Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ultimate Tony was cool.
    His brain tumor is agree with you!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Looks like Ultimate Storm and Killmonger show up in Ultimate Black Panther...

Ultimate Storm & Ultimate Killmonger In Ultimate Black Panther
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/ulti...black-panther/

So this means that some of the X-men are out there in this new Ultimate Universe, and will show up in the other books. Yay! Can't wait to see this version of Ultimate Wolverine/Logan.
    nevermind, I misread

*also I'm loving Storm's hair, she's always rocking some sick cuts
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 12-11-2023 at 11:25 PM.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Fantastic Member Hurricane Billy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Looks promising! I'm glad that T'Challa is the lead here.

As an aside, it seems like 6160 Moon Knight probably isn't Marc Spector in this continuity? I could absolutely be wrong though!

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Billy View Post

As an aside, it seems like 6160 Moon Knight probably isn't Marc Spector in this continuity? I could absolutely be wrong though!
    Hope it remains that way and doesn't get side-tracked by world-building and supporting character focus.

I also get why they felt the need to change up the mask, but the exposed mouth is a little distracting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Billy View Post

Definitely not, “Moon Knight” is two people (the guys in suits with the markings on their forehead) named Ra and Khonshu. No clue what their deal is just yet.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'm curious about this universe's take on Black Panther and X-men.

I'm mid on Ultimates and Spider-Man. It would be cool if the Twilight Court were from 6160.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-13-2023 at 09:50 AM.

They’ve announced that Storm and Killmonger are to be introduced as a couple. I’m really not a fan of romantically tying her to a supporting character from another franchise, especially as her first appearance. She should be relevant enough to stand on her own.
    Storm appearing should be a bigger deal than “oh this time T’Challa’s former wife is dating his enemy”.
    Oh and I have to correct myself. Her new design was created by Momoko and not Caselli. Still not a fan.

Incredible Member

Oh man, Ultimate Marvel is back. I'm getting nostalgic posting here again. Having said that, I am not crazy about these creative teams outside of the artists and Momoko. The only Hickman I've ever enjoyed was his Ultimates though so hopefully that will be good. I think out of everything X-Men has the most to gain from this. It seems like such a radical departure from the normal stuff, has a very out there creator, and could actually get me invested in mutants for the fourth time in my life. My biggest hope is that they bring Jeph Loeb on board to get a redemption arc since everyone jumped ship during his original redemption. Ultimate X is still hands down my favorite X-Men comic ever made and he set up so much cool stuff that never came to fruition.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I'm hoping the new UU gets a nice long run but keep it tight and not too crazy.
    I hope its like Hickman's first run, when all the books were tightly intertwined. I know you already know all this but that relaunch was something special. You'd read Ultimates and Clint would be talking to Fury, see the other side of the conversation in Ultimate Hawkeye, the Ultimate X stuff then carried on to Ultimate X-Men, the Tian stuff would be in Ultimates, and Ultimates set up Jessica Drew's appearance in Ultimate Spider-Man. It felt like all the writers were working together to tell one big narrative but you also didn't need to follow every book. Outside of Fialkov it was the best Ultimate ever got. Which is saying a lot because Millar/Bendis/Ellis era was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally West View Post
    They need to invite in top talent like Kieron Gillen, Jason Aaron, etc. to do fresh takes on characters but its going to be hard to do because any book in new Ultimate has to adhere to Hickman's already heavy established lore and political heirarchy. The beauty of the original Ultimate Universe is anyone could come in and tell a new story in "the real world" it was only 8-10 years later that continuity started building up.
    Neither Gillen nor Aaron are big names anymore. Much like Bendis they've completely ruined their reputations but churning out awful books no one has liked. Which stinks because both have done great work. Aaron's Wolverine solo run is amazing and Gillen's Journey Into Mystery was great. It actually seems like this era of big writers have passed, which is a massive shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I don't think Millar has any interest in doing work for hire anymore or going back to either of the Big Two, but I could be wrong.
    Millar has been very vocal about returning to the Big Two, especially Superman.

Textless preview for issue 1 of Ultimate Spider-Man

Trailer:

Hope Ultimate Black Panther gets the same treatment.
    Some how I missed this, thanks for posting. Loving everything I am seeing despite not being a Hickman fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Yeah, and that reason is that Millar's Ultimates was cynical garbage by a try-hard writer at the peak of his "I'm so edgy"-ness. Not because it was any good.
    I think Millar's Ultimates has aged like fine wine and was ahead of its time. The total take down of America during the Bush administration, the absolutely refreshing take on every single character, and fist pumping moments have not been matched. I genuinely used to hate this series but I can't help but adore it now. Hickman came very close though.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Now, Millar's Ultimate Avengers, on the other hand, had very little redeeming qualities and was one of the most mean-spirited Marvel books I've ever read in my life.
    I maintain that the first two volumes are great. After that there is nothing good to be gained from it. Ultimate X-Men exists in this weird in between where a lot of it is pure crap, but has some genuinely great moments in between. Ultimate Fantastic Four is just a complete poopshow once Millar is by himself however. That book never recovered after his run.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapgodthanos View Post
    In the Marvel press release it says that there will be more ultimate books announced during this year. I don't want the line to be too big so I hope the other titles are just some minis
    I'd like for it to be like the old days. Three on-goings, a miniseries, and a maxiseries.

I could not be more disinterested in this. Seems like all of the worst parts of Ultimate Invasion, which had a lot of bad parts, being the focus with characters I have never cared too much about. Black Panther is not an interesting character which is why Priest tried very hard not to have him be the main character of his run. I also don't see what the point of having Storm be with Killmonger instead of Black Panther is, she was always at her best being the bride of Wakanda. It gave T'Challa something and actually did something interesting with Storm for once. Unless the whole point is her leaving Killmonger for Black Panther but that just sounds lame. I'm also entirely unfamiliar with the writer, which doesn't help at all.

Fantastic Member TrooperCameron's Avatar

Lookin forward to the Ultimate Black Panther the most out of the new Ultimate line. Wonder if he will eventually help this version of the Ultimates.

https://comicbook.com/comics/amp/new...ics-interview/

New article about Hill's take on Ultimate Black Panther.

Spectacular Member Trapgodthanos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

Good interview and nde me even more excited for ult BP.

Since the universe really kicks off in a few weeks with spiderman, what's everyone's excitement levels for the 3 titles? So far if goes black panther, x-men then spider-man for me.

I never really liked any of the 616 black panther runs I read but between the art and the premise, this is my most looked forward to ult book.
    X-men looks like it will be one of the most unique marvel books so that alone piqued my interests, I also like armor so.
    Spider-man looks to be the least interesting to me, other than becoming spiderman later in life, it just looks like a standard au peter parker story.

Ultimately (pun intended) I hope this new universe has plenty of new ideas and characters because I feel 1610 was at its least interesting when it was just telling classic 616 stories with a slight twist

Damn. This sounds dope. May have to check this out. Especially with Storm and Killmonger showing up.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Trapgodthanos View Post
    Good interview and nde me even more excited for ult BP.

Since the universe really kicks off in a few weeks with spiderman, what's everyone's excitement levels for the 3 titles? So far if goes black panther, x-men then spider-man for me.

I never really liked any of the 616 black panther runs I read but between the art and the premise, this is my most looked forward to ult book.
    X-men looks like it will be one of the most unique marvel books so that alone piqued my interests, I also like armor so.
    Spider-man looks to be the least interesting to me, other than becoming spiderman later in life, it just looks like a standard au peter parker story.

Ultimately (pun intended) I hope this new universe has plenty of new ideas and characters because I feel 1610 was at its least interesting when it was just telling classic 616 stories with a slight twist
    I'm really excited about Spider-Man and the Ultimates. I'm going to try BP and X-Men, but I've never been super into BP as a solo character and the direction for X-Men doesn't seem like my thing. But I'll give em all a try. The idea of this universe is interesting to me and I'm super excited to see it unfold.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

I love that but where he talks about wanting to use BP to tackle broader issues beyond just the current sociopolitical topic of the day. The comparison to Dune with T’Challa struggling under the weight of legacy and prophecy is extremely up my alley (Hickman’s too which is no doubt why he tapped Hill for UBP).