Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    good. one less goblin to deal with.

Where is the son of Gwen and Norman at?
    hes dead remember he was one of the kindred clones
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    The math tells me that Wells will remain on Amazing for at least another year. It will be interesting to see which comic sells more: 1: Return of the Goblin. 2: Hickmsn’s Uñtimate when they are up against each other: My betting is Hickman.
    My guess is Hickman and Checchetto's first issue sells better. It's likely to be #1 that month.

I think the month Amazing Spider-Man #50 ships it will top Ultimate Spider-Man.

My guess is that the Wells Amazing Spider-Man will typically outsell Ultimate Spider-Man.

February will see the release of Ultimate Spider-Man #2 and Amazing Spider-Man #43-44.

May would likely see the release of Ultimate Spider-Man #5 and Amazing Spider-Man #49-50.

I think the best-selling ongoing title is going to consistently beat Ultimate Spider-Man it from April 2024 on.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Fantastic Member

Eh, honestly, I wish they'd off Norman again and make Hobgoblin the main Goblin once more. Nothing against Norman, but... I don't see much left for him to do.

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    Eh, honestly, I wish they'd off Norman again and make Hobgoblin the main Goblin once more. Nothing against Norman, but... I don't see much left for him to do.
    speaking of hobgoblin I just read hobgoblin lives and I'm going to honest I don't like how Rodrick Kingsley is the true hobgoblin.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    speaking of hobgoblin I just read hobgoblin lives and I'm going to honest I don't like how Rodrick Kingsley is the true hobgoblin.
    I had no issue with Roddy being the Hobgoblin myself. I imagine it would've gone over better if Stern had been able to complete the story before leaving ASM.
    Last edited by t-spider; 12-01-2023 at 02:03 PM.

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    I think he can still be an interesting charcter, if he hasn't completely reverted back to who he was before his sins were cleansed. I want to see him still feel the guilt, struggle against the "goblin" personna. Maybe he still fails, but at lease keep it interesting.

The thing that fascinates me about Norman, and similarly Otto, is when they do good, you see what they could have been. Peter is aware of this as well, and it adds another element of tragedy to their stories.

I think for a good story the villains should be as compelling as the heroes, like Magneto, Doom, etc. Otherwise it's just Spidey vs. villain from column A or B this week.

To be honest it would be interesting to discuss who is the "true" Norman Osbron because his sinless persona may as well be yet another alternate personality next to the Goblin.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    I think he can still be an interesting charcter, if he hasn't completely reverted back to who he was before his sins were cleansed. I want to see him still feel the guilt, struggle against the "goblin" personna. Maybe he still fails, but at lease keep it interesting.

The thing that fascinates me about Norman, and similarly Otto, is when they do good, you see what they could have been. Peter is aware of this as well, and it adds another element of tragedy to their stories.

I think for a good story the villains should be as compelling as the heroes, like Magneto, Doom, etc. Otherwise it's just Spidey vs. villain from column A or B this week.
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be honest it would be interesting to discuss who is the "true" Norman Osbron because his sinless persona may as well be yet another alternate personality next to the Goblin.
    Yeah, that would be an interesting discussion to have.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Marvel calling it "Return of the Goblin" and not being specific if it's Green Goblin means something's up.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Marvel calling it "Return of the Goblin" and not being specific if it's Green Goblin means something's up.
    I thought the same thing, but there's no way to predict what Marvel in planning to do. Especially when it doesn't stop playing with us.

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

Pretty much what I said about two pages back; I don't think it's going to be as cut and dry as the title would have us believe.

Well, they still need to resolve some Kafka/Hobgoblin stuff too.

BANNED

Me either. Kingsley always feels like such a generic "evil businessman" character and isn't a very interesting reveal. I always found Macendale to be a more interesting character that provided more of a contrast from the Osborns. He was this tough ex-military guy turned professional killer/gangster, which was made him different from the Green Goblins. Even Ned Leeds was a more interesting character. Hobgoblin himself was great. He was cunning and formidable, but it being Kingsley was so underwhelming.

Astonishing Member

Me neither. I was never a big fan of Kingsley. I thought he was a generic Diet Osborn, and the twist with his brother Daniel was just dumb.

The Ned Leeds reveal back in the 80s may have been botched but his tragic legacy and how it impacted Betty made for some good stories in the early 90s, and it was a shame to do away with that.

I like Kingsley for how he contrasts with Norman and can be a little more crafty/cowardly and always out to make a buck rather than for personal Supervillain reasons.