Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default X-Men Monday with Chris Claremont

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/11/20/x-...t-wolverine-2/

Solid interview that talks about his new mini series Wolverine: Madripoor Nights. There is also some preview art and the cover for issue 2. Fair warning CC comes off a bit as a cranky old man when talking about other creators work lol. He makes it pretty obvious he wants no part of the Krakoa era too.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Bummed Claremont didn't want to write in the Krakoan era. I actually thought his X-Treme X-Men and Uncanny Reloaded run were great. Whereas X-Men Forever (the OG) was "Claremont's" continuity which went off the rails a bit; it would have been nice for him to add his touch on this era. I'd love to see him redeem Moira after this era.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

What’s the continuity problem with Kitty that the fans wouldn’t let him fix?

Also, I’m still bothered when people call Rogue Anna-Marie - she literally came up with it on the spot as a fake name.

Astonishing Member

I mean, all due respect to Claremont but he quite literally had Rogue using Anna-Marie as her name used by family and friends in stuff like X-Men The End lol, so it does seem a bit weird to act like that was totally something other creators did and he had nothing to do with it. But whatevs.

In fact it was him who used Anna as Rogue's name for the first time in Xtreme-X-men.

Every day I'm more and more convinced that Claremont has memory problems. Lol Either that or it bothers him so much that others write his characters that he contradicts himself, thinking it's up to other authors.
    Last edited by Ilargi; 11-21-2023 at 12:23 AM.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I mean, all due respect to Claremont but he quite literally had Rogue using Anna-Marie as her name used by family and friends in stuff like X-Men The End lol, so it does seem a bit weird to act like that was totally something other creators did and he had nothing to do with it. But whatevs.
    Her name reveal was around the time of the first X-Men movie and in the movies her name is Marie. I always figured that because the movies gave her a real name he'd decided to add his own touch to it.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 11-22-2023 at 12:49 AM.

Unglaublich!

Reading the interview, it seems that CC is stating outright that Anna-Marie was Rogue's own choice of pseudonym back in X-Treme and future creators have just decided that, actually, it was her providing her real name for the first time.

That's how I read it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Raptor View Post
    Reading the interview, it seems that CC is stating outright that Anna-Marie was Rogue's own choice of pseudonym back in X-Treme and future creators have just decided that, actually, it was her providing her real name for the first time.

That's how I read it anyway.
    Yeah I believe I read in a past interview that "Anna" in X-Treme was intended as an alias she chose, with some speculating it was a nod to Anna Paquin. I think Marie was added in her solo series if I'm not mistaken.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yeah I believe I read in a past interview that "Anna" in X-Treme was intended as an alias she chose, with some speculating it was a nod to Anna Paquin. I think Marie was added in her solo series if I'm not mistaken.
    I also read it as an alias when it was first used in Xtreme. She had no powers and lived a "civilian" life. So she opted for Ana Raven.

But then again, there's no Rogue panel saying my real name is Ana-Marie.
    She doesn't even have a last name. So if Claremont has a mega original and super important name to reveal in the future he can still do it. Lol.

I'm curious about what he meant by that Kitty comment.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I'm curious about what he meant by that Kitty comment.
    My guess is Warren Ellis deflowering her with Pete Wisdom, and aging her up in general.

Quote Originally Posted by MythicalChicken View Post
    My guess is Warren Ellis deflowering her with Pete Wisdom, and aging her up in general.
    Was she meant to stay a virgin forever? The sudden age-up I can understand. But he talks about it as if the character was somehow still "ruined".

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Was she meant to stay a virgin forever? The sudden age-up I can understand. But he talks about it as if the character was somehow still "ruined".
    Well, canon had it Rachel and Kitty were the love of each other's life according to CC, so he could be objecting to the "straightening" as much as anything else. She was coded AF under CC's pen (even moreso than other Claremazons, lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yes, if I remember, in X-Treme X-Men when Rogue returned to the series after her absence (due to her injuries from her battle with Vargas) she had a framed movie poster of 'The Piano' (Anna Paquin's breakout role). And she called herself "Anna" from that point on.
    After Claremont finished X-Treme, Robert Rodi wrote Rogue's solo series and added "Anna-Marie" when he was writing (or adding to) her origin story. I'll have to look into those old issues again to make sure, but that's how I remember it.
    Last edited by Sparta; 11-21-2023 at 07:12 AM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    Yes, if I remember, in X-Treme X-Men when Rogue returned to the series after her absence (due to her injuries from her battle with Vargas) she had a framed movie poster of 'The Piano' (Anna Paquin's breakout role). And she called herself "Anna" from that point on.
    After Claremont finished X-Treme, Robert Rodi wrote Rogue's solo series and added "Anna-Marie" when he was writing (or adding to) her origin story. I'll have to look into those old issues again to make sure, but that's how I remember it.
    Correct, that's exactly how it happened.

"Anna Raven" was meant to be an alias but along the way "Anna Marie" became her real name. She then took on Remy's surname so she now has a full name LOL

I was the one who asked that question on AIPT because I was always curious if there was a story there. I'm delighted Lord Claremont even acknowledged my existence as he gave the exact answer I was expecting him to give LOL