Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Spider-Man vs The Joker

How would you create a story arc that involves Spider-Man vs The Joker? Come up with a idea that you would use to forward the story. Marvel and DC Comics needs to team-up more often for these types of stories to happen.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

J.M. DeMatteis already did the perfect Spider-Man vs. Joker story in Spider-Man/Batman:

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    J.M. DeMatteis already did the perfect Spider-Man vs. Joker story in Spider-Man/Batman:

More stories from different writers might help as well..

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    More stories from different writers might help as well..
    Maybe. Unfortunately, it's not going to happen. Joe Quesada ruined any chance of that happening years ago when he soured the relationship between Marvel and DC.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Yes. Yes, he did. And I still hear that exchange in both their 90s animated series voices.

Maybe. Unfortunately, it's not going to happen. Joe Quesada ruined any chance of that happening years ago when he soured the relationship between Marvel and DC.
    And to think, we're still living with the consequences of that to this day, particularly given One More Day.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

It's weird, you know? I mean, the Joker would love that a guy like Batman or Spider-Man, with the "No-Killing rule" would murder him; but when facing someone like Punisher who is willing to do what it takes, he's completely terrorized.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    It's weird, you know? I mean, the Joker would love that a guy like Batman or Spider-Man, with the "No-Killing rule" would murder him; but when facing someone like Punisher who is willing to do what it takes, he's completely terrorized.
    He loves it because if there's anything he does love, it's pushing otherwise moral and ethical people to break their staunchly held codes as part of making his point that personal codes, like laws and morality in general, are a joke and chaos is the only real meaning in life. Someone like the Punisher going to kill him, well, that's not him getting one last joke over on someone, that's just ending up dead.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    He loves it because if there's anything he does love, it's pushing otherwise moral and ethical people to break their staunchly held codes as part of making his point that personal codes, like laws and morality in general, are a joke and chaos is the only real meaning in life. Someone like the Punisher going to kill him, well, that's not him getting one last joke over on someone, that's just ending up dead.
    I guess it proves why the world need individuals like the Punisher, right?

Okay, what if

Joker seduces Aunt May and makes her his new sidekick. Peter must defeat the Joker before May devotes her life to crime.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Peter: What does it say about you that you hang out with grown men who dress as animals that hang from the ceiling?
    Joker: (outraged) That's my line!!
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

Extraordinary Member

I'd actually like a crossover where the final confrontation has Spider-man annoy the Joker to hell and back with quips and taunts. Kinda like how Terry did in the Batman Beyond movie.

Joker takes New York

I would start it with every member of the Sinister Six received a package at their doorstep. Which explodes, rendering them each into a coma.

Osborn gets one too, but he realizes what it is and evades the bomb.

Then the Joker makes his debut via blimp to drop non lethal laughing gas onto New York.

I'm not sure where I'd go from there, but that would be the start.

As a side note, I might introduce the idea that no symbiote would merge with Joker cause he is too insane to properly bond with.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I'd actually like a crossover where the final confrontation has Spider-man annoy the Joker to hell and back with quips and taunts. Kinda like how Terry did in the Batman Beyond movie.
    Yeah, that was a great scene, and really showed Spider-Man's DNA in Terry McGinnis's conception.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    Joker takes New York

I would start it with every member of the Sinister Six received a package at their doorstep. Which explodes, rendering them each into a coma.

Osborn gets one too, but he realizes what it is and evades the bomb.

Then the Joker makes his debut via blimp to drop non lethal laughing gas onto New York.

I'm not sure where I'd go from there, but that would be the start.

As a side note, I might introduce the idea that no symbiote would merge with Joker cause he is too insane to properly bond with.
    Makes sense, especially given the retcon in Deadpool's Secret Secret Wars or Back in Black, both by Cullen Bunn, that suggested the Venom symbiote's particular brand of insanity came from bonding with Deadpool before it found Spider-Man. That said, I like your signature. It's very apt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Indeed, look what he did to Commissioner Gordon during the events of The Killing Joke (one of my favorite Batman stories btw).
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Pure comic book epicness, poetry in motion.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."