Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

OMG, after reading Ultimate Invasion, I hope one of these series explains what the heck happened...

Spectacular Member Trapgodthanos's Avatar

Discounting the one shot in November, the universe officially kicks off next week with spiderman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trapgodthanos View Post
    Discounting the one shot in November, the universe officially kicks off next week with spiderman
    I'm looking forward to Hickman's take on Spider-Man that he's going to be shaping from the ground up, more or less.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Preview Page from FCBD Spider-Man and The Ultimate Universe (it looks like ULTIMATES is going to be the next big title after the three launch titles):

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member Trapgodthanos's Avatar

It's nice to see marvel taking swings with this new universe in regards to creators. Getting Camp to do the ultimates book is a huge get, he seems to be a hot new indie writer. I wonder when the ultimates book drops. I also like the drip feed approach marvel is doing with the ongoings by dropping 1 new one each month, it could of been a dawn of x situation where they released all the books the same month.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I'm definitely on board especially after reading Camp's Children of the Vault mini-series.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Not a bad fit at all .

Happy for Deniz Camp. I hope the team is more interesting than just the ones from Hickman’s one-shot. I don’t want yet another Tony and Reed show.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Happy for Deniz Camp. I hope the team is more interesting than just the ones from Hickman’s one-shot. I don’t want yet another Tony and Reed show.
    I believe Hickman kept the team roster light so that Camp has the freedom to add whatever members he wants without the team feeling overstuffed.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I wouldn't mind Sif still being on the roster...

So for me it looks like 3 out of 4 might be worth checking out. Definitely going to read Ultimate Spider-man about the married Spidey, and Ultimates by Deniz Camp who I really enjoyed on Children of the Vault and also liked 20th Century Men as well. Will check out first few issues of Ultimate BP for Storm mainly. Not touching Ultimate X-men, however. The teen girl and anime focus clearly isn't targeting me as a reader. Which is fine. Hopefully it finds its audience.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Fantastic Member Hurricane Billy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wouldn't mind Sif still being on the roster...
    I suspect she will be, considering she was part of the Ultimates roster in the cover for the Ultimate Universe #1 oneshot back in November.

All of Hickman’s recruits will likely show up again, Black Panther will probably join at some point when Hill is open to it. But some of the obvious choices (Hulk, Wasp, Ant-Man) are no goes and I’m expecting at least one other wild curveball on par with DoomReed. Hey since Hulk is a bad guy in 6160, why not have Abomination join? That could be cool.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

It would be nice if we got more than one woman.