Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Indeed, look what he did to Commissioner Gordon during the events of The Killing Joke (one of my favorite Batman stories btw).
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Pure comic book epicness, poetry in motion.
    It sure is.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

I actually think The Joker would be one of the least interesting villains to go up against Spider-Man.

Spider-Man sees "the funny side" like the Joker. Spidey will make fun of all the crap he goes through. That doesn't leave much room for drama and conflict. It would be like the last five minutes of Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker.

Just like how heroes are the most interesting because of their villains, same is true vice versa.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I actually think The Joker would be one of the least interesting villains to go up against Spider-Man.

Spider-Man sees "the funny side" like the Joker. Spidey will make fun of all the crap he goes through. That doesn't leave much room for drama and conflict. It would be like the last five minutes of Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker.

Just like how heroes are the most interesting because of their villains, same is true vice versa.
    Perhaps at first but overall I disagree, I think the Joker would try very hard to make Spider-Man lose his wisecracking happy ways. Joker would see breaking Spidey as a personal challenge (as he does with Batman but for a different reason). He would enjoy getting dark and violent reactions from Spidey like in the panel. Joker is akin to Carnage but even more twisted, and more insane (weird I know). He will either kill himself or force you to kill him to prove a point if need be, whereas Carnage very much does not want to die only for others to die for his "art".
    Last edited by Celgress; 11-23-2023 at 07:36 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

If you want to see how Spider-Man vs the Joker would go, just watch this scene from Return of the Joker.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    If you want to see how Spider-Man vs the Joker would go, just watch this scene from Return of the Joker.

"You make me laugh, but only because I think you're kinda pathetic." Yeah, Terry flipping the Joker's diss to Bruce Wayne upon finding out Bruce was (the original) Batman all those years ago . . . that was sweet justice, right there. And yes, this was probably also the best demonstration of Spider-Man's DNA in the overall conception of Terry as the Dark Knight of Tomorrow.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    "You make me laugh, but only because I think you're kinda pathetic." Yeah, Terry flipping the Joker's diss to Bruce Wayne upon finding out Bruce was (the original) Batman all those years ago . . . that was sweet justice, right there. And yes, this was probably also the best demonstration of Spider-Man's DNA in the overall conception of Terry as the Dark Knight of Tomorrow.
    There's another thing. Both Batman and the Joker are usually individuals with no superhuman abilities. Against Spider-Man, the Joker would be on clear disadvantage. Besides, his Spider-Sense would tingle on every surprise attack the Joker might try on. Which means he wouldn't be able to catch Spidey off-guard. Try to shock him? The acid flower? Booby bomb? Spidey would be alerted by his Spider-Sense in the act and avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Besides, his Spider-Sense would tingle on every surprise attack the Joker might try on. Which means he wouldn't be able to catch Spidey off-guard. Try to shock him? The acid flower? Booby bomb? Spidey would be alerted by his Spider-Sense in the act and avoid it.
    Peter's spider-sense apparently operates on the rule of drama; it's a lot less reliable on panel than it ought to be on paper. Kraven for instance has managed to gas Peter by surprise several times even though you'd think Peter would have started expecting it.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi