Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Frozen franchise is expanding beyond movies. Recently they opened a new attraction based on the franchise in Hong Kong Disneyland. It opened to the public on November 20.

https://tdrexplorer.com/arendelle-th...ng-disneyland/

https://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/202311/9894/

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
    Not when your plot and story is keep going down. Characters would be ruined in a matter of time if you can't offer good story for their development.
    I hear ya...Look at Fast X. Barely topped 700Million World Wide...Why make another one with those numbers...

Not when your plot and story is keep going down. Characters would be ruined in a matter of time if you can't offer good story for their development.
    In this case I think the Frozen team realizes their error. You can't rely on sales or fanboys online to tell you when you are screwing up. Bad theater attendance is what you end up with long after you have refused to change course with a once very successful franchise.

I knew for instance the MCU was screwing up since their Endgame/post Endgame planning. But, I have avoided saying much because I knew the MCU fanboys would treat any criticism of their direction as a personal attack on the MCU. Only now are they willing to 'allow' the slightest criticism of the direction and frankly its too late the sky already fell and general audiences have tuned them out and they will have major trouble getting audiences back.

The MCU fans could rely on for quite sometime mega film receipts that were turning the audience off to shut down any debate about the direction and choices. The same happened with Frozen 2.

There is a difference here though. The creative team had a few years to think about Frozen 2 and I think they have probably come to the right conclusions that Elsa has had too much of her grounding removed and frankly the small compact family story in Frozen 1 is much more the direction to return to in future films.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-30-2023 at 04:13 AM.

By the time Frozen 3 and 4 movie production is finished, should the audiences get tired of the franchise and experience franchise fatigue?

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    In this case I think the Frozen team realizes their error. You can't rely on sales or fanboys online to tell you when you are screwing up. Bad theater attendance is what you end up with long after you have refused to change course with a once very successful franchise.

I knew for instance the MCU was screwing up since their Endgame/post Endgame planning. But, I have avoided saying much because I knew the MCU fanboys would treat any criticism of their direction as a personal attack on the MCU. Only now are they willing to 'allow' the slightest criticism of the direction and frankly its too late the sky already fell and general audiences have tuned them out and they will have major trouble getting audiences back.

The MCU fans could rely on for quite sometime mega film receipts that were turning the audience off to shut down any debate about the direction and choices. The same happened with Frozen 2.

There is a difference here though. The creative team had a few years to think about Frozen 2 and I think they have probably come to the right conclusions that Elsa has had too much of her grounding removed and frankly the small compact family story in Frozen 1 is much more the direction to return to in future films.
    I hope so.

I hope so.
    Their recient comics I think hint at the possible direction meaning conflict with the Southern Isles.

Last edited by jmc247; 11-30-2023 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post

As the plot of Frozen 1 was about Elsa & Anna getting over their childhood traumas, it would be quite difficult to come up with a new story based upon same ideas. Clearly the way forward is exploring the in-story universe, however it is done.
    Also, I feel that comparison between MCU and Frozen franchise is misguided. Frozen has had TWO feature films, MCU over 30. Success of MCU is mostly about repeating same, very successful formula, or 'feel' those films evoke, a careful meeting of light-hearted and serious. Most of the MCU characters are not particularly interesting, and the villains are often extremely bland. Popularity of Frozen, by contrast, rests mostly upon character of Elsa, and to lesser degree, Anna. Whatever complaints (many legit) people had about plot of Frozen 2, the most important thing - Elsa - was nevertheless done right. She was still very recognizable: powerful yet fragile, charismatic yet introverted, magical yet damaged, and ever so slightly self-absorbed. That is what fanbase goes to watch, all the rest is just bonus. As long as they don't screw up Elsa's character, and give her 1 or 2 epics to sing, dollars will flow in.