Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    How are they going to get Macchio in a believable fight with Chan? Lots of stunt doubles for Macchio, I suspect, and careful handling by Chan in those few scenes where Macchio's face is visible during that fight. And you know they're going to have to do that, even if only in a friendly sparring match.
    I'm sure the training will be better than that

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    No Johnny?
    If there is no Eagle Fang Karate in this film then an all out boycott should commence!!!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    If there is no Eagle Fang Karate in this film then an all out boycott should commence!!!!
    I have to agree, yeah.

Cobra Kai revived this franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Cute kid .

Astonishing Member

I'd only be interested in a KK movie if it was about the character of the same name from the Legion of Super-Heroes. Don't need a reboot of the classic movie (which I've never actually seen).

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I'd only be interested in a KK movie if it was about the character of the same name from the Legion of Super-Heroes. Don't need a reboot of the classic movie (which I've never actually seen).
    It's not a reboot.

Extraordinary Member

I don't know, one part of me really wants to see this, but one part of me says that the final season of Cobra Kai will be enough. I did see the Chan KK movie, and found it...boring. Even the best bits seemed like a technically superior, but emotionally flat remake of scenes we'd already seen in the series. Chan seemed alternately bored and really pissed that he had to do the movie. Will Smith's kid, Jaden I think, was trying, I'll give him that. Trouble was, he wasn't succeeding, he just lacks the charisma RM had and still has. And there was just nothing fresh to see. Maybe the franchise has played itself out? I don't really know, so I'm a bit torn on this one. Well, if they can bring something new to the mix, if Chan finds a reason to get invested in this movie, and if they can bring the comedy this time, maybe it can be good. Hopefully, we need all the good movies or TV shows we can get.

Extraordinary Member

What's the setting for this movie? China, the US, or somewhere in Japan?

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    What's the setting for this movie? China, the US, or somewhere in Japan?
    No one knows yet. They're being hush hush about it. We don't even know who Ming-Na is playing (nor Joshua Jackson nor Sadie Stanley).

My theory is it ties into the final season of Cobra Kai, so any info about the movie (other than who's been cast) would function as a spoiler for the show.

is it a drama? because the Cobra Kai show is a "dramedy"..