Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Default Marvel should get the rights to Supreme & Youngblood

Here are my reasons why Marvel/Disney should get the rights to Supreme & Youngblood agree or disagree feel free:
    A)Supreme is ten times better than Sentry & be a great addition to the Avengers

B)Badrock would be great in his own Disney cartoon or Series

C)Youngblood would be perfect as a government superteam that's a part of SHIELD especially with the way the X-books are being written

D) Ben Grimm & Badrock do Ancestry.com thus find out they're related
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Seems like a lot of potential hassle for a lot of "Maybe..." as far as what Marvel stands to get out of the deal.

Who owns them currently?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Who owns them currently?
    How much time do you have...

If you think who actually owned the rights to the "Friday The 13th..." IP back before they got it sorted?

You'll be in the ballpark.

If there's legal complications nobody's buying them any time soon!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Did Rev lose the rights?

Ultimate Member

Given Rob's utterly lack of creativity, doesn't Marvel functionally own half of them anyways?

Marvel doesn't even do anything with ultraverse or men in black. Why would you want them to buy another hero to never use.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Marvel doesn't even do anything with ultraverse or men in black. Why would you want them to buy another hero to never use.
    Marvel has hundreds of characters that they invented themselves and don't have much bandwidth for. Seems kind of pointless to add yet more to the stable, when they've already got so much more on their plate than they can eat.

And the way DC is (not) using the various great characters from Wildstorm is hardly inspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Britain of Earth 20 View Post
    Here are my reasons why Marvel/Disney should get the rights to Supreme & Youngblood agree or disagree feel free:

C)Youngblood would be perfect as a government superteam that's a part of SHIELD especially with the way the X-books are being written

1000% agree with you, that will give Marvel also a sort a Superman family but also a Wonder Woman clone with Glory, they could add Angela and Miracle Man and they will have a very good "Image" team or Universe, like you write that could create various different interaction with Marvel characters, Liefield continue to work time to time with Marvel, I think he have a good relationship with them, so that could be a strong possibility, the rights for these characters are owned by Liefield studio, in the same way that Wildstorm characters were owned by Jim Lee, I don't see where there are problems with these rights, except I have missed some news ? for What I have seen they are the property of Liefield, about this subject Marvel has some problems with Malibu comics for a very long time, they really should deal with that.

Young Blood and X-force could be very cool too, I think Marvel really need new characters like them, that would be cool if they try to purchase Top Cow characters too.
    Last edited by Bolo; 11-19-2023 at 06:19 AM.

As a fan of Young Avengers, Young Justice, and teenage/young superhero teams in general that "Youngblood" sounds interesting. What's it about and who are the members?

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    How much time do you have...

If you think who actually owned the rights to the "Friday The 13th..." IP back before they got it sorted?

You'll be in the ballpark.
    I don't think it's anywhere near as complicated as that or say Miracleman back in the day. This Bleeding Cool article quoting Rob Liefeld directly summarizes it all pretty neatly but basically Scott Rosenberg (founder of Malibu and CEO of Platinum Studios) owns the rights to Supreme and Youngblood since 1999.

He continued to license the publishing rights to Liefeld himself for about two decades until around 2018 when he sold them to Andrew Rev of Terrific Comics "fame", who ended up never publishing a single book until the rights reverted back to Rosenberg. This is where we currently stand... until a publisher licenses the comics rights again from him or someone buys the IP's outright.

There was talk of a Youngblood movie/show a few years back with Netflix which Liefeld himself killed - we never learned what that entailed exactly but I do see the potential of mirroring The Boys and Homelander with Youngblood and Supreme.

And it's appropriate to mention this situation in conjunction with Marvel's treatment of the Ultraverse properties since it's understood that Marvel hasn't been doing anything with those specifically so they don't have to deal with Scott Rosenberg, so I don't see any chance of them being interested in Youngblood and Supreme given his involvement.

There was a younglood cartoon pilot for fox kids made but never picked up also.

And it's appropriate to mention this situation in conjunction with Marvel's treatment of the Ultraverse properties since it's understood that Marvel hasn't been doing anything with those specifically so they don't have to deal with Scott Rosenberg, so I don't see any chance of them being interested in Youngblood and Supreme given his involvement.
    There have been a few troublemakers but marvel stills uses the heroes they made. Multiple former ultraverse creators has said marvel has 100% ownership of them and just does not give a crap to use them like the other comic company they sat on for decades before putting trades out to keep copywrites.

Less trouble and more that they just don't care.

The one big snag was nightman with his rights in red tape from the tv show but that was decades ago.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 11-19-2023 at 08:21 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Britain of Earth 20 View Post

Marvel needs to worry about who they already own.

While those guys like the Wildstorm guys held books and had better runs that a LOT of Marvel and DC folks-the MOMENT that DC or Marvel banner hits a Youngblood book-

Some of the same folks who take issue with POC, LBGTQA+, certain females and other heroes getting minis, one shots and ongoings will take issue with Youngblood and Supreme getting books over who they think should only have them.

Folks forget Stormwatch held a bunch of runs.
    Midnighter one of the few successful LBGTQA+ males with solo runs.
    Gen 13 held runs longer than Young Justice, Gen X and Young Avengers.
    Yet some will view them as charity cases that are a waste of money or threats to what they like.

How many Youngblood folks would be underdeveloped? Would Chapel be a tenth of what he was at Image at Marvel?

Remember Youngblood and all those others worked because they were NOT being held hostage in universe infested with Batman, Superman, WW, Peter Parker and X-Men. They were in universes where they HAD to be center and be better developed in order to sell.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    This. Exactly this. Can’t forget CrossGen or Miracle Man either.