Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

JSA
    Legion
    JLA
    Firestorm (mini/ongoing or on JLA)
    Vixen (mini/ongoing or on JLA)
    Doom Patrol (same creative team as last mini)
    World's Finest: Teen Titans (same creative team as last mini)
    Blue & Gold: Season Two (same creative team as first mini)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    A Green Lantern Corps book that uses everyone. Yes, everyone.
    I COMPLETELY AGREE WHOLEHEARTEDLY. I don't understand why DC only keep releasing solo run as late. Green Lanterns are best when they do team-up together. That was the best part of the franchise with rich history.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    I COMPLETELY AGREE WHOLEHEARTEDLY. I don't understand why DC only keep releasing solo run as late. Green Lanterns are best when they do team-up together. That was the best part of the franchise with rich history.
    DC seems to hate the idea of the GLC -- they keep dictating that they get destroyed, shunted to another dimension, etc. And it's not like it's like they have another plan for cosmic DC. Maybe they have bigger ideas about what the United Planets are up to, but I kinda doubt it.

BANNED

Hawkman and JSA stuff for sure.

Barry Allen in a regular capacity somewhere, but in addition to Wally's book, not as a replacement for it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    DC seems to hate the idea of the GLC -- they keep dictating that they get destroyed, shunted to another dimension, etc. And it's not like it's like they have another plan for cosmic DC. Maybe they have bigger ideas about what the United Planets are up to, but I kinda doubt it.
    Feels like any time they want the GLC to appear it has to be some threat that affects the entire GLC, or that the entire GLC is helpless to matter against anyway. The idea that smaller less GLC-shaking/destroying events could still be interesting or relevant to such a body doesn't seem to register, so it's, 'Oh, I guess we have to shake up everything / destroy them all, if we are going to take them out of their box.'

Which is a weird sort of logic, that an organization or world or large group only appears to die (and in events, to show off the large unstoppable scale of the latest event villain, who are all just pale imitations of the OG event villain, the Antimonitor, who they wish they were as memorable as).

My answer is the same as in every other thread like this for way too many years now:

Elongated Man.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    That DC finds the courage and reboots.

Brand New Earth - Fresh Start.

The old universe still exists...but cannot interact with the new Earth (maybe because the Spectre and Phantom Stranger won't allow interactions yet...upon orders from their superiors).

We will lose many characters...but we need refreshed characters.

Bonus: DC can review their mistakes for the past 5 decades and maybe make corrections. (They could...but they probably won't.)
    I am curious.

What would you see as the new status quo of the rebooted DCU? Currently, Superman just got all these Kryptonians added to his book. Is the Last Son of Krypton in this new verse?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    When you say "Cosmic DC", how are you defining that?

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Feels like any time they want the GLC to appear it has to be some threat that affects the entire GLC, or that the entire GLC is helpless to matter against anyway. The idea that smaller less GLC-shaking/destroying events could still be interesting or relevant to such a body doesn't seem to register, so it's, 'Oh, I guess we have to shake up everything / destroy them all, if we are going to take them out of their box.'

Which is a weird sort of logic, that an organization or world or large group only appears to die (and in events, to show off the large unstoppable scale of the latest event villain, who are all just pale imitations of the OG event villain, the Antimonitor, who they wish they were as memorable as).
    Well, one thing that would certainly help them is to not dilute the concept with a rainbow of still other Corps with each member now carrying around tech that is in the running for "the most powerful weapon in the universe".

I never understood why they just jettisoned DCs cosmic properties only to do a cut and paste of the GLCs but in rainbow.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Well, one thing that would certainly help them is to not dilute the concept with a rainbow of still other Corps with each member now carrying around tech that is in the running for "the most powerful weapon in the universe".

I never understood why they just jettisoned DCs cosmic properties only to do a cut and paste of the GLCs but in rainbow.
    The different colored rings would have felt more relevant to me if they had distinctive powers, and weren't just 'Green rings plus or minus something.' OTOH, I could see the problem making them distinctive when it had already been kind of established that the green rings could do pretty much *anything.*

As well, they run the risk of seeming like Infinity Stone knock-offs if they made one color deal with mental powers / enhancements / effects, and another with spacetime, etc. It would be more unique to have one be a 'summoning' ring that's all about A) teleporting and B) conjuring creatures, or another one based around magic, or yet another around some sort of super-nano-tech that expands into tech like a ship or giant mech or weapon-platform around the ring-bearer (like the sort of constructs Kyle liked to make, but actual physical constructs of metal / crystal, not 'hard light').

As it was, a half-dozen Lantern corps with construct-rings that didn't really have much to do with fear or rage (unless 'puke acid' is a metaphor for rage?) or serenity or love, was kind of 'eh.'

Fantastic Member

2024 marks the 30th anniversary of James Robinson's rightly acclaimed Starman/Jack Knight run. Let's see some anniversary celebrations of that milestone. And P.S. - Both Robinson and Tony Harris have been actively pitching a one-on/one-off Jack Knight special to DC for YEARS. Let's make it happen in 2024, DC!

Incredible Member

I would like for at least one POC solo animated movie. At least several reoccurring appearances of any of the newest POC created characters from this year. A Skyrocket appearance. A new book for DC's magic characters.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Another Swamp Thing book (could be a mini or whatever else, like JLD)

Kenan and Kon Super-team-up book

GL book with Jessica Cruz (I’m on board with everyone who mentioned an all inclusive GL book)

Power Girl back being… well, Power Girl (i.e., not Paige)

Monkey Prince (with cameos from Kara)

Supergirl ongoing

The next volume of The Last God

More WW Historia

A year without any (or even fewer?) event books, lol.
    Last edited by The Frog Bros; 11-29-2023 at 01:02 PM.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Kenan and Kon Super-team-up book
    Definitely, the two of them are, IMO, the best things to come out of the Super-family. Just a breath of fresh air. All the power, twice the attitude, and they play off each other nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    I would like for at least one POC solo animated movie. At least several reoccurring appearances of any of the newest POC created characters from this year. A Skyrocket appearance. A new book for DC's magic characters.
    Hell yes! Skyrocket, Striker Z, Witchfire and Josiah Power were great new characters from that Power Company series (and it made cool use of that particular Manhunter) and I'd love to see more of any or all of them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

I always preferred the GLC and Guardians as being these mysterious, vast things that you rarely see except for big events. In recent years, they've depicted it more as a common police/military precinct we'd have on Earth and the Guardians as corrupt or ridiculously naive and competent and it feels like they took these big cosmic ideas and made them just mundane and based on our own earthly institutions. I always feel like the idea comes off as pretty lackluster the more they overuse it and dumb it down to be basically military fiction with a sci-fi point job.