Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default "Return of the Goblin" kicks off in Amazing Spider-Man # 50 by Wells and Stegman

Marvel released info on their Free Comic Book Day issues.
    https://www.gamesradar.com/did-marve...ce=twitter.com

Marvel's other FCBD 2024 flagship title is Spider-Man and the Ultimate Universe. In the Spider-Man potion, writer Zeb Wells and artist Ryan Stegman (who also provides the cover) offering up an early look at the story 'The Return of the Goblin,' which will apparently kick off in Amazing Spider-Man #50. Marvel promises some "surprises up our sleeves on this one."
    I know it's inevitable, but I wanted Norman Osborn to stay a good guy. It's important for all the times Spider-Man saves the bad guy's life that it can lead to good things.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Marvel released info on their Free Comic Book Day issues.
    https://www.gamesradar.com/did-marve...ce=twitter.com

I know it's inevitable, but I wanted Norman Osborn to stay a good guy. It's important for all the times Spider-Man saves the bad guy's life that it can lead to good things.
    Yeah, the good guy Norman Osborn was definitely a nice change of pace and I have enjoyed it!

Hopefully, his return to goblin-mode will be lead to a story we haven't seen before.

Ooo stegman on art that’s great. as for the return of goblin that’s inevitable just wondering what major thing Norman will do to Peter next
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Mighty Member

On the one hand, I liked the current status quo. On the other hand, I wouldn't hate it if they just decided that right around every "issue 50" they needed to have a story called "Return of the Goblin" and they had to build the story around it. I'm still disappointed that Dan Slott had two opportunities (600 and 800) to follow up on Aunt May dying just before ASM 200 and dying in ASM 400 and didn't even get close to knocking her off again. Traditions are important!
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member

Hopefully, it's the final arc of this run.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Hopefully, it's the final arc of this run.
    After Gang War, there are three outstanding plotlines left in this run. Norman is one of them.

Another major plotline revolves around Ben Reilly.

And the other major plotline is MJ.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    After Gang War, there are three outstanding plotlines left in this run. Norman is one of them.

Gang War ends with #44. That gives them plenty of space to resolve at least one of those two before #50. I imagine, and this is just a guess, that Norman's return will be part of the resolution to the other one (e.g. Norman kills Paul; Norman completely succumbs to his sins trying to revive Ben's memories; Norman and Rek-Rap team up and take over Hell, expelling Ben and accidentally curing him, thus securing Ben's arc as the lamest, least-character driven fall and rise in comics history)
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Incredible Member

Honestly, Attempting to be “good guy” Norman was the only thing about this run I liked (granted I dropped it after Dark Web). If they are going this route, maybe they’ll adapt Norman like SatAM/Movie version where there are two conflicting personalities fighting over control of one body.

That said, I’d like to see Ben get some real revenge for Norman killing him back in PP:SM issue 75. I feel that he didn’t get enough blows in.

Astonishing Member

Goblin arc can easily include all of that. Norman is definitely going to target MJ and she will fight him as Jackpot.
    Not sure about Ben, but I can see him also playing a role.

Well, the writing was kind of on the wall.

I've always found "good" Norman forced and not believable, especially other characters' response to it, so I personally won't miss it.

There's also Ned/Hobgoblin and the Queen Goblin stuff with Kafka.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There's also Ned/Hobgoblin and the Queen Goblin stuff with Kafka.
    The Kafka plot feels like it's tied to Norman. The Ned/Hobgoblin stuff is also tied to Kafka, but it might end up separated.

I really do wish more Spider-Man villains would legit turn their lives around. It sucks having redemption stories that don't actually end with redemption. Sandman was an Avenger once, folks! An AVENGER!

At least Venom's doing alright these days (knock on wood).
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post

I really do wish more Spider-Man villains would legit turn their lives around. It sucks having redemption stories that don't actually end with redemption. Sandman was an Avenger once, folks! An AVENGER!

At least Venom's doing alright these days (knock on wood).
    Rhino's been pretty chill lately outside getting brainwashed by Orchis. Flint's pretty confused in his last appearance.

The Green Goblin just feels like a weird "he's totally worth redeeming!" hill to die on. So is Otto in my opinion.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

And the reward for the most predictable storyline ever goes to..

Wasn't that also the plot of the last #50 too? Although in that case it was him returning to "basic" Green Goblin after being Gobling King/Red Goblin/Cletus's mind/Ravencroft head for a few years I think.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth