Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Does it though?
    I'm sorry. And, forgive me... No, I just suddenly felt the need to say that for the record

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    Hm, so, Azazel used some magic to make Irene capable to conceive with Raven and give birth, and in exchange Raven allowed him to impregnate her and gave birth to Kurt, but since she hadn't cared for Kurt and it was just a deal for her, she abandoned him and returned back to castle to get Irene and their child? Would be quite in character for Raven to act like that.

If there indeed would be a child of Irene and Raven and it is not a new character, then maybe Rogue would be revealed to be their child, whom they left with Rogue's "parents" for some reason and later returned to "adopt" her. Would explain why Raven always cared more about Rogue than Kurt.
    my idea is a little gross... but hear me out, what if Azazel's seed was used to make the seed that Raven used to impregnate Irene...
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    my idea is a little gross... but hear me out, what if Azazel's seed was used to make the seed that Raven used to impregnate Irene...
    Gross but interesting, it’s mutant sex, it’s allowed to be weird.
    We will find out on Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    That's how some of the depictions of the succubus/incubus myths worked, where they were depicted as one being, with the demon taking on the form of a woman to lie with a man and collect his seed, then shifting to a man and using that seed to impregnate a woman. Usually they were separate demons passing the seed between them, but not always.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camb...20involvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post
    That's how some of the depictions of the succubus/incubus myths worked, where they were depicted as one being, with the demon taking on the form of a woman to lie with a man and collect his seed, then shifting to a man and using that seed to impregnate a woman. Usually they were separate demons passing the seed between them, but not always.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camb...20involvement.
    Mm. Yeah, it’s not beyond the bounds of writing that Irene and Raven could think that they had conceived a child together, when it’s born, it’s clearly had Azazel as the sperm donor. The horror of which causes Raven to tell Irene the baby was still born… and to dispose of it off a cliff?

The ways in which I will emotionally spiral if we're all hyping the every luvin' BAMF out of this origin adjustments -- only to have it NOT do anything at all, I swear.

If this ends up being a trip through LOL land, teasing and sprinkling brimstone bread crumbs so that fans can further speculate and hypothesize, I'll be so bummed. lol

Astonishing Member

One has to wonder if the whole "Mystique is Nightcrawler's mother" reveal has actualy benefited any of the characters involved?

Arguably Nightcrawlers original story of his childhood in a circus, the family ties he developed there and the tragic death of his foster brother, feel much more important and impactfull for the character than the sudden reveal that he is biological related to a female villain.

Meanwhile for Mystique her status as foster mother to Rogue seems to have remained a much stronger source of emotional moments and vulnerability than anything related to the reveal that another X-men just happens to be her biological offspring.

Then the Azazel retcon arguably not only made it unnecessarily convoluted, didn't really benefited either Mystique or Nightcrawler and even introduced a character who made Nightcrawlers power set and appearance less unique. Let's not even get to the inane subject of the whole "angelic vs. demonic looking mutants" concept.

And now we seem to get what is essentialy a retcon to a retcon to a shocking soap opera style reveal which didn't really seem to benefit anyone.
    Last edited by Grunty; 11-28-2023 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    One has to wonder if the whole "Mystique is Nightcrawler's mother" reveal has actualy benefited any of the characters involved?

Arguably Nightcrawlers original story of his childhood in a circus, the family ties he developed there and the tragic death of his foster brother, feel much more important and impactfull for the character than the sudden reveal that he is biological related to a female villain.

Meanwhile for Mystique her status as foster mother to Rogue seems to have remained a much stronger source of emotional moments and vulnerability than anything related to the reveal that another X-men just happens to be her biological offspring.

Then the Azazel retcon arguably not only made it unnecessarily convoluted, didn't really benefited either Mystique or Nightcrawler and even introduced a character who made Nightcrawlers power set and appearance less unique. Let's not even get to the inane subject of the whole "angelic vs. demonic looking mutants" concept.

And now we seem to get what is essentialy a retcon to a retcon to a shocking soap opera style reveal which didn't really seem to benefit anyone.
    I like how it was used in the cartoons.

I’ll try to get the synopsis up if I get time at work. I think the thread title should be cat amongst the pigeons

A very soap opera conclusion, but fairly comprehensive……with one exception I think that will probably have Spurrier scrambling to explain retrospectively.