Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Ultimate Member

That being said, this issue was pretty good.

I like the Madam Masque reveal and I am really interested in the Robertson storyline.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I like the Madam Masque reveal and I am really interested in the Robertson storyline.
    This was the first issue in a while that gave me hope that Janice and Randy might work out lol (Maybe I'm delusional but I also don't care)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    That being said, this issue was pretty good.

The solicits ruined it for me

Quote Originally Posted by Moxxi517 View Post
    I mean Miles is like 17. It's not crazy for Peter to be able to learn something from him. (And Jman is right, Miles is Spider-Man and him being responsible is just kinda what his character is about) It's just in this case the thing Peter has to learn is, that abandoning his responsibilities both personal and professional for 6 months is a bad thing. And we as the audience have kinda skipped past both the moment where he shirks his responsibilities (like he was just sad after ASM#24/25 I guess) and the moment where he decides to take them back up (he's been acting as Spider-Man since ASM#1), so the whole thing feels cheap. It feels additionally cheap because it's coming so late in the run, like we are ~2/3rds of the way through Well's run and Peter is finally getting chewed out for something he did in the beginning (off-screen). There's a little bit of a "why now?" vibe to all of this, and the answer imo is that no one really wanted to write Peter Miles team ups throughout the first 2/3rds of the Well's run.
    If Wells was writing Peter and Miles team-ups it would just be Miles saving Peter's butt all the time or scolding him or both of them being useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    she kidnap and tried to kill randy and janince in Spencer run during the king ransom arc
    Oh yeah, though she was working with other crime bosses then, I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    No, the issue is that there shouldn't even need to be a reason for a 'chewing out'. We don't even know what went down during those six months. This run, Spencers, others... there's always someone chewing Peter out for something, and it's tiring. And no, Miles has no right... when he goes through half the crap Peter has, then MAYBE he might have some ground, until then, miss me with that nonsense.
    Yeah, it's as bad as the MJ lectures.

Like, if you want to lecture Peter Parker, of all characters, about responsibility it needs to feel like a legitimate point and have weight behind and not be some forced and contrived attempt to scold Peter for the umpteenth time.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

I am tired of everyone in these comics acting like Peter is somehow in the wrong for wanting to save MJ after she was kidnapped by Paul's dad and being devastated by the events that followed.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Astonishing Member

Surprisingly solid issue, though Miles was particularly annoying. And what’s up with everyone in Spidey’s extended social circle becoming Mayor of New York? First JJJ, then Fisk, and now Luke Cage. Kinda stretches believability even for comics.
    Last edited by HypnoHustler; 11-30-2023 at 03:00 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    I am tired of everyone in these comics acting like Peter is somehow in the wrong for wanting to save MJ after she was kidnapped by Paul's dad and being devastated by the events that followed.
    Maybe they just hated that story like everyone else.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyspideyfan View Post
    spoilers:
    Definitely Hammerhead getting his skull caved in lol, I think Masque mentions that he’ll still be alive to see what she does next, probably since he’s got that entire metal endoskeleton inside of him still, pretty hard to kill for good. Also the one thing I would have liked is for Robbie to just call Peter by name and stop pretending he doesn’t know, would hit harder as an emotional beat since Randy is in critical condition.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, that would have been nice.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

spoilers:
    Also the one thing I would have liked is for Robbie to just call Peter by name and stop pretending he doesn’t know, would hit harder as an emotional beat since Randy is in critical condition.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The problem is that after One More Day Robbie would have forgotten Peter was Spider-man, and I don't think there's been any good opportunity for him to relearn it since. Which is actually I think objectionable, because Robbie has been I think a really underappreciated character. He's a mentor to Peter and moral compass for Jonah, yet where often African-American characters in fiction with a mentor role to the white character have had little to no interiority of their own outside that role, it's clear that Robbie's care for Peter was subordinate to his stronger commitment to the Bugle and good journalism generally and to his own family. It seems to me - though maybe I'm not a good judge - that he's remarkably progressive for someone created by two white men in the sixties. It's a bit rubbish for Peter to be calling Norman a father to him when Robbie was always closer to being a father figure.
    end of spoilers
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    spoilers:
    The problem is that after One More Day Robbie would have forgotten Peter was Spider-man, and I don't think there's been any good opportunity for him to relearn it since. Which is actually I think objectionable, because Robbie has been I think a really underappreciated character. He's a mentor to Peter and moral compass for Jonah, yet where often African-American characters in fiction with a mentor role to the white character have had little to no interiority of their own outside that role, it's clear that Robbie's care for Peter was subordinate to his stronger commitment to the Bugle and good journalism generally and to his own family. It seems to me - though maybe I'm not a good judge - that he's remarkably progressive for someone created by two white men in the sixties. It's a bit rubbish for Peter to be calling Norman a father to him when Robbie was always closer to being a father figure.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I’m pretty sure after the spell was broken in Spider-Island a lot of people were able to find out who Peter was who already knew before OMD. For example Eddie knows again, there was never a big reveal moment but he was probably able to connect the dots again, maybe since he lended the symbiote during go down swinging, and it was heavily implied during the end of Slott’s run that Robbie knew Peter was Spidey. I do wish they expanded on the relationship between Peter and Robbie.
    end of spoilers

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

Also I think it’s totally ok for Miles to lecture Peter I don’t think people realize how long he has been Spider-Man too, he was Spidey ever since he was 13 and has more experience than almost every adaptation of Peter that isn’t based on 616 lol. The only problem is until now we were never told that Peter actually stopped being Spidey for 6 months, the way the story was told was more that Peter was closed off to his friends and family. Miles was THE Spider-Man in the Ultimate universe for years

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Definitely good and valid points there.

Also I think it’s totally ok for Miles to lecture Peter I don’t think people realize how long he has been Spider-Man too, he was Spidey ever since he was 13 and has more experience than almost every adaptation of Peter that isn’t based on 616 lol. The only problem is until now we were never told that Peter actually stopped being Spidey for 6 months, the way the story was told was more that Peter was closed off to his friends and family. Miles was THE Spider-Man in the Ultimate universe for years
    Fairly valid point, at least insofar as Peter neglecting his relationships and pushing the people who (still) care about him away because he'd rather go it alone.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I think it's less an issue with Miles' legitimacy but more the framing of the lecture, especially in light of Peter's depiction of this run.

And also they just haven't been depicted as close enough for this to really ring true.