Extraordinary Member

Default Bucky vs Hellboy

Two men, two strange arms, who takes it?

This is the MCU version and the Guilermo Del Toro version respectively

Hellboy is stronger and tougher so he wins.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Eh. I love Hellboy but in his base form he's not so tough that Bucky can't hurt him, and he's significantly less fast and skilled. He's not bullet proof, for example, and Bucky has a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Eh. I love Hellboy but in his base form he's not so tough that Bucky can't hurt him, and he's significantly less fast and skilled. He's not bullet proof, for example, and Bucky has a gun.
    Um he's tossed around by monsters through stone walls and is completely unhurt I don't think bullets are going to hurt him much he tars arparet robots like nothing hurts giant monsters fights guys like Samael Mr. Wink The Golden Army etc I'm not even counting Sword of Storms or Blood and Iron or the game that are all in the same universe Hellboy is ridiculously above Bucky.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Um he's tossed around by monsters through stone walls and is completely unhurt I don't think bullets are going to hurt him much he tars arparet robots like nothing hurts giant monsters fights guys like Samael Mr. Wink The Golden Army etc I'm not even counting Sword of Storms or Blood and Iron or the game that are all in the same universe Hellboy is ridiculously above Bucky.
    Getting knocked through stone walls is not especially impressive on the scale of comic book bricks. Year One Batman punched a cop through a brick wall, for example. And Hellboy rarely emerges from any story "completely unhurt." The standard Hellboy story involves him getting his teeth kicked in by the monster of the week and left in a puddle of his own blood.

I was misremembering the monkey with a gun issue -- Abe got shot, not Hellboy. But in that same issue a regular dude nearly beats Hellboy to death with a pair of plyers. Hellboy IS tough and has quite the damage soak, but he's not outrageously impressive for a comic book super heroes when he's not going super Saiyan with the crown of the apocalypse or something.

Getting knocked through stone walls is not especially impressive on the scale of comic book bricks. Year One Batman punched a cop through a brick wall, for example. And Hellboy rarely emerges from any story "completely unhurt." The standard Hellboy story involves him getting his teeth kicked in by the monster of the week and left in a puddle of his own blood.

I was misremembering the monkey with a gun issue -- Abe got shot, not Hellboy. But in that same issue a regular dude nearly beats Hellboy to death with a pair of plyers. Hellboy IS tough and has quite the damage soak, but he's not outrageously impressive for a comic book super heroes when he's not going super Saiyan with the crown of the apocalypse or something.
    1 this is movie Hellboy

2 pair of plyers? Are you talking about Dunstan's tongs from box full if evil? Those were magic bro..

3 I'm not sure how much Hellboy you have read but in the comics he is way more powerful than what you are making out.

I missed the movie versions bit. I'll shut up now. I don't remember enough about the Hellboy movies to comment.

I remain unconvinced Bucky loses if both are comic book versions. The most

I missed the movie versions bit. I'll shut up now. I don't remember enough about the Hellboy movies to comment.

I remain unconvinced Bucky loses if both are comic book versions. The most
    Comics Hellboy gets smashed by gint monsters in the comics and gets back up can 616 Bucky survive getting hit by a fist the size of a car?

All-New Member

Comic Hellboy has vaguely defined, but pretty ridiculous regen. I don't recall seeing any panels showing him actually healing from the damage he takes, but he'll get impaled or shredded, fight through it, and then show up looking normal a day later.

6a00d83455e40a69e20134869b0e8e970c-800wi.jpg

That kind of damage is pretty standard for a Hellboy fight.

MCU Bucky is probably as strong or close to as strong as movie Hellboy, faster, and a more skillful fighter. I think Bucky wins more often than not.
    Last edited by Cantget; 11-30-2023 at 03:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantget View Post
    Comic Hellboy has vaguely defined, but pretty ridiculous regen. I don't recall seeing any panels showing him actually healing from the damage he takes, but he'll get impaled or shredded, fight through it, and then show up looking normal a day later.

6a00d83455e40a69e20134869b0e8e970c-800wi.jpg

That kind of damage is pretty standard for a Hellboy fight.

MCU Bucky is probably as strong or close to as strong as movie Hellboy, faster, and a more skillful fighter. I think Bucky wins more often than not.
    Hellboys fight with Koshchei puts him above Bucky in my opinion.