Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

I’m gonna go against the grain a little bit but I thought this issue was great, the pacing the story the art etc, was not expecting a certain brutal moment

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyspideyfan View Post
    I’m gonna go against the grain a little bit but I thought this issue was great, the pacing the story the art etc, was not expecting a certain brutal moment
    Which one? There were a surprising amount of brutal moments in this one. spoilers:
    Hammerhead getting his head caved in by Madame Masque? Randy Robertson getting seriously shot up after Beetle/Janice couldn't go through with killing him?
    end of spoilers And those were just off the top of my head.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    so Miles give Peter the great power responsibility speech that’s a first good for him.
    Of course Peter needs to be lectured about power and responsability by a teenage. Next issue he'll probably be lecture by a villain or need to be saved again.

I thought this was pretty good.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Which one? There were a surprising amount of brutal moments in this one. spoilers:
    Hammerhead getting his head caved in by Madame Masque? Randy Robertson getting seriously shot up after Beetle/Janice couldn't go through with killing him?
    spoilers:
    We even sure Hammerhead is dead? I mean, comics and all...
    end of spoilers

I liked this issue a lot, but then I like Janice so whatever
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

spoilers:
    I'm happy about the Madame Masque twist, but it also feels random because she has virtually no relation to Spider-Man...so making her the Big Bad of this arc feels a little out-of-place. Granted it's not exclusively a Spider-Man related even, but still.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifetap View Post
    Kinda weird how twice during this run Peter has been had the responsibility line thrown at him and the one of the most recent story points in a recent arc was that although Peter bombed a bunch of innocent people he did not have to take responsibility because he under the influence of the sins. I feel like the responsibility speech doesn't come with an asterisk on it, but maybe the writers feel different.
    Wells is better at writing bad guys or morally grey characters than he is Superheroes. Explains a lot about his Spider-man.

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    spoilers:
    Definitely Hammerhead getting his skull caved in lol, I think Masque mentions that he’ll still be alive to see what she does next, probably since he’s got that entire metal endoskeleton inside of him still, pretty hard to kill for good. Also the one thing I would have liked is for Robbie to just call Peter by name and stop pretending he doesn’t know, would hit harder as an emotional beat since Randy is in critical condition.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by ImOctavius View Post
    Of course Peter needs to be lectured about power and responsability by a teenage. Next issue he'll probably be lecture by a villain or need to be saved again.
    not any different when he was lectured about responsibility by aunt may or nathan
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    I'm happy about the Madame Masque twist, but it also feels random because she has virtually no relation to Spider-Man...so making her the Big Bad of this arc feels a little out-of-place. Granted it's not exclusively a Spider-Man related even, but still.
    end of spoilers
    she kidnap and tried to kill randy and janince in Spencer run during the king ransom arc

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    not any different when he was lectured about responsibility by aunt may or nathan
    Aunt May is his parent. Miles is a literal child.

I’m trying to wrap my head around Peter just quitting for 6 months. Even the infamous “Spider-Man No More!” comic ends with him vowing to never turn his back on people in need again. 6 months of just self-pity and selfish moping around is awful. Even MJ would march over and chew him out if he did that, even if she was with someone else.

… This has been a surreal run. All I can say. Nobody feels like themselves.
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post

I’m trying to wrap my head around Peter just quitting for 6 months. Even the infamous “Spider-Man No More!” comic ends with him vowing to never turn his back on people in need again. 6 months of just self-pity and selfish moping around is awful. Even MJ would march over and chew him out if he did that, even if she was with someone else.

dont disrespect Miles like this he is a Spider-man. Can he not reprimand a fellow Spider-Man or cause its Peter its not allowed? Plus technically its not the first time we seen Miles reprimand Peter. This year with the ps5 game and last year with the movie. No one complain that Miles was talking back to Peter in those instnaces Idk why we acting Miles is out of line all a sudden cause its in a comic book.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post

I mean Miles is like 17. It's not crazy for Peter to be able to learn something from him. (And Jman is right, Miles is Spider-Man and him being responsible is just kinda what his character is about) It's just in this case the thing Peter has to learn is, that abandoning his responsibilities both personal and professional for 6 months is a bad thing. And we as the audience have kinda skipped past both the moment where he shirks his responsibilities (like he was just sad after ASM#24/25 I guess) and the moment where he decides to take them back up (he's been acting as Spider-Man since ASM#1), so the whole thing feels cheap. It feels additionally cheap because it's coming so late in the run, like we are ~2/3rds of the way through Well's run and Peter is finally getting chewed out for something he did in the beginning (off-screen). There's a little bit of a "why now?" vibe to all of this, and the answer imo is that no one really wanted to write Peter Miles team ups throughout the first 2/3rds of the Well's run.
    Last edited by Moxxi517; 11-30-2023 at 07:17 AM.

Fantastic Member

No, the issue is that there shouldn't even need to be a reason for a 'chewing out'. We don't even know what went down during those six months. This run, Spencers, others... there's always someone chewing Peter out for something, and it's tiring. And no, Miles has no right... when he goes through half the crap Peter has, then MAYBE he might have some ground, until then, miss me with that nonsense.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The crime bosses all come off kind of dumb here falling for Hammerhead's plot. Also I guess we've got AIM and Hydra involved (and Nefaria) so we cover all our bases.

Peter can't even catch frikkin' Slyde without help. Look at Miles with his cool new sword and coming off way cooler and more effective than the actual protagonist of the book!

Also what is up with that conversation? It feels like they're insinuating Peter and Miles have a close relationship that they've never really been depicted as having. I mean, when has their relationship ever been close or consistent enough that Miles would care about Peter seemingly "ghosting" him? Miles has a lot more close relationships with people other than Peter and he usually goes to them for advice or support. They're not really partners and they only occasionally show up in each others' lives. And I'm assuming this is from the Rek-Rap thing so, again, not really Peter's fault.

But I guess we just need more people hating on Peter. Even Miles.
    That's the way it is now.

Peter faces a villain, "tries to attack", get owned and another hero saves him and/or lectures him.