 maybe the ww2 invaders were called the ultimates for some reason?

Nick Bradshaw variant cover for Ultimates #2.