Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default What book's cancellation hit you the hardest?

There's some books that I just love and it bums me out when Marvel cancels them. My top ten are

1. All-New X-Factor (2014)
    2. Gambit (3rd Ongoing 2012)
    3. Gambit (1st Ongoing 1999)
    4. Mr and Mrs X
    5. Runaways (5th Series 2017)
    6. Generation X (1st Series)
    7. Guardians of the Galaxy (2nd Series 2008)
    8. Gambit (2nd Ongoing 2004)
    9. Mutant X (1st Series)
    10. Hellions (2020)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nopozyzy View Post
    There's some books that I just love and it bums me out when Marvel cancels them. My top ten are

4. Mr and Mrs X
    9. Mutant X (1st Series)
    10. Hellions (2020)
    Nine and ten on your list

Quote Originally Posted by Nopozyzy View Post

4. Mr and Mrs X
    9. Mutant X (1st Series)
    10. Hellions (2020)
    Almost all of your list but 3 and 1 reversed, and Hellions much higher up.

I wish they kept the leather era a bit longer, but obviously Morrison left the title and it wasn't cancelled.

Generation X vol 1

Emma Frost vol 1 - The once promised Morrison series turned origin mini by another writer. We see early family live but I would have loved to see more of her transition into Hellfire (nonstripper related).

New X-Men - Post Messiah Complex into Young X-Men

Sina Grace's Iceman (*wishing hard print of LV's Unlimited mini*)
    Generation X vol 2

Hellions feels like a great one and done of the era and the stories do continue via Dark Web/X-Men, SoS, and Sabretooth and the Exiles. But it certainly could have gone longer if Wells had it in him.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I wish they kept the leather era a bit longer, but obviously Morrison left the title and it wasn't cancelled.

Generation X vol 1

Emma Frost vol 1 - The once promised Morrison series turned origin mini by another writer. We see early family live but I would have loved to see more of her transition into Hellfire (nonstripper related).

New X-Men - Post Messiah Complex into Young X-Men

Sina Grace's Iceman (*wishing hard print of LV's Unlimited mini*)
    Generation X vol 2

Hellions feels like a great one and done of the era and the stories do continue via Dark Web/X-Men, SoS, and Sabretooth and the Exiles. But it certainly could have gone longer if Wells had it in him.
    Well the Spider fans aren't feeling him so maybe he will return to an office (X-office)and title (Hellions) where he was held in great regards. Wells with the rebranded Dark X-Men cast or heck call them Dark X-Men of Alex, Maddy, Warren, Remy and Gimmick along with maybe Bishop taking the Greycrow position and Kwannon would be a banger. Maybe give them tension with X-Force.

1. Mr and Mrs X
    2. Hellions (2020)
    3. All-New X-Factor (2014)
    4. Runaways (5th Series 2017)

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

New X-Men post-Messiah Complex, inexplicably cancelled at the height of their creative run and popularity, to make room for the forgettable Young X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    New X-Men post-Messiah Complex, inexplicably cancelled at the height of their creative run and popularity, to make room for the forgettable Young X-Men.
    This right here.

This so much. One of the worst decisions the X-Office ever made.

Same. The first arc was terrible, but it quickly improved and when the series was at its best level, when the team was officially formed... Bam!
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

I think in the last years Williams's X factor. Not only because of the untold stories and the team but also the way it was done was just awful.

1. X-man. It ended perfectly so kudos to them for sticking the landing. Still this run was at an all time high and could have kept going. Nate more or less disappeared after this and to me he never really returned.
    2. Gambit (1999). Redefined Remy for many readers. Should lasted twice as long as it did.
    3. Spider-man loves Mary-Jane. A delight to read. I think this is the best version of High School Peter Parker for me.
    4. Mr and Mrs X. The first arc was good but it only got better after that and sadly we never will experience how good it might get.
    5. Gambit (2012). Asmus got Remy and this run was quality. To bad marvel didn't let him use the expensive toys, not even Black Cat.

... Probably more stuff but it escapes my mind atm.

Generation X (Vol. 1)
    Excalibur (Vol. 1)
    S.W.O.R.D.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    1. X-man. It ended perfectly so kudos to them for sticking the landing. Still this run was at an all time high and could have kept going. Nate more or less disappeared after this and to me he never really returned. (...)
    It's rather fascinating how a character who seemingly successfully managed to carry a solo series for 75 issues, something even many of the A-list X-men could only dream of, would disappear so severely from relevance and become almost forgotten.

Even Dazzler, who only carried 45 issues and has not managed to be a permanent team member since the 80's, is much more present both in the books and the fans minds.

A case of "you had to be there to understand" perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    It's rather fascinating how a character who seemingly successfully managed to carry a solo series for 75 issues, something even many of the A-list X-men could only dream of, would disappear so severely from relevance and become almost forgotten.

Even Dazzler, who only carried 45 issues and has not managed to be a permanent team member since the 80's, is much more present both in the books and the fans minds.

A case of "you had to be there to understand" perhaps?
    I have no perfect reasoning. I think it's a combination of Nate having few ties to the rest of the Marvel universe. Him being a counterpart to Cable. Not the same, but not different enough to stick out in the eyes of the average reader.
    Add to that his powerlevels were at a peak when he "died" and marvels reluctancy to deal with heroes this powerful. In that sense Hickmans omega era would have been perfect. A good chance for him to stretch his legs against some larger then life threats.

Cable was allowed to use his powers more after Nate died but never to the level Nate was as Shaman.

Maybe Nate also suffers from this 90*s distaste. He might be lumped into that the same way even Cable(who's ongoing reached even higher numbers) has suffered for being associated with that era.

EDIT: Both X-man and Gambit was cancleled not due to low numbers but due to Quesada(who had just become EIC) thought the line was to big. That all these solo's diluted the line.
    Last edited by Malachi; 11-20-2023 at 07:22 AM.