Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

*Cough* Can't reply...

The following errors occurred with your submission

Rev9 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post
    *Cough* Can't reply...
    Rectified.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    You do *not* know that because the text does *not* say that. I'm not going to argue. I'm just pointing it out for the readers who have not the read the story.

But, by the way, the fact remains that was, for all intents and purposes, an AU Jean Grey (EDITED: from Earth-15104). Again: for people who did not read the story.
    Yeah the word 'love' is not used , but Scott (in response to Emma's overtures 'Scott imagine what we could do for one another, Don't you want to inherit the earth? ) goes from 'Someone else can have it Emma..No..I quit' in issue 151 to 'yes' while snogging her next to Jean's grave by issue 154. Reality has changed

I don't know if the AU iteration matters when acting from a point beyond time and space , but yeah the writers are still figuring what all that means I guess.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Yeah the word 'love' is not used , but Scott (in response to Emma's overtures 'Scott imagine what we could do for one another, Don't you want to inherit the earth? ) goes from 'Someone else can have it Emma..No..I quit' in issue 151 to 'yes' while snogging her next to Jean's grave by issue 154. Reality has changed

I don't know if the AU iteration matters when acting from a point beyond time and space , but yeah the writers are still figuring what all that means I guess.
    Facts: Scott was going to refuse Emma's proposal. Earth-15104 Jean contacts him and tells him to live. Scott accepts Emma's proposal.

Everything else is head-canon. *Exactly* because the nature of that contact is not established.

Could Earth-15104 Jean have forced him telepathically to accept Emma's proposal? Yes.

Could Earth-15104 Jean have just send the words pure and simple? Yes. If she had used a temporal telephone and actually spoken to him, do you think it's impossible that listening to her voice urging him to live would be enough to make him change his mind on his own? I don't.

So I'm *not* arguing against your head-canon. I've conceded it's possible (twice now). I'm just saying it's a head-canon for the benefit of the people who have not read the story.

And I guess I really don't have anything else to say about it at this point. People can decide for themselves.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 11-25-2023 at 02:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Yupp. Coming down to the end of his run it was obvious he was running close to empty.

I think...think...he was offered a contract not to work at any of the competitors, only for Marvel. And that's probably why he's still given work sporadically.
    When did this happen? Because I clearly remember him doing JLA during 2000s

Astonishing Member

Facts: Scott was going to refuse Emma's proposal. Earth-15104 Jean contacts him and tells him to live. Scott accepts Emma's proposal.

Everything else is head-canon. *Exactly* because the nature of that contact is not established.

Could Earth-15104 Jean have forced him telepathically to accept Emma's proposal? Yes.

Could Earth-15104 Jean have just send the words pure and simple? Yes. If she had used a temporal telephone and actually spoken to him, do you think it's impossible that listening to her voice urging him to live would be enough to make him change his mind on his own? I don't.

So I'm *not* arguing against your head-canon. I've conceded it's possible (twice now). I'm just saying it's a head-canon for the benefit of the people who have not read the story.

And I guess I really don't have anything else to say about it at this point. People can decide for themselves.
    Even if I allow for an assumed instantaneous temporal-telepathic 'phonecall' 1.I don't think he would refuse to live literally (it's not like he was suicidal),but to 'live' is (or should be) broader than kissing Emma. Which is why I said at the beginning it was tantamount to speaking 'love, Scott' .2. The 'Now' is the current universe which goes 150 years before Jean spoke the words and I find it dubious that Jean who confronted Emma already (or at the very least presumably has remnant knowledge of this iteration's confrontation in WHR assuming that Jean is a different iteration) would convince Scott to have a relationship with someone who had already taken mental advantage of him before, but for argument's sake let us say Jean is beyond such 'finite' grudges and perspectives .Scott is still to live a temporal, finite life with only the perspective he has and I find it difficult to believe he would agree to move on with Emma for the same reason. People can glean their own interpretations though.

Even if I allow for an assumed instantaneous temporal-telepathic 'phonecall' 1.I don't think he would refuse to live literally (it's not like he was suicidal),but to 'live' is (or should be) broader than kissing Emma. Which is why I said at the beginning it was tantamount to speaking 'love, Scott' .2. The 'Now' is the current universe which goes 150 years before Jean spoke the words and I find it dubious that Jean who confronted Emma already (or at the very least presumably has remnant knowledge of this iteration's confrontation in WHR assuming that Jean is a different iteration) would convince Scott to have a relationship with someone who had already taken mental advantage of him before, but for argument's sake let us say Jean is beyond such 'finite' grudges and perspectives .Scott is still to live a temporal, finite life with only the perspective he has and I find it difficult to believe he would agree to move on with Emma for the same reason. People can glean their own interpretations though.
    If Earth-15104 Jean wanted to take Scott's agency from him and force him to stay with the X-Men, why the hell didn't she just bypassed Emma completely and told him, "Stay with the X-Men"?

Do you see the problem here? When you speculate you can argue whatever the eff you want. Sometimes, such arguments even make sense.

If Earth-15104 Jean wanted to force Scott to get together with Emma for whatever reason that makes sense in you head, she certainly could. Your head-canon is valid.

But it's *still* head-canon.

Now, can we please drop it? We're derailing the thread.

Astonishing Member

If Earth-15104 Jean wanted to take Scott's agency from him and force him to stay with the X-Men, why the hell didn't she just bypassed Emma completely and told him, "Stay with the X-Men"?

Do you see the problem here? When you speculate you can argue whatever the eff you want. Sometimes, such arguments even make sense.

If Earth-15104 Jean wanted to force Scott to get together with Emma for whatever reason that makes sense in you head, she certainly could. Your head-canon is valid.

But it's *still* head-canon.

Now, can we please drop it? We're derailing the thread.
    That question should be for Jean..(or Morrison).. I guess you can look at it as speculation but because that AU impacts the canon at the time and is conversely drawn out from those realities.It is worth pondering. Duly dropped.

That question should be for Jean..(or Morrison).. I guess you can look at it as speculation but because that AU impacts the canon at the time and is conversely drawn out from those realities.It is worth pondering. Duly dropped.
    Thank you.