Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

What's the 6160 status of the usual Avenger leading ladies? Scarlet Witch, Wasp, Captain Marvel, She-Hulk, Photon?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    What's the 6160 status of the usual Avenger leading ladies? Scarlet Witch, Wasp, Captain Marvel, She-Hulk, Photon?
    Aunt May is missing, that's the only woman we need to care about.

https://x.com/denizcamp/status/17433...487sLx_4UoiJsQ
    Looking forward to it, your Children of the Vault mini was the highlight of Fall of X for me! I know you probably can't say anything but I figure it can't hurt to ask, will we see more Ultimate characters recruited to the team or is it just the ppl we saw in Ultimate Universe #1?

I probably can't say but I will say: yeah, you're going to see a bunch of new characters.
    Figured as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Scarlet Witch - Unknown
    Wasp - She and Pym have been “disabled” by Maker. Wouldn’t surprise me if the 6160 versions of Pym and Janet are old like the MCU versions.
    She-Hulk - Given the status quo of her cousin it’s unlikely she has powers
    Photon & Captain Marvel - Unknown
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Fantastic Member Hurricane Billy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Figured as much.

Scarlet Witch - Unknown
    Wasp - She and Pym have been “disabled” by Maker. Wouldn’t surprise me if the 6160 versions of Pym and Janet are old like the MCU versions.
    I have to wonder if we'll see Natasha in the mix at some point too. As far as I can tell, we have no idea currently what her status is in Earth-6160, so she could be alive somewhere and ready to be recruited as a member of the Ultimates. Or she could end up being on the enemy lines against them, like Hulk currently is.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Billy View Post
    I have to wonder if we'll see Natasha in the mix at some point too. As far as I can tell, we have no idea currently what her status is in Earth-6160, so she could be alive somewhere and ready to be recruited as a member of the Ultimates. Or she could end up being on the enemy lines against them, like Hulk currently is.
    Hopefully she's not a dirty traitor this time around.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well at least it seems like Russia is doing decent under the Rasputin Sibling's rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, the whole point of an ultimate universe is to try things with the characters you wouldn't do in the main comics. For example, the "he was secretly evil all along!" reveal never works well there, but a new universe can do it with little problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Well, the whole point of an ultimate universe is to try things with the characters you wouldn't do in the main comics. For example, the "he was secretly evil all along!" reveal never works well there, but a new universe can do it with little problem.
    Agreed, which makes me curious to see what route Camp goes with Cap. Sadly for you I don’t see Camp going full 1610 AMERICA HELL YEAH Cap, but I also don’t see him writing 6160 Cap as the paragon of morality that 616 Cap is either. Not after 20th Century Men deconstructed the very idea of “super soldiers”.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Fantastic Member Hurricane Billy's Avatar

Agreed, which makes me curious to see what route Camp goes with Cap. Sadly for you I don’t see Camp going full 1610 AMERICA HELL YEAH Cap, but I also don’t see him writing 6160 Cap as the paragon of morality that 616 Cap is either. Not after 20th Century Men deconstructed the very idea of “super soldiers”.
    I'll cackle like a madman if they explore the idea of 6160 Cap being a diehard New Deal era Democrat who is righteously furious at the state of modern politics in Earth-6160 due to the Maker and Illuminati's schemes. Like if someone threw Golden Age era Superman into an Orwellian setting and just brought out the popcorn as he immediately goes on a warpath.

I'm well aware of that. I have not forgiven the false publicity stunt, and have zero expectations. And so far, with good reason: of the characters that we have seen enough to compare, Tony is a loser with daddy issues and no charisma (and an awful name to boot, "Iron Lad"), Thor is just the standard version, Reed is a lackey with no agency, Hulk is a Bond villain, and the Maker has become a really boring villain Sue. I have not seen anything about the future ongoings (I prefer to discover everything when I read the comic), but as far as I know the X-men are not keeping the heavy metal costumes, and that's also a big negative comparison.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    I'm well aware of that. I have not forgiven the false publicity stunt, and have zero expectations. And so far, with good reason: of the characters that we have seen enough to compare, Tony is a loser with daddy issues and no charisma (and an awful name to boot, "Iron Lad"), Thor is just the standard version, Reed is a lackey with no agency, Hulk is a Bond villain, and the Maker has become a really boring villain Sue. I have not seen anything about the future ongoings (I prefer to discover everything when I read the comic), but as far as I know the X-men are not keeping the heavy metal costumes, and that's also a big negative comparison.
    On the plus side none of the characters are repulsively awful so thats good.

Really its already better than the original Ultimates on that front at the moment. Bond villain Hulk is objectively an improvement over "HULK IS HORNY! HULK NOT GAY!"
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 01-08-2024 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Well at least it seems like Russia is doing decent under the Rasputin Sibling's rule.
    So the mutants we've seen thus far are the Rasputins, Silver Samurai, Sunfire and now Storm appearing in Ultimate Black Panther. Look forward to seeing more of them and what they're like in the new Ultimate U.

I wonder if there's a Weapon X program in this timeline/universe?
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

There must be. I'm pretty sure Wolverine will show up in Ultimate X-Men, there's claw slashes like his on the covers.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Figured as much.

Scarlet Witch - Unknown
    Those unknowns would all be possible recruits. Old Janet and Hank would likely mean that they have a movie accurate Hope to be the Wasp instead. Aging them up wouldn't make Ant-Man and Wasp unviable (Ant-Man of course would be Scott Lang), but preventing the discovery of Pym particles would. And the only way that'd be prevented for good is Hank dying.

I definitely don't expect this is going to be Millar's Ultimates at any rate.