Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

X-Men: Hidden Years.
    As far as I can recall, it wasn't cancelled because it was a selling failure, but because of a relaunch of the X-Corner.

(I would also say X-Corp, but "hit you the hardest" it did not)
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    New X-Men post-Messiah Complex, inexplicably cancelled at the height of their creative run and popularity, to make room for the forgettable Young X-Men.
    So much this.

Neither were "Cancellations" per se but when Alan Davis was booted(?) from Excalibur, and Nicezia from X-force back in the day, in both instances it felt like they were trying to fix something that wasn't broken, and I don't understand it any better now.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Well said.

A shame that they pinpoint him like that. For some characters there are no road maps for the future. They just default into aspects as you say. At least when a character has an ongoing they also have to keep the "Keep telling stories" card into play as well. An ongoing is like a shark, it can't stop swimming. So they can't default the way they do because defaulting means a stop for swimming.
    Yep. Just make him the X-men's resident "telepathic soldier-messiah" and give him a team again too. Don't care if he's back in the saddle leading X-Force or on an X-men team led by Ororo, his father, Rogue, etc. Let him travel the globe doing what telepathic soldier-messiahs do, interacting with the broader Marvel U, and the rest will take care of itself.

Uncanny X-Force. Wasn’t really cancelled, the story just concluded.
    Ultimate X-Men vol 1. This is pre Ultimatum UXM. This did get cancelled basically because the next volume was completely different in tone and direction.

Those 2 are series I re read often.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Krakoa-era X-Factor. Just disrespect to the creators and readers.
    New X-Men: Academy X. The creators moving on to X-Force was really the beginning of the end for that generation of mutants.

Honorable mention:
    Alan Davis's removal from Excalibur took all the charm from the book.
    Greg Rucka leaving the Cyclops solo.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MythicalChicken View Post
    So much this.

Neither were "Cancellations" per se but when Alan Davis was booted(?) from Excalibur, and Nicezia from X-force back in the day, in both instances it felt like they were trying to fix something that wasn't broken, and I don't understand it any better now.
    I think they were trying to make Excalibur more of an X-Book, which once you get down to it really wasn't.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I think they were trying to make Excalibur more of an X-Book, which once you get down to it really wasn't.
    Even back then the dip in quality was painful.

The latest Excalibur cancellation was also disappointing. I mean, the book under Tini Howard wasn't good, but the concept and IP deserved a better chance. The writer was the biggest problem the book had, but they cancelled Excalibur and gave her two other minis that did even worse.
    I think teams like Excalibur, X-factor and X-force should always be around. They're some of the X-line's strongest IPs, so if they're not able to stay afloat, editors should probably rethink their directions/cast/creative teams instead of outright cancelling them.
    A strong X-line has strong ancillary X-teams.

Fantastic Member

Like already said,
    All-new X-factor
    Gambit (2012)

I would also add
    Cable and X-force by Hopeless
    Gillrn'd Uncanny X-men
    X-force by Spurrier
    And though it was never announced, the Moira X book we would have gotten early into Krakoa Era.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Uncanny X-Force. Wasn’t really cancelled, the story just concluded.
    Ultimate X-Men vol 1. This is pre Ultimatum UXM. This did get cancelled basically because the next volume was completely different in tone and direction.

Those 2 are series I re read often.
    and I feel like they wanted it to end at issue #100, but the thing that stings is that the X-line floundered while Loeb was doing his damndest in destroying the Ultimate Line.

It wasn't till Spencer and Wood took over that we had a semblance of the X-Men in the Ultimate Universe before that you just had Bendis' Ultimate Spidey with Bobby and some others living with Peter

Out of X-titles? Probably just Emma Frost (which initially sold very well) and Excalibur vol 1.

Out of all Marvel titles, the cancelation of Star Wars, Transformers and G.I. Joe kind of signified the end of childhood.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Chris Claremont's Nightcrawler. It was just a really fun book.

Generation X (Vol. 1)

X-Factor (PAD)

Cable & Deadpool
    Formerly known as Don't pee in the (Dead)pool...

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    New X-Men post-Messiah Complex, inexplicably cancelled at the height of their creative run and popularity, to make room for the forgettable Young X-Men.
    /thread basically

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    and I feel like they wanted it to end at issue #100, but the thing that stings is that the X-line floundered while Loeb was doing his damndest in destroying the Ultimate Line.

It wasn't till Spencer and Wood took over that we had a semblance of the X-Men in the Ultimate Universe before that you just had Bendis' Ultimate Spidey with Bobby and some others living with Peter
    Yeah Spencer and Wood did a good job post Ultimatum. I didn’t love Loeb’s Ultimate X, especially considering what he did with Ultimatum.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.