Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 58
  1. #16
    Incredible Member stillanerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    982

    Default

    Just how desperate are the Spider-Man offices in an attempt to create "drama" between Peter and Miles by bringing up Spidey's missing six months that kicked off Wells' mediocre run? Like was already pointed out, it's coming two years too late.

    Moreover, I'm actually siding with Miles here. Because based on what we learned during "Dead Languages," it's not like Peter was actually "missing" during those months. Instead, he spent those six months moping over how MJ, thanks to plot induced time displacement, left him for Paul "being duped in assisting my dad into committing genocide doesn't make me a bad person" Rabin. And that includes foregoing his responsibility as Spider-Man, too.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

    Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

  2. #17
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    114,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Just how desperate are the Spider-Man offices in an attempt to create "drama" between Peter and Miles by bringing up Spidey's missing six months that kicked off Wells' mediocre run? Like was already pointed out, it's coming two years too late.

    Moreover, I'm actually siding with Miles here. Because based on what we learned during "Dead Languages," it's not like Peter was actually "missing" during those months. Instead, he spent those six months moping over how MJ, thanks to plot induced time displacement, left him for Paul "being duped in assisting my dad into committing genocide doesn't make me a bad person" Rabin. And that includes foregoing his responsibility as Spider-Man, too.
    I feel like it shows how little Wells really thinks about Peter that he honestly believes that he would stop being Spider-Man for six months over what was basically a break-up (albeit a pretty bad one, considering) and leave a teenager to pick up the slack.

    Like he didn't even stop when Kamala died, so it looks even worse.

  3. #18
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    347

    Default

    It's simple... Wells can't write Spider-Man and needs to be taken off the book. I'm not talking the MJ/Paul thing , or even Rek-Rap... I'm talking the basic character assassination going on here.

  4. #19
    Astonishing Member Tuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like it shows how little Wells really thinks about Peter that he honestly believes that he would stop being Spider-Man for six months over what was basically a break-up (albeit a pretty bad one, considering) and leave a teenager to pick up the slack.

    Like he didn't even stop when Kamala died, so it looks even worse.
    He's quit before.

    Maybe not for six months; but it's not out of character for him to get fed up and chuck it once in a while.

  5. #20
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    347

    Default

    Would've been funny if he told Miles...

    "You know what, Miles? You're absolutely right! It's obvious I've not been a good friend... and since you've done such a good job being Spider-Man, you can completely take over for me from this point on! I'm out! Peace!"

    Miles: ... Wait, what?

  6. #21
    Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    922

    Default

    I know people have lost faith in the current writing of Peter but I atleast hope by the end Peter gets the win that shows that he's not a **** like everyone thinks or at least to Miles.
    Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    Would've been funny if he told Miles...

    "You know what, Miles? You're absolutely right! It's obvious I've not been a good friend... and since you've done such a good job being Spider-Man, you can completely take over for me from this point on! I'm out! Peace!"

    Miles: ... Wait, what?
    New Amazing Spider-Man re-launch with Miles as the lead coming soon.

  7. #22
    Spectacular Member vhm74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    180

    Default

    We can take comfort in the fact that Wells has to make a living writing about a character he clearly despises.

  8. #23
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    114,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    He's quit before.

    Maybe not for six months; but it's not out of character for him to get fed up and chuck it once in a while.
    Yeah, but if he's going to quit, at least come up with a good reason for it otherwise Peter just looks terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    I know people have lost faith in the current writing of Peter but I atleast hope by the end Peter gets the win that shows that he's not a **** like everyone thinks or at least to Miles.
    It feels weird to have to hope that Peter might actually win or succeed at something in his own book.
    New Amazing Spider-Man re-launch with Miles as the lead coming soon.
    Maybe that's the plan! Synergize with the Insomniac game and have Miles be the main Spider-Man while Peter is only in Ultimate and keep degrading Peter until Miles is the definitively better option .

  9. #24
    Extraordinary Member Jman27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    5,682

    Default

    so Miles give Peter the great power responsibility speech that’s a first good for him. Janice crash into Hammerhead meeting claiming she wants her dad territor. Hammerhead orders her to kill Randy. She couldn’t do it so Randy got shot down by hammerhead men who was following Janice. We find out that Hammerhead girl was really Frontier girl Madam Masque and she bash his head in starting off the gang war. Peter found out about Randy thru Luke and ends the issue saying he needs a team to stop the war.
    Last edited by Jman27; 11-29-2023 at 10:43 AM.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

    "I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

    "My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

  10. #25
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2023
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    spoilers:
    so Miles give Peter the great power responsibility speech that’s a first good for him. Janice crash into Hammerhead meeting claiming she wants her dad territor. Hammerhead orders her to kill Randy. She couldn’t do it so Randy got shot down by hammerhead men who was following Janice. We find out that Hammerhead girl was really Frontier girl Madam Masque and she bash his head in starting off the gang war. Peter found out about Randy thru Luke and ends the issue saying he needs a team to stop the war
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, pretty much how they'll start the event. How many pages this is, 36?

  11. #26
    Extraordinary Member Jman27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    5,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Konnik92 View Post
    Yeah, pretty much how they'll start the event. How many pages this is, 36?
    The app I’m using says 35
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

    "I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

    "My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

  12. #27
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    2,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    Would've been funny if he told Miles...

    "You know what, Miles? You're absolutely right! It's obvious I've not been a good friend... and since you've done such a good job being Spider-Man, you can completely take over for me from this point on! I'm out! Peace!"

    Miles: ... Wait, what?
    There was a movie called Joy of Living with Irene Dunne as an actress who her ungrateful family lives off of like tics on a dog. One of which was Lucille Ball as her jealous and untalented sister. Handing her her shoes, and giving the acting gig to Lucy is exactly what Irene does at the end of the film. I would love to see Peter hand the costume to Miles and say Bye.

  13. #28
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    so Miles give Peter the great power responsibility speech that’s a first good for him. Janice crash into Hammerhead meeting claiming she wants her dad territor. Hammerhead orders her to kill Randy. She couldn’t do it so Randy got shot down by hammerhead men who was following Janice. We find out that Hammerhead girl was really Frontier girl Madam Masque and she bash his head in starting off the gang war. Peter found out about Randy thru Luke and ends the issue saying he needs a team to stop the war.
    spoilers:
    So... is Randy dead? In critical condition? EDIT: Actually, nevermind, just read it... now, I'm wondering if Hammerhead is actually dead, or '
    dead', as in, Masque is wrong and he's not actually dead?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by t-spider; 11-29-2023 at 11:28 AM.

  14. #29
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    288

    Default

    so turns out it was actually a lot better than expected.
    Can we please just keep Zeb in the street levl domain cause asm is so much better when he's writing what he's actually good at, no more mystical mumbo jumbo or limbo please.

    it still should have been issue 39, no need to be a one shot
    DC: Action Comics, Batman, Batman/Superman, Batman and Robin, Batman Off World, Detective Comics, Flash, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, JG: Flash, JL vs. Godzilla, JSA, Nightwing, Shazam, Superman, Titans, Beast World

    Marvel: Amazing Spider-Man, Fall of the House of X, Fantastic Four, Resurrection of Magneto, Spectacular Spider-Men, Ultimate Spider-Man, WolverineL Madripoor Knights, X-Men

  15. #30
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2023
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Kinda weird how twice during this run Peter has been had the responsibility line thrown at him and the one of the most recent story points in a recent arc was that although Peter bombed a bunch of innocent people he did not have to take responsibility because he under the influence of the sins. I feel like the responsibility speech doesn't come with an asterisk on it, but maybe the writers feel different.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •