Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default You wake up in alternate 1990

You wake up in alternate 1990 in front of a movie theater you see a poster with names you recognize names of the four turtles and their master. However when you look at the rest of the poster you see four mutant hamsters and one mutant turtle, and the words Teenage Mutant Ninja Hamsters. you also see another poster for Robocop 2, but with the title Judgement Day under it. What is your reaction.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 11-21-2023 at 09:25 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

"Oh, it's one of those times lines," I said, sighing. I took out my Radiant Pocket Ballista and made sure I had enough uranium pellets. "Well, time to spend the next 13 years trying to prevent 9/11, I guess. Funny, I don't really see how the two could be related, but the TMNT being hamsters always seems to coincide with a delay in terrorism timelines by two years. You'd think it would be the opposite, because turtles are supposed to be slow? I know the ninja turtles aren't, but... you know what, I'm probably just overthinking things again."

Satisfied I was sufficiently loaded, I set off on my assuredly doomed attempt to once again change the future for the prosperity of the American Empire. Fuckin' ingrates back at the office probably wouldn't even pay me a bonus for it. They never do. Once you show them you'll actually do the work, they just take you for granted. I shoulda been the me who was born in the Dinomerica timeline. Then I'd've at least had a chance to be a stegosaurus, instead of an ape with an off-brand nuclear slingshot, and not even a pair of pants to my name.

Oh, well. Like mom always said, "Gotta live the life you're livin'." Alky bitch.

I begin my opening narration of this "What If?" episode.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Check the TV listing for "Biker Tortoises from Uranus".
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Am I me now? Or am I me in as i was in 1990?

let's say it's like Quantum leap. So you would be in the body of alternate 1990 you. For those who were born after 1990 you will be in the body of a alternate 1990 version of one of your parents or grandparents.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 11-23-2023 at 04:42 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    let's say it's like Quantum leap. So you would be in the body of alternate 1990 you. For those who were born after 1990 you will be in the body of a alternate 1990 version of one of your parents or grandparents.
    I'm still poking my head out of the movie theatre. There is NO guarantee that Humans are the majority species on that Earth. After that is assured, time to bet on some sports (Blue Jays and (ugh) Buffalo Bills for get-rich scheme). Then, I can worry about the Meech Lake accord. Got to keep Canada intact before 9/11.

Back from the dead! Radioactive Zombie's Avatar

I'll wait to see who produces this decade's version of Jurassic Park - it's probably James Cameron.

I'll also wait to see how Digimon and Pokemon develop, and if Sega manages to unfuck itself.

Really, I'd love to see how 90s culture in general develops. I already have weird memories of the late 90s.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Not Adolescent Radioactive Black Belt Hamsters?

Anyway…

*choof*

Interdimensional Grapnel Gun, take me home!
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

You wake up in alternate 1990 in front of a movie theater you see a poster with names you recognize names of the four turtles and their master. However when you look at the rest of the poster you see four mutant hamsters and one mutant turtle, and the words Teenage Mutant Ninja Hamsters. you also see another poster for Robocop 2, but with the title Judgement Day under it. What is your reaction.
    So, being all of 0~1 years of age...

Absolutely no reaction, unless infants react differently to hamsters than turtles.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

In my 20s again? I party like it's 1990.

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    So, being all of 0~1 years of age...

Absolutely no reaction, unless infants react differently to hamsters than turtles.
    Right.

I’d be somewhere in my bassinet being useless.

Like Quantum leap you would still have your mind, you would just be a younger body of yourself if your born on or before 1990. Basically you would be in the body of alternate 1990 you and alternate 1990 you would be in your body.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 11-24-2023 at 09:30 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Like Quantum leap you would still have your mind, you would just be a younger body of yourself if your born on or before 1990. Basically you would be in the body of alternate 1990 you and alternate 1990 you would be in your body.
    So some alternate earth version of me wakes up in bed—and neither the bed he went to sleep in, nor even the house he was living in—and finds he's missing the last thirty-three years of his life?

Suddenly, he's getting CAT-scans of his brain and a host diagnostic procedures. "Where did thirty-three years my life go?"

Wow, sucks to be him. And to be me, if I ever go back there.

As for me, I suppose I'd better work eighty hours a week and invest every penny in Amazon and so forth.

Also, I want to see if the quantum shift has opened up my chakras or anything. Maybe the shock of being transferred between universes has shaken up my energy field, making it possible to cultivate siddhis or something? You never know....
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 11-27-2023 at 01:26 PM.

Imagine being trapped in the body of a baby knowing everything you do, but not even being developed enough to talk, walk, or even lift your own head. That's almost some "And I must scream" stuff.