Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I want to see Paper Doll again.
    Paper Doll was a great character… ironically placed in a pretty terrible Spidey arc, at least from the standpoint of Peter’s characterization (he willingly became a paparazzi). But I love Paperdoll herself. If any character deserves to pop up again, it’s her.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    phil was killed in red goblin issue 8
    Again? Oh well, he’ll be back. Marvel death is more of a joke than it is in Dragonball Z nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    phil was killed in red goblin issue 8
    Seriously? The hell was even the point of bringing him back then?

Honestly, I never bought into the idea of Norman Osborn's "redemption", in the first place. No other villain has caused Peter as much direct pain as Norman has, they should always be nothing but enemies to one another. If the notion is "Well, Norman's played out as a Spider-Man villain", then have him go cause chaos with another superhero or just simply don't use him at all. But shoehorning Norman as Spider-Man's pal is about as asinine as having Bullseye play that role with Daredevil. The way I see it, it only makes sense to redeem some of the villains that haven't caused Spider-Man as much personal strife. For an example, I would've had no problem with Boomerang doing a complete 180.

Truth be told, there's plenty of C and D list villains that could be contenders especially since many of them are barely used as antagonists to begin with. But with Norman Osborn? No, he's Spider-Man's greatest foe for a reason and that outweighs everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    Honestly, I never bought into the idea of Norman Osborn's "redemption", in the first place. No other villain has caused Peter as much direct pain as Norman has, they should always be nothing but enemies to one another.
    But he was like a father to him, even if it has never been said, shown or stated. At least according to Wells.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    "Well, Norman's played out as a Spider-Man villain"
    Cheap excuse, as usual with this run.

Quote Originally Posted by ImOctavius View Post
    But he was like a father to him, even if it has never been said, shown or stated. At least according to Wells.
    Peter is clearly referrring to the time that Norman, like Richard Parker, was dead.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

So Amazing #50 will be legacy #944. Maybe this story ends in legacy #950 and that's the end of Wells run??

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Seriously? The hell was even the point of bringing him back then?
    To be a villain for Normie
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Spectacular Member 9AlphaOmega1's Avatar

After years of Goblin stories, every time they try headlines one I would skip it because I would fine no interest, just like upcoming Joker story, do not care.

But saying that the Goblin in 6160 Ultimate Spider-Man does interest me, do wished Hickman saved it for later.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty_Boys View Post
    So Amazing #50 will be legacy #944. Maybe this story ends in legacy #950 and that's the end of Wells run??
    The solicitations for Amazing Spider-Man #35 promised to set up the next 24 issues of Spider-Man titles.

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-comics-oc...solicitations/

So that suggests he's on until at least #59/ 60, and that the current stories are going up until then. But he could be kicking off the final part of that arc with Amazing Spider-Man #56/ 950. Double-sized Part 1s are decent entry points.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The solicitations for Amazing Spider-Man #35 promised to set up the next 24 issues of Spider-Man titles.

So that suggests he's on until at least #59/ 60, and that the current stories are going up until then. But he could be kicking off the final part of that arc with Amazing Spider-Man #56/ 950. Double-sized Part 1s are decent entry points.
    Spidey + Chasm vs Storming Norman in the finale!

(source: I'm down with a cold and seeing stars)

Astonishing Member

Too bad the Goblin is back. But you know? Maybe Norman is NOT conscious of this.

I mean, sure, all seems to aim in that direction, but how about an unexpected twist here? I mean, what if Norman has something like Dr Jeckyll and Mr Hyde? Meaning Norman doesn't realize the Goblin takes over when he's sleep. Or there's also the "clone way", which might give us a way for Good Norman facing the Green Goblin at last, face to face.

Extraordinary Member

I know it was just a matter of time...but I wish they had shuffled Norman off into the sunset and created a new GG.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

The math tells me that Wells will remain on Amazing for at least another year. It will be interesting to see which comic sells more: 1: Return of the Goblin. 2: Hickmsn’s Uñtimate when they are up against each other: My betting is Hickman.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Alas, yeah.
    good. one less goblin to deal with.

Where is the son of Gwen and Norman at?