Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
    I don't think it has to do with 1 movie's quality, but it has been a long while and ppl finally got bored.
    Now that is different from your opening statement. Now you are saying it’s audience fatigue but before you were saying that Marvel somehow forgot how to make good movies. Let me guess, it’s both. They may as well cancel Deadpool 3 and just close up shop.

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    Now that is different from your opening statement. Now you are saying it’s audience fatigue but before you were saying that Marvel somehow forgot how to make good movies. Let me guess, it’s both. They may as well cancel Deadpool 3 and just close up shop.
    Not fatigue, but the audience were no longer buying the brand since few of the recent movies were really good.

Not fatigue, but the audience were no longer buying the brand since few of the recent movies were really good.
    NO, the brand does not have the IT factor that brings in non-fans. The Media and online hype has been MARVEL IS DOOMED!!! THE MARVELS IS TERRIBLE!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE MCU!!!
    If you were on the fence and saw those headlines, would you want to spend your money on something different?
    Barbie would have been a hit but it became a MEGA hit when the Media made a big deal out of Oppenheimer and Barbie and they even had a trending name! Barbenheimer. It was made to be a spectacle and people lapped it up. It gave them a reason to head to the movies in droves. Both movies on their own would have been hits BUT put them together and who would have guessed that they would be what they are now? I mean, come on, going to see both in the same day was trending.
    As for Mario, Nostalgia fueled that along with the fact it wasn't Disney and no one knew where or when it was going to end up on a streaming service.
    Make a Marvel movie that is MUST SEE and people will come back, even if it is mediocre...

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    NO, the brand does not have the IT factor that brings in non-fans. The Media and online hype has been MARVEL IS DOOMED!!! THE MARVELS IS TERRIBLE!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE MCU!!!
    If you were on the fence and saw those headlines, would you want to spend your money on something different?
    Barbie would have been a hit but it became a MEGA hit when the Media made a big deal out of Oppenheimer and Barbie and they even had a trending name! Barbenheimer. It was made to be a spectacle and people lapped it up. It gave them a reason to head to the movies in droves. Both movies on their own would have been hits BUT put them together and who would have guessed that they would be what they are now? I mean, come on, going to see both in the same day was trending.
    As for Mario, Nostalgia fueled that along with the fact it wasn't Disney and no one knew where or when it was going to end up on a streaming service.
    Make a Marvel movie that is MUST SEE and people will come back, even if it is mediocre...
    Flash got great media saying and we got...

Niffleheim

Flash got great media saying and we got...
    Court dates, choking, alleged cult leader and minors wont be neutralized by praise reviews from a scientologist and a horror novelist.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Court dates, choking, alleged cult leader and minors wont be neutralized by praise reviews from a scientologist and a horror novelist.
    While Marvels got a regular release, with talent from reputable and talented enough people, and for the top franchise in Hollywood. Yet people in the know already reported Marvels dropped worse than Alice in Wonderland's sequel, that's going to be in every reputable article from now on until the end of time.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    While Marvels got a regular release, with talent from reputable and talented enough people, and for the top franchise in Hollywood. Yet people in the know already reported Marvels dropped worse than Alice in Wonderland's sequel, that's going to be in every reputable article from now on until the end of time.
    It should be on record for how hard it has bombed on opening weekend in comparison to other MCU movies - it's a good record to cite especially driving traffic to their sites. Speaking of talent The Flash had more in comparison to two tv actors co-starring with Larson in The Marvels.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

I kind of hope the fact that they can use the X-Man now will revive it. But I think they need to abandon the one-liners and do some good stuff like the Spider-Man movies and Wakanda Forever.

Also, no matter what, let me live long enough to see a movie Dr. Doom that is reasonably a recognizable Dr. Doom.
    Power with Girl is better.

I think the good ones did okay. The ones that weren't so good could no longer ride on the wave of the growing Avengers/ Thanos story.
    Power with Girl is better.

Astonishing Member

It should be on record for how hard it has bombed on opening weekend in comparison to other MCU movies - it's a good record to cite especially driving traffic to their sites. Speaking of talent The Flash had more in comparison to two tv actors co-starring with Larson in The Marvels.
    What kept me frowning early enough about justifying the Marvels box office for another thing was the strikes circumstance. I noticed at least Brie Larson promoted the movie as soon as she was allowed to because the box office tracking sources I follow report that stuff right away, yet the movie had a full extra week to spread word of mouth (just ask Elemental about how well that can work out, Marvels is no Elemental, AT ALL), yet Marvels bombed historically bad this weekend, compared not just to the MCU. It gets worse if you keep sniffing around. Five Nights at Freddy's got a $80 million dollar opening weekend with zero star promotion anyone can go whoa about, just the star power of the brand. You'd think the brand power of the top superhero universe for a billion grossing sequel movie would be able to at least match a first time videogame adaptation, but nope. Hard Jordan Peele's levels of Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I think the good ones did okay. The ones that weren't so good could no longer ride on the wave of the growing Avengers/ Thanos story.
    Yeah the good ones could still fly, but bad ones can't rely on the brand anymore and ppl are getting tired of the formula

Niffleheim

What kept me frowning early enough about justifying the Marvels box office for another thing was the strikes circumstance. I noticed at least Brie Larson promoted the movie as soon as she was allowed to because the box office tracking sources I follow report that stuff right away, yet the movie had a full extra week to spread word of mouth (just ask Elemental about how well that can work out, Marvels is no Elemental, AT ALL), yet Marvels bombed historically bad this weekend, compared not just to the MCU. It gets worse if you keep sniffing around. Five Nights at Freddy's got a $80 million dollar opening weekend with zero star promotion anyone can go whoa about, just the star power of the brand. You'd think the brand power of the top superhero universe for a billion grossing sequel movie would be able to at least match a first time videogame adaptation, but nope. Hard Jordan Peele's levels of Nope.
    Five Nights at Freddy is an IP that was made cheap and has an in-built fanbase that was engaged enough to want to see it. Ant-Man and the Wasp has always been my least favorite franchise but the second and third movies were able to manage $75m and $104m opening weekends but The Marvels couldn't match either. That only tells me that the issue isn't entirely about the brand but it is about The Marvels and the MCU fanbase lack of interest to want to watch it. However the dent on the brand I think has been inflcted most by Disney+ than the brand power waning

You'd think the brand power of the top superhero universe for a billion grossing sequel movie would be able to at least match a first time videogame adaptation, but nope. Hard Jordan Peele's levels of Nope.
    That Is not a standard it's only applicable to Iron Man movies or Iron Man teaming up with Cap.
    Last edited by Tofali; 11-20-2023 at 05:31 PM.

Astonishing Member

Five Nights at Freddy is an IP that was made cheap and has an in-built fanbase that was engaged enough to want to see it. Ant-Man and the Wasp has always been my least favorite franchise but the second and third movies were able to manage $75m and $104m opening weekends but The Marvels couldn't match either. That only tells me that the issue isn't entirely about the brand but it is about The Marvels and the MCU fanbase lack of interest to want to watch it. However the dent on the brand I think has been inflcted most by Disney+ than the brand power waning

That Is not a standard it's only applicable to Iron Man movies or Iron Man teaming up with Cap.
    You forgot Spider-Man No Way Home, you forgot throwing salt at the wounds of Sony still holding the Spider-Man rights, which as recently as, in addition, Venom and Spider-Verse movies, keeps throwing salt at stuff like Marvels, like Art the clown throwing salt in a certain infamous scene if you watch beyond-the-pale-horror movies that also happen to have a bigger margin of profit than Marvels. What with having 3 confirmed sequels and all.
    Last edited by Wildling; 11-20-2023 at 05:42 PM.

Niffleheim

You forgot Spider-Man No Way Home, you forgot throwing salt at the wounds of Sony still holding the Spider-Man rights, which as recently as, in addition, Venom and Spider-Verse movies, keeps throwing salt at stuff like Marvels, like Art the clown throwing salt in a certain infamous scene if you watch beyond-the-pale-horror movies that also happen to have a bigger margin of profit than Marvels. What with having 3 confirmed sequels and all.
    All true they're stinking up the place lol! tbh Spidey movies escapes me bc I've never watched the new trilogy, it skews too young for me and I've only watched Venom first movie and I can't for the life me see myself ever watching any SSU movies ever again. I'm not into 90s to '00s superhero movie aesthetics.

Astonishing Member

All true they're stinking up the place lol! tbh Spidey movies escapes me bc I've never watched the new trilogy, it skews too young for me and I've only watched Venom first movie and I can't for the life me see myself ever watching any SSU movies ever again. I'm not into 90s to '00s superhero movie aesthetics.
    Venom 2 did hugely by comparison to Marvels in the middle of the pandemic and without a China release. Free Guy in the middle of the pandemic made more than Marvels, and it was probably a pioneer about showing how at least movies based on videogame stuff could make more than superhero movies. And starring Ryan Reynolds no less, who is expected to keep the MCU afloat for at least another year.

Marvels is more of a disaster if anyone has to keep asking or poking about it.