Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Spider-man Gang War First Strike 1 Preview

The crime bosses all come off kind of dumb here falling for Hammerhead's plot. Also I guess we've got AIM and Hydra involved (and Nefaria) so we cover all our bases.

Peter can't even catch frikkin' Slyde without help. Look at Miles with his cool new sword and coming off way cooler and more effective than the actual protagonist of the book!

Also what is up with that conversation? It feels like they're insinuating Peter and Miles have a close relationship that they've never really been depicted as having. I mean, when has their relationship ever been close or consistent enough that Miles would care about Peter seemingly "ghosting" him? Miles has a lot more close relationships with people other than Peter and he usually goes to them for advice or support. They're not really partners and they only occasionally show up in each others' lives. And I'm assuming this is from the Rek-Rap thing so, again, not really Peter's fault.

But I guess we just need more people hating on Peter. Even Miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The crime bosses all come off kind of dumb here falling for Hammerhead's plot. Also I guess we've got AIM and Hydra involved (and Nefaria) so we cover all our bases.

Peter can't even catch frikkin' Slyde without help. Look at Miles with his cool new sword and coming off way cooler and more effective than the actual protagonist of the book!

Also what is up with that conversation? It feels like they're insinuating Peter and Miles have a close relationship that they've never really been depicted as having. I mean, when has their relationship ever been close or consistent enough that Miles would care about Peter seemingly "ghosting" him? Miles has a lot more close relationships with people other than Peter and he usually goes to them for advice or support. They're not really partners and they only occasionally show up in each others' lives. And I'm assuming this is from the Rek-Rap thing so, again, not really Peter's fault.

Yeah, this plot point is kinda coming way too late in the game. Like they didn’t seem to be on bad terms during the judgement day issue. Feels like they’re trying too make Peter in the wrong to deflect from the whole MJ situation.

Mighty Member

Even though aim and hydra are a part of orchis

Spectacular Member

I mean, when has their relationship ever been close or consistent enough that Miles would care about Peter seemingly "ghosting" him? Miles has a lot more close relationships with people other than Peter and he usually goes to them for advice or support. They're not really partners and they only occasionally show up in each others' lives. And I'm assuming this is from the Rek-Rap thing so, again, not really Peter's fault.

Just want to point out that this is certainly not from the Rek-Rap stuff. The time dilation for that works the other way, 6 months in limbo is like an hour on Earth. It was just a throwaway line for the purpose of a joke about the demons being annoyed by Rek-Rap talking for a while. That's it.

Miles is probably referring to the 6 month timeskip at the beginning of ASM. And genuinely I totally forgot that Peter had disappeared for 6 months. Like in dead language he gets sucked into the rabin dimension, gets pooped out, like a day passes, he jumps back in for MJ, pooped out again -> 6 month timeskip -> rabin death. And like apparently during that 6 month timeskip Peter was doing *something* that involved blowing off his personal and hero responsibilities completely. What that thing was, hell if I know, but maybe he was just a sad boi the whole time. Would very much like for this comic to follow up on that. Cause I genuinely have no clue what he could possibly have been doing that doesn't make him look like a huge ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Moxxi517 View Post
    Just want to point out that this is certainly not from the Rek-Rap stuff. The time dilation for that works the other way, 6 months in limbo is like an hour on Earth. It was just a throwaway line for the purpose of a joke about the demons being annoyed by Rek-Rap talking for a while. That's it.

Miles is probably referring to the 6 month timeskip at the beginning of ASM. And genuinely I totally forgot that Peter had disappeared for 6 months. Like in dead language he gets sucked into the rabin dimension, gets pooped out, like a day passes, he jumps back in for MJ, pooped out again -> 6 month timeskip -> rabin death. And like apparently during that 6 month timeskip Peter was doing *something* that involved blowing off his personal and hero responsibilities completely. What that thing was, hell if I know, but maybe he was just a sad boi the whole time. Would very much like for this comic to follow up on that. Cause I genuinely have no clue what he could possibly have been doing that doesn't make him look like a huge ass.
    Okay, well, the Rabin stuff isn't really his fault but the rest just feels like contrived stuff to make everyone criticize or hate on Peter for the umpteenth time.

You know it's bad when Miles, literally the one character who always respects and has Peter's back, is hard on him.

(Also Wells' Peter has so little backbone).

nefaria was taken off the board alongside Silvermane by a mysterious figure in today issue
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Spectacular Member

Okay, well, the Rabin stuff isn't really his fault but the rest just feels like contrived stuff to make everyone criticize or hate on Peter for the umpteenth time.

You know it's bad when Miles, literally the one character who always respects and has Peter's back, is hard on him.

(Also Wells' Peter has so little backbone).
    Oh it's contrived as hell. And like happening way too late into the run. Like how long has it been since the six month timeskip, we've seen like 2 hellfire galas in the run so I always assumed that it'd been like a year. (Who knows at this point honestly) So Miles has been pissed for a while. Plus like other posters have said, Peter and Miles have had positive interactions in the run past this point. Like when Peter told Miles how proud he was to share the mask with him.

Genuinely this feels like something where they are just scrambling a bit to explain why Miles hasn't been in the book for so long. But it opens up a whole different can of worms about how awful dead language and the whole paul mystery box was from start to finish. These people had no idea what they were doing, and it really shows sometimes.

Oh it's contrived as hell. And like happening way too late into the run. Like how long has it been since the six month timeskip, we've seen like 2 hellfire galas in the run so I always assumed that it'd been like a year. (Who knows at this point honestly) So Miles has been pissed for a while. Plus like other posters have said, Peter and Miles have had positive interactions in the run past this point. Like when Peter told Miles how proud he was to share the mask with him.

Genuinely this feels like something where they are just scrambling a bit to explain why Miles hasn't been in the book for so long. But it opens up a whole different can of worms about how awful dead language and the whole paul mystery box was from start to finish. These people had no idea what they were doing, and it really shows sometimes.
    well that was during judgement day so i doubt it would be the best time to have an argument with someone when you are about to die. But its good for them to get over this tiff now instead of later plus we know from solicitations they will continue to team up and they announce that new team up series so there will be plenty of time to have more Peter and Miles content
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    well that was during judgement day so i doubt it would be the best time to have an argument with someone when you are about to die. But its good for them to get over this tiff now instead of later plus we know from solicitations they will continue to team up and they announce that new team up series so there will be plenty of time to have more Peter and Miles content
    Wait until Miles learns that Peter told Kamala his secret id

But why would they even need to explain it? Miles has always barely appeared in ASM just like Peter barely appears in his book.

Fantastic Member

... I am so tired of them making Peter the fall guy for everything in this run, including stuff he couldn't help. If I were him, I would've jacked Miles in the jaw right now. I'm also tired of them making him so ******* useless. He's thew original Spider-Man, he should be just as, if not more, capable then the other Spider-People. This is ridiculous. Hate Wells, hate this run, hate Rek-Rap... Gah!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    ... I am so tired of them making Peter the fall guy for everything in this run, including stuff he couldn't help. If I were him, I would've jacked Miles in the jaw right now. I'm also tired of them making him so ******* useless. He's thew original Spider-Man, he should be just as, if not more, capable then the other Spider-People. This is ridiculous. Hate Wells, hate this run, hate Rek-Rap... Gah!
    I do not know which character Wells dislikes more. 1: Peter. 2: MJ. 3: Ben. He certainly has done a hatchet job on all three. At least there are alternatives on the way to the worst run in ASM history. I hope Ultímate and Spider-Men sales leave ASM in the dust.

Fantastic Member

oh look its the story that should have been in the last two asm issues stuck into a special issue to charge us even more money.
    DC: Action Comics, Batman, Batman/Superman, Batman and Robin, Batman Off World, Detective Comics, Flash, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, JG: Flash, JL vs. Godzilla, JSA, Nightwing, Shazam, Superman, Titans, Beast World

Marvel: Amazing Spider-Man, Fall of the House of X, Fantastic Four, Resurrection of Magneto, Spectacular Spider-Men, Ultimate Spider-Man, WolverineL Madripoor Knights, X-Men

I just don't get what the appeal is to have your main character constantly criticized and overshadowed in their own book. Even for an "underdog" character it feels like too much especially since there's no real wins to make it worthwhile.

Like we just have Miles, another Spider-Man, come in and do cool stuff, stop the villain, and take the moral high ground over the Spider-Man the book is supposed to be about. Doesn't that feel off? And it's not even just with Miles, like with MJ or Norman in past arcs.